BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

However as I no longer enjoy the match day experience of the last few years I think I will pass on this one.

I think this is a crucial point and one the club will become aware of in the coming weeks. Many people just don't enjoy the match day experience any more. Saying 'it's a good price' is relative to whether the experience is enjoyable or not. Paying a quid to go and watch your team get stuffed every week would not be good value, let alone £200+.

In theory Bowyer could turn out to be a goodun and we might get decent football at Ewood again, but even if that does happen we're only one boardroom squabble away from total destabilisation again.

I just hope Rovers fans take the club up on this offer. It was great to see the 20k crowd and atmosphere against Palace on the last game of the season. It would be brilliant if every home game next season was like that.

I aint a Venky apologist and I aint a 'Rovers Fan'. I despise them for what they have done to our club. BUT I continue to support Rovers because I can differentiate between BRFC (the town football club who I have supported all of my life) and Venkys, Shingnew etc. To those lifelong supporters who are staying away, or contemplating not going in the future, is it possible you can do the same thing?

Credit where its due, thats incredible. Even though promotion is an extremely remote possibility, the idea that you can pay just over £50 for a PL season ticket is unheard of. Its times like this that make me think Venkys are actually just a gullible, naieve bunch who've been led astray by scum, and not actually the egotistical idiots they often seem to be.

Burnley actually gave away season tickets in the premiership for all supporters that bought the season before, still Its a very good deal as you say if you actually think we'll be promoted next season, I'd wager the vast majority of supporters think we have no chance at all of being promoted, and they'll probably be right.

This offer quite clearly disproves the notion that Venky's don't care about attendance figures.

Proves nothing.

I could equally say that it proves that they want to get as much money in as possible this season before the jump ship with us having gone bust next season.

It's not even that. It's "there's a very small chance of jam tomorrow".

It's not even anything to do with loyalty either. As an initiative, it's completely risk free from the club's point of view. The risk is all with the paying punters.

People need to see through the "offer" and simply decide if they think it's worth the money next season.

Conversely, for 3 of us to watch league football for less than £350 is still pretty good.

I don't think they've fully reckoned with the cynicism of the Blackburn public though.

This is a point purely based on price but it seems to me that the Blackburn public needs to get with the real world. There's being cynical and then there's getting something miles cheaper than everyone else and still finding fault with aspects of the price.

Absolutely no argument with people who still don't want to go on non-price related issues but there's not one thing on that particular page on the Rovers website that wouldn't make other clubs fans absolutely chuffed to bits if their website said the same.

I think this is a crucial point and one the club will become aware of in the coming weeks. Many people just don't enjoy the match day experience any more. Saying 'it's a good price' is relative to whether the experience is enjoyable or not. Paying a quid to go and watch your team get stuffed every week would not be good value, let alone £200+.

In theory Bowyer could turn out to be a goodun and we might get decent football at Ewood again, but even if that does happen we're only one boardroom squabble away from total destabilisation again.

It's not entirely the results either DE.

I could accept us languishing midtable with a poor side if I thought all areas of the club were pulling in the right direction to get us moving forward again. We aren't and It just feels so self inflicted.

I don't want to pay in advance for matchdays that make me feel so frustrated / mad anymore. I will just pick and choose for now.

Hmmm...............call me an old cynic if you like.

• Gates are tumbling by the game
  • The announced attendances are clearly "inaccurate" to anyone actually sitting in the ground
  • The club is said by some to be losing £2m / month during the season
  • Potentially we are looking at a larger trading loss in 2012/13 than any previous year in the club's history
  • Non-ticket matchday revenues have fallen
  • Sponsorship fell off a cliff
  • Corporate fell off the same cliff
  • Ground advertising is grim at best
  • Two years of parachute payments rumoured to have been spent in one season
  • It's the close season and we have no revenue till mid August
  • Wages still need paying

Question. How can we get some cash? Ah ha! Offer the supporters a great deal in 15 months time. Not only will it bring in a bit of cash they might start to love us again - or at least think a little better of the owners and management. The chances of having to pay out? Zero.

Jam tomorrow.

