BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

Great offer. Hats off to the club

We can all sit here and discuss the chances of the offer coming into being but it's still a great offer. It would be even more ballsy if we had a club structure geared towards promotion.

The Father Outlaw will be pleased if he ever get's his £36 OAP ticket

For the same reason as OJ plus the owners it's not for me

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great offer. Hats off to the club

We can all sit here and say the offer is a bit hollow given the slim chances of it coming into being but it's still a great offer.

The Father Outlaw will be pleased if he ever get's his £36 OAP ticket

Not for me though

Oh go on swallow some pride and live up to your name, I'm in.

Fans are just worried* and speculating at what a credit card bond would mean. After all the club is heomoragghing cash so it stand to reason that financial institutions would be twitchy.

The only person to mentioned administration in the last few posts was you ;)

*Well most are worried.

Okay the inference was admin that better. :closedeyes:

Just a quick straw poll - with with appointment of Bowyer and the excellent season ticket deal, will you be getting a season ticket next year? Or do the continuing off the field problems mean you won't renew regardless of the deal?

Credit where its due, thats incredible. Even though promotion is an extremely remote possibility, the idea that you can pay just over £50 for a PL season ticket is unheard of. Its times like this that make me think Venkys are actually just a gullible, naieve bunch who've been led astray by scum, and not actually the egotistical idiots they often seem to be.

It is an offer that is trying to get the fans to back the team and it showed in the last games with Bowyer in charge that the crowd help with our performances! We should all just get behind the team and help get us back into the Premiership as it would benefit all of us ( Fans Players Manager Venkys Shebby Agnew Shaw....EVERYONE)

COYB!!!! ROVERS TILL I DIE

Though I could quite easily offer £100 to every man woman and child based on England winning the world cup.

Now if England actually looked like contenders then I'd have some balls

But everyone is saying we have no chance of going up :S We had 5 manager of which 33days was deciding who replaced Kean

2 managers one with 56 days and one with 67 days

And we finished 1 point behind Boro who were going for auto before christmas and had two of our managers sacked.

Last time it took us two seasons

Positive thinking!!! Thats all everyone has turned into doom and gloom

Even without the 75% next season its still a great price though

This is how we need to look at this. Even without the anticipated player sales our chances of promotion are slim-to-none but that's a good offer.

It's a shame I would have to move to the family stand for my youngest to qualify for a free ticket but at the prices quoted i don't think you can watch league football much cheaper elsewhere.

However, this is not a reward for loyal supporters since anyone will qualify. There is no rewards for those fans who have put up with the last 2 years of @#/? and still bought tickets. This is for those supporters who will sign up for this inducement. Even their good news is half-truths.

But on balance, this is good news.

But everyone is saying we have no chance of going up :S We had 5 manager of which 33days was deciding who replaced Kean

2 managers one with 56 days and one with 67 days

And we finished 1 point behind Boro who were going for auto before christmas and had two of our managers sacked.

Last time it took us two seasons

Positive thinking!!! Thats all everyone has turned into doom and gloom

Positive thinking by Kean/Venkys/Agents/Shabby/Shagnew and numerous players played a huge part in getting us into this mess. Doom and gloom is what you get after 2+ years of farce so stop talking like a pi!!ock !

Just a quick straw poll - with with appointment of Bowyer and the excellent season ticket deal, will you be getting a season ticket next year? Or do the continuing off the field problems mean you won't renew regardless of the deal?

I was 99% going to get one anyway... Bowyer certainly wouldn't have been a deciding factor!

I expected a slight increase or a price freeze at the rate after the early bird (£255), so impressed.

The PL pledge doesn't really come into it either, as I don't think there any chance of that unfortunately!

