BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal in the 5th Round of the Cup *PLEASE DONT ASK FOR STREAMING LINKS!*

m1st

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arsenal resting players is bad news for us. Instead of playing a team with one eye on Europe who won't like it 'up 'em' and won't want to get injured, we'll be playing a much more hungry group desperate to be on the plane.

I don't think we'll capitulate but I hope Appleton is sensible and we don't end up with any injuries to add to a (probable) cup exit.

Of course if we are 1-0 up in the first 20 minutes I'll be dreaming of Wembley!

1-1 draw. There I've said it. :D

Stuart, i dont think we are playing Bayern. Unless Arsenal play Bayern away in the 1st leg, i dont think their players need to be on a plane from North London to North London. Or maybe are they just going to pretend that they will be on the plane? ;)

Stuart, i dont think we are playing Bayern. Unless Arsenal play Bayern away in the 1st leg, i dont think their players need to be on a plane from North London to North London. Or maybe are they just going to pretend that they will be on the plane? ;)

Fair enough. Scratch the plane bit but my point still stands. It's gonna be tough even against Arsenal's fringe eleven.

• Backroom

I'm not too concerned about the game although a win would be unbelievable, the main thing is we don't get absolutely hammered and really knock some of the younger lads confidence

Looking at last team we took to arsenal: Robinson, Lowe (sub Orr 36 mins), Dann, Givet, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Petrovic, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Dunn (sub Hanley 45 mins), Modeste which is an atrocious team (thanks Steve kean for that) I don't think in terms of quality our full strength team today is too different in quality.

So think I'd be happy to avoid another 7-1 or a draw. Even a win (as unlikely as it is) would screw me over from financial point of view because I've already spent £70 on train and hotel for the millwall game which would be 6th round weekend.

Ps. Just to show how far/fast our decline has been this was team before last to go to emirates in 2011: Robinson, Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Olsson, Emerton, Nzonzi, P Jones, J Jones (sub Dunn 90 mins), Hoilett, Santa Cruz (sub Roberts 62 mins). Once again thanks venkean for that.

Refreshing. I'm really starting to like this guy, PR-minded or not..

He needs to drop the 12 number 10s gag from his routine now though!

He also mentions building bridges between the fans and owners but aside from results quietening people I'm not sure what this means.

Refreshing. I'm really starting to like this guy, PR-minded or not..

He needs to drop the 12 number 10s gag from his routine now though!

He also mentions building bridges between the fans and owners but aside from results quietening people I'm not sure what this means.

the 12 number 10's gag was from being asked about Players out and how big the squad is. I think MA will just be total honest with the fans in press conference and tell the truth without PR spin.

Could rovers win today???

But I dont expect Rhodes or Murphy to start. Both needed for Wednesday and both have playing with knocks.

this is the team I expect to see:- Kean, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson; Peds, Williamson, Lowe, Marcus Olsson; Kaz and Gomes.

Bench:- Usai, Rekik, Givet, Murphy, Rhodes, Bentley, Morris.

I think Rhodes will be desperate to start.

Bit of a pointless fixture if we don't have a go. If we are 3-0 down then fine bring Rhodes off but I think Appleton will want to continue the rhythm of the side, hope for a bit of luck and keep the momentum going.

Actually looking forward to this one despite expecting a loss. Good that it's on the telly here in Norway as well. Hoping we might pull off a 0-0 or sneak a win. By the way...will there be extra time or replay match at Ewood if by some miracly this game ended with a draw?

Archived