BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Unfortunately it was one that was on dodgy ground about 6 month ago according to the friendly legal eagles. Was quite tame compared to some that didn't make it :)

Not sure a 'A.S.S out' shirt is legally dodgy is it? No clear reference to anyone at all.

And I was earlier thinking of it tainting our association with our beloved S.A.S :wacko:

Not sure a 'A.S.S out' shirt is legally dodgy is it? No clear reference to anyone at all.

And I was earlier thinking of it tainting our association with our beloved S.A.S :wacko:

It did have names on it :)

Part of an advert that did not appear

Image08_zps7ba0bc8c.png

I can't figure out why Venky's want to get fans back into Ewood. It's not for the money, if it were prices would be higher. I'm not convinced It's about giving back to the little people - why start now after all that's gone before? I don't think Shagnew have come with the deal due to the combination of incompetence, arrogance and contempt for the fans.

All I can think of is that GB has explained the concept of the 12th man and they've gone for it. A repeat of the support from the end of the season could improve results and therefore his record, and the low pricing is a way to do something for the fans.

Or maybe it was, you know, Shebby's idea.

I can't figure out why Venky's want to get fans back into Ewood. It's not for the money, if it were prices would be higher. I'm not convinced It's about giving back to the little people - why start now after all that's gone before? I don't think Shagnew have come with the deal due to the combination of incompetence, arrogance and contempt for the fans.

All I can think of is that GB has explained the concept of the 12th man and they've gone for it. A repeat of the support from the end of the season could improve results and therefore his record, and the low pricing is a way to do something for the fans.

Or maybe it was, you know, Shebby's idea.

If that was the reason it would make a lot more sense to put Bowyer in the LT to rally people rather than Agnew.

More likely it's a way of trying to curry favour with the fans and get him back into people's good books.

I gave last seasons season ticket a miss for the first time in donkeys years but it still cost me more than £225 to go the games that I went to.

Judging on the pricing scheme I will probably renew a ticket but I know that I wont go to every game.

Lets hope it isn't anything connected to a firesale of star players !

If that was the reason it would make a lot more sense to put Bowyer in the LT to rally people rather than Agnew.

More likely it's a way of trying to curry favour with the fans and get him back into people's good books.

A very good point.

Everything spouted by Agnew just invites resistance. I am even thinking of asking him round to my house to tell my kids not to revise for their exams!

Think recently Agnew and PR coming out of the club smacks of someone trying to make a point - either to the "owners" or someone else.

Contradicts his actions which has been against the majority of fans.

I have just bought mine, not been a ticket holder since 95 with my mate, been wanting a season ticket for some time now and just never done it due to work commitments, living over near Bolton etc etc.

I get to a few games a season and this year with the offer thought I would get involved...

Sat with my mate from 95 again which is cool, Its about loving going to the game, supporting a club close to my heart and being with friends!

Think recently Agnew and PR coming out of the club smacks of someone trying to make a point - either to the "owners" or someone else.

Contradicts his actions which has been against the majority of fans.

If they've anything about them, the club's PR company that they've been using will be monitoring fan sites like this one. They've probably picked up on the term 'Shagnew' and will also have seen it feature in a number of articles.

This just feels like part of a charm offensive to paint Aggers as the good guy, and all those fans who've 'moved on' will fall for it. "He's not really a bad bloke that Agnew, you know. His heart's in the right place. He's managed to get that lot to keep season ticket prices low, and even better... £56 when we get promoted! I'm having a bit of that. Well done Aggers." He'll be kissing babies and rescuing cats from trees next.

If they've anything about them, the club's PR company that they've been using will be monitoring fan sites like this one. They've probably picked up on the term 'Shagnew' and will also have seen it feature in a number of articles.

This just feels like part of a charm offensive to paint Aggers as the good guy, and all those fans who've 'moved on' will fall for it. "He's not really a bad bloke that Agnew, you know. His heart's in the right place. He's managed to get that lot to keep season ticket prices low, and even better... £56 when we get promoted! I'm having a bit of that. Well done Aggers." He'll be kissing babies and rescuing cats from trees next.

You've got to question the timing of it all - LT interviews from both of them, community chairman and his drag queen face popping up frequently. It's as if he is trying to make a point to someone. As I said, previously, he has not been acting in the best interests of the club therefore you have to wonder what his real agenda is.

I have just bought mine, not been a ticket holder since 95 with my mate, been wanting a season ticket for some time now and just never done it due to work commitments, living over near Bolton etc etc.

I get to a few games a season and this year with the offer thought I would get involved...

Sat with my mate from 95 again which is cool, Its about loving going to the game, supporting a club close to my heart and being with friends!

are there no teary eyed and throwing-up emoticons on this board?

Archived