BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Semi Final Draw

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wembley is too far, too expensive, Shagnew will hog the show, our support will be pathetic, we'll get tubbed etc etc

Win on Weds and I'll be going, permission granted for solo transatlantic trip whooop!

:tu::tu:

Wembley is too far, too expensive, Shagnew will hog the show, our support will be pathetic, we'll get tubbed etc etc

Win on Weds and I'll be going, permission granted for solo transatlantic trip whooop!

Good effort. Shames the moaners.

FA web site still saying the fixtures will be decided in the next few days - where have we been confirmed as the Sat game supposing we get through?

I was going by Wigan's fixtures on the BBC website, according to them their game with us/Millwall was Saturday 13th with the kick off time still to be confirmed.

Won't be a 3pm if it's live on tv.

I was going by Wigan's fixtures on the BBC website, according to them their game with us/Millwall was Saturday 13th with the kick off time still to be confirmed.

Won't be a 3pm if it's live on tv.

Actually, scratch that.Just checked again and they have City playing United/Chelsea on the Saturday too so obviously nothing been confirmed as of yet.

Hopefully we'd be the Saturday though, if we get there of course.

• Backroom

If we get there I really hope I can find the pennies as it would be my cup final

At a wedding up in Silverdale (of a Bolton fan) the day of the final, room booked and paid for and when I put a tentative enquiry in with the wife about the possibility of me not going it didn't go down too well!

If we get there I really hope I can find the pennies as it would be my cup final

At a wedding up in Silverdale (of a Bolton fan) the day of the final, room booked and paid for and when I put a tentative enquiry in with the wife about the possibility of me not going it didn't go down too well!

Our first FA cup game since 1960, I'd be 'telling' the wife I'm going to the final, sod bolton and sod Silverdale (Sorry TS)

Ps - Don't tell Debs.

Police will insist the bigger game is Sat, less overtime, better transport links - B-game will be relegated to the Sunday

That's good, we'll be on the Saturday then with Chelsea and the Mancs playing out their two-bob 'b' game on the Sunday. :tu:

I can assure you that IF we get to Wembley I will look forward to a great day out.

At Silverstone. Watching the FIA GT world championship.

To even think about missing a game like that would have been unthinkable for me a few years ago. Thats what the new owners have done to me and my view of football in general.

I can assure you that IF we get to Wembley I will look forward to a great day out.

At Silverstone. Watching the FIA GT world championship.

To even think about missing a game like that would have been unthinkable for me a few years ago. Thats what the new owners have done to me and my view of football in general.

I did that once. Then I went home and watched paint dry. Far more exciting.

To tell you the truth I`m not concerned who likes what sports. My point is I can relate to people who have given up on football as a passion which is something I did not think imaginable just a few years ago.

I rarely post on here anymore and although I always look out for results they are always met with a shrug of the shoulders these days.

I hope we win the cup but won`t care if we don`t.

Sad post Alan.

I do know what you mean though. I much prefer the honesy of Rugby League, their fitness and after a hard knock get up when some lardy darr wimp of a footballer will finish up in hospital.....what a bunch of cheating whimps pay footie these days.

However Rovers are still my team, I do go occasionally (mainly away) and I do want them to win.

I will be watching the game in a London pub shouting them on.....but my God I hate those Venky slime balls with a passion.....along with Shagnew, Degsey and that toss pot Shebby.....clear the scum bags out before we disappear into oblivion.

As Jim says it was a classic case of having to be there to really enjoy it. I can well imagine it would look bad on TV but there's no way it was dull in The Den.

It was enjoyable to watch on tv for anyone with memories of blood-and-guts football pre the pemiership tippy-tappy all-fall-down crap, or anyone with an appreciation of the art of defending at all costs. But I suppose there is a new generation who salivate over consecutive short passes and various other stats

Not long ago I would have bust a gut to get to the game, any game, even at the ridiculous time of 7.30, and even more so for a place in the semi-final of the cup (even if it did result in having my pants pulled down by the FA).

However it is a sign of the times that I will be at the flicks with our peg watching a cinematic classic instead (Oz the Great and the Powerful no less).

Still hope Rovers win though for all those who still put themselves through it

• Backroom

It was enjoyable to watch on tv for anyone with memories of blood-and-guts football pre the pemiership tippy-tappy all-fall-down crap, or anyone with an appreciation of the art of defending at all costs. But I suppose there is a new generation who salivate over consecutive short passes and various other stats

Imagine that, watching a game of football and expecting a team to be able to pass the ball to one and other and have a few decent attempts on goal.

There is some merit to parts of the game on Sunday - it was reminiscent of a past era of hard-hitting football. The game has moved on since then, though, and people rightfully expect a little more from players being paid relative fortunes.

Archived