BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

chaddy, my friendo, your naive optimism can be quite endearing at times. Not to me. For other members, sure. However, your recent role as Team GB's spokesman is starting to grate on a few nerves. No offence meant to Kamy, GM, or Parsonblue but none of them are authorities on the game. They all have their opinion and some people happen to have an opposite one. You should learn to respect a polarity of views instead of flipping your lid everytime someone doesn't subscribe to GB's fanclub.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for no pressure to sell, seems like the sun has got to you - heard those words when Venky's first bought the Rovers; let's see where we are when the season kicks-off. If any of Dann, Hanley, Olsson1 and Rhodes are still with us, it will be a major surprise to me.

Think GM has positioned himself well by heaping praise and highlighting key players for next seasons campaign probably in the knowledge that he knows they are off.

You're right PB. After fifty years personally following the club and over 120 years for my family, I'm on the verge of giving up.

Maybe I'm taking the moral high ground but I'm getting sick of putting my hard earned into an institution that's full of crooks and leaches feathering their own nest at the expense of the club. I spend thousands each season following them all over the country.

A line has to be drawn somewhere and I'm seriously thinking of drawing it.

Aggy, I know where you are coming from and have felt the same since the moment Big Sam got the push. It had got to the point where the decisions that Venky's were making were beginning to destroy my love for the club. Like you I have over half a century of following the Rovers behind me. We've enjoyed good times in the past but have also had to endure some difficult days although none have seemed as difficult as these. I don't think I felt as low when we were struggling in the old Third Division in the early 1970s, as I have over the past couple of years. However, at the end of the day I have spent too long supporting this club to walk away. I have come to the conclusion that I simply won't let the owners and those who walk the corridors of power at Ewood Park destroy something that has meant so much to me for so long. The owners will either improve or they will go for they surely can't continue to lose the money they are losing at the moment. The only thing that matters is that the club survives and for that the hardcore support need to stick with the club. I've decided to continue to support the players and in Gary and Terry I believe we have two guys who genuinely care about the club and who will do their very best for the club. I'm not saying that they will get us back to the Premier League - no manager can guarantee that - but they will give everything for the cause.

I know that for you, like me, the cost of the season ticket is not the issue. I just hope you decide to stick with it for the hardcore supporters are what this club has always been founded upon.

It was originally your club, and will be long after the shysters have gone. The only person who can take the club from you is yourself. (other than Sam Hamann)

A seat is your place to make your voice heard. Sitting on a message board, moaning about the Pune 4 is futile. If you see paying as lining the pockets of Venkys (and not some of the over priced players, with a well chosen agent) - then you are nearly as stupid as Shebby - The money we pay is insignificant nowadays (it may not be in 2 years)

I don't like what has happened, I'm not particularly happy with the state of football, I'm not the richest son of a gun - yet I'm still going. 22 years of tradition and family days out will not be curtailed because "I don't like the owners or the MD"

Reminds me of last year this. I came on here and told the keanout brigade to get behind their team and go the games. People moaned then and people are moaning now.

Some people will forever moan, shagnew may leave and some will still moan as venkys are in charge.

Each to their own but if you enjoy supporting your team and having a couple of beers with your mates then get yourself a bargain season ticket. If you don't then that's up to you.

My feeling is there are some people with the anti venkys/shagnew stance and fair play to them for sticking to their guns.

There are some though that are just not going as rovers are out of the premier league, glory fans, but they are at every club.

Just glad I'm not a rovers fan as I think it may be a while before you get back to the the premier league unless you ship out the deadwood and get some hungry young players in and keep hold of Rhodes.

It's not about money, lining the pockets of Venkys, protest or anything else. The club has gone backwards rapidly under the last two years and a lot of it is self inflicted by the decisions of the owners and the self-interest of others. My attendance at games, to support the team and voice displeasure at the owners, has done absolutely noting to stop this. I am incredibly angry that a stable club of less than 3 years ago has been turned into this joke and on a match day that anger intensifies.

I could enjoy cheering on 11 useless players in blue and white regardless of the league they are in if I thought that the club were trying to go in the right direction. However we have seen nothing to suggest this self destruction will not go on and I am not masochistic enough to continue paying cash and rearranging my plans to have the anger of watching this happen intensified.

Reminds me of last year this. I came on here and told the keanout brigade to get behind their team and go the games. People moaned then and people are moaning now.

Some people will forever moan, shagnew may leave and some will still moan as venkys are in charge.

Each to their own but if you enjoy supporting your team and having a couple of beers with your mates then get yourself a bargain season ticket. If you don't then that's up to you.