Couldn't agree more and it just makes me think that the likes of Aggers and Shaggers actually think money matters to fans after all that's gone on. They clearly don't want a decline from last years 50% and this is their desperate attempt to stop that decline.

Sorry but that's simplistic nonsense.

Each to their own, if you want to buy a season ticket, fine, but that doesn't necessarily make someone who doesn't any lesser of a fan.

If I don't get one it will be a personal stance against terrible ownership and deceit.

As a lifelong fan in my 40's don't try and tell me I'm not a supporter.

Okay in reply to you and Blue/white army, i am not going to the "old real fan stuff" i am simply saying i know where i would rather be on a matchday irrelevant of all the issues surrounding owners and off field antics (Shagnew),

Me, personally, i would rather watch our team than sat at home, thats what i said, my cousin lives in Sydney and is a lifelong fan so whats the difference. I guess there are still some lifelong fans who never forgave the club for not getting FA cup final tickets back in 1960 and never set foot inside Ewood again. you make your own decisions in life and you guys have made yours and i have made mine. Simples

This is a point purely based on price but it seems to me that the Blackburn public needs to get with the real world. There's being cynical and then there's getting something miles cheaper than everyone else and still finding fault with aspects of the price.

But thats clearly not the case is it,the prices are great but what the Pune pillocks have done and continue to do to this towns football club is for many simply unforgivable...many people can/will see through the hype and will not be 'bought'.

Burnley actually gave away season tickets in the premiership for all supporters that bought the season before, still Its a very good deal as you say if you actually think we'll be promoted next season, I'd wager the vast majority of supporters think we have no chance at all of being promoted, and they'll probably be right.

Exactly what I was going to point out - whilst it's a good deal its just a slightly lesser version of what Burnley offered a few years back.

Exactly what I was going to point out - whilst it's a good deal its just a slightly lesser version of what Burnley offered a few years back.

Out of interest how much was their original season ticket price?

But thats clearly not the case is it,the prices are great but what the Pune pillocks have done and continue to do to this towns football club is for many simply unforgivable...many people can/will see through the hype and will not be 'bought'.

Seems like its the case to me. Plenty of criticism of the 75% reduction such as we've got so little chance of getting promoted, there's ulterior motives to it, its not a loyalty bonus like they're saying it is, its worse than Burnley's offer anyway. Who cares? Its an absurdly good offer in whatever circumstances.

Have a look at that in the Conference North: http://www.stockportcounty.com/tickets/2013-14-prices/

Thats the real world I'm talking about, any criticism of anything in our ST prices is staggering. I think there's a little bubble around Blackburn starting to grow inside which people have forgotten how much football costs.

It’s not a good enough reason to criticize the initiative though, and I’m sure you’re not doing that T4E, but I think the club feels such incentives could well sway the populous, I think they’ll be sadly mistaken, far too much water under the bridge.

Yep. Can we stop it right here

PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE

I would gladly pay, say for example £350, for a season ticket if the circus left town.

I've never had to be 'bought' to support the club that I've followed for over half a century.

Seems like its the case to me. Plenty of criticism of the 75% reduction such as we've got so little chance of getting promoted, there's ulterior motives to it, its not a loyalty bonus like they're saying it is, its worse than Burnley's offer anyway. Who cares? Its an absurdly good offer in whatever circumstances.

Have a look at that in the Conference North: http://www.stockportcounty.com/tickets/2013-14-prices/

Thats the real world I'm talking about, any criticism of anything in our ST prices is staggering. I think there's a little bubble around Blackburn starting to grow inside which people have forgotten how much football costs.

SKH,the problems run much much deeper than offers of cheap season tickets to APPEASE the fans.

I respect the individual's decision to renew or not btw..that's your prerogative.

Its tempted me I'll admit, Im usually a half-empty person, but I remember the last time when we went up at the second go. Besides, after being at the Legends match it reminded me of what I would be missing....

Great offer :tu:

But!

"Plus...2014-15 season tickets at just 25% of Championship prices should Rovers return to the Premier League!"

Is it possible that Shaw, Agnew etc.... have dropped another massive clanger and the above should read 25% off (so next year it would be 25% off the price you paid this year if we get to the prem) ??? ;)

Archived