Club needed a carrot. So I can't fault them for trying. No offer was going to make a dent, other than mass resignations ;)

It's all about the state of the club off the field at the moment. They always bleated on about football being a business and not just a sport. Don't expect this to tempt anyone beyond the waverers and think numbers will struggle to get anywhere near last years figure

No one at the begining of the year would have said that

1 Watford would have finished 3rd

2 That Cyrstal Palace would be promoted, even with Freeman in charge

N so just becasue we have had a bad season you now think that we have no chance of going up. I think you need to look at how many team go straight back up.

The league will be hard next year as there are big name managers at a lot of clubs now. We have a good team on paper that didnt perform. We need to get the Boardroom sorted I do agree with that. But the main thing is that we get behind the team and at least think that we can win the league as we all start on the same amount of points!

The offer should get more bums on seats but I don't think you will see the number anywhere near back to the attendance levels of pre Venky's. I won't be buying one that's for sure, it's a matter of principle and I don't think anything has improved at Rovers to change my mind.

You are either a rovers fan or an armchair fan, irrelevant of the crap that has consumed us this past 2/3 yrs going to watch your team is for me important, there are many teams who have had worse things happen to them ie Wolves Pompey, Coventry, i know where i want to be come match day, and thats not at home.

The thing I find most impressive is offering under 8's a free season tickets and a £60 ticket for 8-16 year olds. Need to think about the future not only in terms of players but also fans. We need to get the youngsters hooked now so that they become life long rovers fans.

You are either a rovers fan or an armchair fan, irrelevant of the crap that has consumed us this past 2/3 yrs.

Back to the old "real fan" debate I see. I could say it's always the 'current ST holders' that start it but that would be curlish of me ;)

You are either a rovers fan or an armchair fan, irrelevant of the crap that has consumed us this past 2/3 yrs going to watch your team is for me important, there are many teams who have had worse things happen to them ie Wolves Pompey, Coventry, i know where i want to be come match day, and thats not at home.

Sorry but that's simplistic nonsense.

Each to their own, if you want to buy a season ticket, fine, but that doesn't necessarily make someone who doesn't any lesser of a fan.

If I don't get one it will be a personal stance against terrible ownership and deceit.

As a lifelong fan in my 40's don't try and tell me I'm not a supporter.

Whatever the reason(s) people decide to renew, not renew or buy, not buy a season ticket, that's up to them. Do we really have to resort to categorising fans as 'armchair fans' or 'Rovers Fans'. Those arguments have long been used and to be quite honest, are quite pathetic and childish.

Back on topic; the club have been quite rightly criticised over the handling of many affairs but the season ticket price freeze and the 75% discount, should we get promoted is a fantastic offer. I was always going to renew anyway regardless of price. The club deserves to be applauded for this pricing structure. Though not the length of time it's taken to get the information out.

Hmmm...............call me an old cynic if you like.

• Gates are tumbling by the game
  • The announced attendances are clearly "inaccurate" to anyone actually sitting in the ground
  • The club is said by some to be losing £2m / month during the season
  • Potentially we are looking at a larger trading loss in 2012/13 than any previous year in the club's history
  • Non-ticket matchday revenues have fallen
  • Sponsorship fell off a cliff
  • Corporate fell off the same cliff
  • Ground advertising is grim at best
  • Two years of parachute payments rumoured to have been spent in one season
  • It's the close season and we have no revenue till mid August
  • Wages still need paying

Question. How can we get some cash? Ah ha! Offer the supporters a great deal in 15 months time. Not only will it bring in a bit of cash they might start to love us again - or at least think a little better of the owners and management. The chances of having to pay out? Zero.

Jam tomorrow.

Jam tomorrow.

It's not even that. It's "there's a very small chance of jam tomorrow".

It's not even anything to do with loyalty either. As an initiative, it's completely risk free from the club's point of view. The risk is all with the paying punters.

People need to see through the "offer" and simply decide if they think it's worth the money next season.

Conversely, for 3 of us to watch league football for less than £350 is still pretty good.

I don't think they've fully reckoned with the cynicism of the Blackburn public though.

Archived