My feeling is there are some people with the anti venkys/shagnew stance and fair play to them for sticking to their guns.

There are some though that are just not going as rovers are out of the premier league, glory fans, but they are at every club.

Just glad I'm not a rovers fan as I think it may be a while before you get back to the the premier league unless you ship out the deadwood and get some hungry young players in and keep hold of Rhodes.

I remember it well. That was back when you used to pretend to be a Rovers fan before you were outed as a Sheff Weds fan.

I don't care how many of your family are Rovers fans, don't preach to us about anything to do with Kean or Venkys.

Glad you're not a Rovers fan because we aren't in the PL? Typical glory hunter talk.

And what an awesome awe inspiring season it was.. Rovers clap happy clap.

Edit... Your a weds fan ? Speaks volumes when fans of other team stick their beak in .

Going to games so you could have a voice made no difference, at any other club the anti kean protest which reached its height against Bolton would have seen the manager sacked straight after. I think the only way you can force real change now is to have a fully empty Ewood. See how difficult it would be for the owners and the people running the club to come out with some PR spin against that, they simply can't.

If people want to give their hard earned coin to a club that shows them no respect and treats them like fools then that's their prerogative. I'll admit I have to admire their tolerance, me I couldn't stand giving money to something that has changed so radically and feels so alien. Anyways from a personal life standpoint the last two years have taught me that there if far more important things in life than football.

Going to games so you could have a voice made no difference, at any other club the anti kean protest which reached its height against Bolton would have seen the manager sacked straight after. I think the only way you can force real change now is to have a fully empty Ewood. See how difficult it would be for the owners and the people running the club to come out with some PR spin against that, they simply can't.

If people want to give their hard earned coin to a club that shows them no respect and treats them like fools then that's their prerogative. I'll admit I have to admire their tolerance, me I couldn't stand giving money to something that has changed so radically and feels so alien. Anyways from a personal life standpoint the last two years have taught me that there if far more important things in life than football.

Always has been and always will be.

Whatever happens to Rovers, there will be a huge challenge to entice back the thousands who have walked away. Even in the PL years, Messrs Williams and co had to work damned hard to build-up the core base. It's a bit like the patient building of a retail brand only for a bit of bad publicity to dissipate its value in quick fashion.

Going to games so you could have a voice made no difference, at any other club the anti kean protest which reached its height against Bolton would have seen the manager sacked straight after.

Do you ever attend Rovers games anyway ? Presume you live locally yet during home matches are usually to be found on this messageboard.

I remember it well. That was back when you used to pretend to be a Rovers fan before you were outed as a Sheff Weds fan.

I don't care how many of your family are Rovers fans, don't preach to us about anything to do with Kean or Venkys.

Glad you're not a Rovers fan because we aren't in the PL? Typical glory hunter talk.

Show me the post where I said I was a rovers fan. I was never outed as being a Wednesday fan I volunteered the fact. I was just telling some miserable fans on here to stop moaning all the time and get behind your team. Looks like some of you still aren't doing it!

We are or would be if it wasn't virtually impossible to be behind the team without appearing to be behind the rest of the circus that surrounds our club. I know other clubs have had it hard so we can't claim to be unique, but ours would seem to be the only place where there has been a determined and apparently deliberate effort to run the club down in the quickest possible time and with the maximum possible pain to fans.

I would have seriously considered going this coming season had the club done the proper thing and FINALLY appointed a proper manager, so yes im not going in part due to the fact that they have gone for another cheap yes-man. I don't believe for a second that bowyer wouldn't have been appointed had his results been worse instead of ok, they always planned on giving him the job but the fact is that he got one or two decent results with a few abject performances that people are now more tolerant of his appointment and I don't believe for a second he is capable of getting us into the play-offs let alone automatic promotion, that's one reason why I wont renew, the others are obviously venkys/singh's/shagnew's contempt for the supporters, I wont invest another penny into the club until the rotten lot of them have gone, for me its not about not being a premierleague club anymore as I was a season ticket holder the last time we went down and didn't miss a game including cup matches, its about making a stand against these lot.

Show me the post where I said I was a rovers fan. I was never outed as being a Wednesday fan I volunteered the fact. I was just telling some miserable fans on here to stop moaning all the time and get behind your team. Looks like some of you still aren't doing it!

Personally its got nothing to do with other fans. I bet theres some moaners on weds boards as well ffs.

Personally its got nothing to do with other fans. I bet theres some moaners on weds boards as well ffs.

Yes there are loads!

