BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Semi Final Draw

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its the least Dave whelen desrves, Wigan through and through and if anyone has ever met him theyl tell you he's one wise egg with a heart of passion for his team. Venkys would do Well to consult whelen.

Fantasic achievement for a guy who saw his career end and built a sports good empire and invested in his local team whilst allowing his managers to get on with it.

Hes always got a good word for us fans too!

What you on about? Not seen a fairer draw in my life.

You can tell it's an honest draw because we got the lowest ranked team in the bag. :tu:

Think about it, it's only because the balls WEREN'T heated this time out that the Manc clubs were drawn together.

Not let's get on a beat Millwall then we can at least worry about it...

I think you've missed the irony there Stuart!

Perhaps Mrs D will do the same !!!

A vomit inducing thought. We could be the first team in history to be booed by their

own supporters when walking out at Wimberly, if we're lucky enough to beat Millwall.

Dont even think about it Venkys you muppets!

Went to MK Dons and Palace . (Third time lucky?), Will definitely go to Wembley if and only if come Wednesday, and applaud Mr Whelan. Must have been chuffed when we won the Premiership. Proper owner and has a good manager. At least one proper team and management will make it to the final. Pleased for Wigan. We'll probably ruined his day and lose on penalties!

Best draw and the odds are against us but I would love to see Rovers play at Wembley in the FA Cup Final before I turn my toes up and I'm dreaming that this could be the year.

After everything that Rovers fans have been though over the past 2 years or so we deserve it.

JIm, don't you just sense a roveresque let down coming. Just when we think things could not get anyworse. Lose to Millwall leave us wondering what might have been then the rock bottom feeling of a home defeat by that lot up the road. Feelin it in me water, pessimist no just a Rovers fan.

JIm, don't you just sense a roveresque let down coming. Just when we think things could not get anyworse. Lose to Millwall leave us wondering what might have been then the rock bottom feeling of a home defeat by that lot up the road. Feelin it in me water, pessimist no just a Rovers fan.

Absolutely. You can put money on it now.

Nope but I think you have. :D

Good try but you don't fool me!

On a different matter, its just struck me that if we win and Manure win, all 4 teams contesting the semi-finals will be from Lancashire!

Has this ever happened in the past? (Not a follower of the new boundaries by the way!)

Feel the same here mate but the feeling in my water is more painful.........

Let's say we win the replay, scab a win against wigan and get city or united in the final (win or lose we get into europe)....our league form stays as it is and those below us keep picking up points......Has a team in the third tier played in a major european competition before?

It may or may not pan out like that but it is a possibility.

How many times have we had false hope? How many times have we thought things couldn't get any worse and then they do? How many times have we felt the club must be at rock bottom only for it to sink further?

I'm afraid so, I've lost count of the number of times over the years we've brought teams back to Ewood after hard fought away results and flopped badly. Fingers crossed for Weds but nothing surprises me as far as Rovers are concerned.

One of my first real football memories is of Rovers drawing 2-2 at Fulham at this stage of the F.A. Cup many years ago. The draw was on the following Monday and we drew Burnley in the Semi- final ! All we had to do was beat a pretty average Fulham side at home. You can guess the rest, a very lack lustre Rovers failed to turn up and lost 1-0 to a Maurice Cook goal.

Archived