Fickle fans are everywhere, and everyone will be moaning about England being bob tonight too.

Anyway rovers season ticket prices are great. You should all get one if you can afford one.

The season ticket deal is ok, no more.

Half of the people who have bought them over the last couple of seasons haven't been bothering to attend games....even people I know who bought half season tix after Kean's departure packed up going after realising what was being served up was largely the same old tripe

Remember that from theCardiff game onwards the declared gates were a work of fiction

Any suggestion of a rise, 5%, £20, whatever would have had people deciding not to bother again in droves .... And many still will. it is unlikely that even all of the loyalists who invested 12 months ago will fork out even with our master of spin attempting to convince us that 17th, 4pts off relegation, in some way in his convoluted twisted worldview represented a decent season

So what will we have...7,000...8,000 sales? Even if the ludicrous 75% off offer ends up with lightning striking again, as it did when Burnley went up after offering freebies, won't cause that much of a hit....if by some miracle we went up, the same number again would be back and willing to pay full whack

Remember this is a club and a town where we had to price tickets lower than Stanley to engender gates of 20,000 when expectations and satisfaction levels with the product on offer were comparatively stratospheric to the mid-table mediocrity most realists anticipate next season - and believe me mid-table mediocrity will do me fine after the last desperate two and a half seasons

After 15 years being unable or unwilling to commit to a ST ironically I probably will this season because I have a nine-year-old as keen and full of hopes and dreams about football as I was at that age

But please don't patronise me by trying to portray the prices as some admirable philanthropic gesture by Agnew and Shaw

There are about 5,000 fans who would renew if the club charge £600, just as there are at every club. Its those total die-hards that have been pushing up the price of football in the last 20 years as clubs have realised that exploiting them will make more money than selling tickets cheap to all fans.

This deal next season for example, I'd guess it will bring in about 12,000 ST holders maximum.

Well 12,000 x £225 = £2.7m.

5,000 ST holders x £600 = £3m.

So best case scenario for season ticket sales and they're still losing money compared to if they just decided to rip us off. It was exactly the same when ticket prices started coming down under the trust. It never makes economic sense in football to drop or fix ST prices, which is why virtually nobody else ever does it. So I would definitely class this as at least a partially philanthropic gesture, god knows the fans are owed a few of those by now, but I still think we should give some credit when we get one.

I would hazard a guess sales wil be a little nearer to 5,000 than they will be to 12,000.

I hope I'm wrong and that the summer unfolds in a manner to give us all some hope.

But I anticipate significant and major departures as well as an adherence to a recruitment policy which quite sensibly seems more Saxton /Don Mackay years than Kenny/Jack style expenditure based on the club still being on the Gold Standard

I'd settle here and now for a re-run of the Don Mackay years. They were a damn site more exciting than the last two and the one ahead of us now.

FMC and two seasons in the play offs. Given what's on offer now that would be heaven.

Chances of a repeat? Zero.

Players of that type available? Zero.

Thanks to John Williams we are one of the few Clubs who operate the German pricing approach..."cheap means more" and hope it brings the TV money.

It never worked for Wigan and on a lower scale it has for Bradford City.We have to hope(some of us) that it will keep enough of us still maintaining our habit.

Unfortunately this web-site has so little traffic now that the 'moaners' and 'atheists' are in the pre-dominance and block out the voice of the supporters who cannot surrender the Club to the Venkys and Shagnew. Another sad by-product of the Keano period.

Perhaps it's the snakes we have running the club but my first reaction when I saw the offer was "well, we're confident we're not going to get promoted then."

Grudgingly credit for keeping prices where they are. One of the few good moves Rovers have done. However the promotion incentive is just that - a promotion. It's highly unlikely to happen, and therefore a fairly safe and meaningless gesture.

Perhaps in other days I would have seen things differently but as others have said there's too many crooks and clowns at Ewood to get excited these days. Will continue to support the lads away, but it'll take more to get me back to Ewood on a regular basis. The removal of A.S.S. would be a start.

Perhaps it's the snakes we have running the club but my first reaction when I saw the offer was "well, we're confident we're not going to get promoted then."

Grudgingly credit for keeping prices where they are. One of the few good moves Rovers have done. However the promotion incentive is just that - a promotion. It's highly unlikely to happen, and therefore a fairly safe and meaningless gesture.

Perhaps in other days I would have seen things differently but as others have said there's too many crooks and clowns at Ewood to get excited these days. Will continue to support the lads away, but it'll take more to get me back to Ewood on a regular basis. The removal of A.S.S. would be a start.

+1

I love the last sentence.

Archived