BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

• Moderation Lead

Hmmm - would think carefully about that statement.

Run my own straw poll this afternoon / evening and verdict is one of being underwhelmed.

If you can get excited about parting with the same hard earned brass that got you a PL seat just two years ago but will now give you the 'privilege' of watching Eastwood, Taylor and Judge etc scuffle about in the Championship then good luck to you.

229 for any full season ticket is good value, people will and have watched Rovers in any division, and at those prices, I imagine many will continue to.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

think nearly all fans will get behind the team

The owners and Rovers board have offer a great price for season tickets and with their offer of 25% price of this season's season tickets if we get promotion and they get criticize for doing so.

Mercerman, you said last week that Bowyer had no chance of being manager then within 24 hours he was named Permanent manager of Blackburn Rovers. You also said Coyle would be taking over several times. didn't happen, thank god :D

Hull have a transfer budget of 15 million for next season in PL, and according newspaper reports that they want 6 or 7 players so cant see them paying Rhodes fee of 15 to 20 million pounds for him as Glen Mullan said it would take for Rovers to consider it. Hull want Austin for 3 to 4 million pounds.

Cant see any Premier League club paying 15 to 20 million pounds for Rhodes.

Rhodes can scores the goals to get promote and that's worth more to the club than 15 million for our BEST player. 100 million pounds for getting promote vs 15 million pounds??? wonder which one we want???

That's my position aswell. I would be renewing whatever the price is. I am Blackburn Rovers supporter.

Chaddy, I admire your indomitable spirit and optimism.

Just as there was gossip and speculation about Berg and then Appleton's appointment, I wouldn't be surprised if skeletons soon start falling out of the cupboard about Bowyer's appointment and others who were considered !

I said in an earlier post that I thought it was certain that Rhodes would kick-off next season in the PL, I also said it would not be Hull ! I have a sizeable bet riding on this and the fee will be nowhere near £15million !

I said in an earlier post that I thought it was certain that Rhodes would kick-off next season in the PL, I also said it would not be Hull ! I have a sizeable bet riding on this and the fee will be nowhere near £15million !

If you are that confident and already have your bet in, I'm sure you won't mind sharing the details then?

Yep. From the sensible to the simpletons it will snowball as the summer progresses. ;)

The price is good, most will see through the carrot as a hollow gimmick that won't change many people's minds.

It was never and won't ever be about price.

You're quite right B&WA it was never and won't ever be about price. Over the years I've been following the Rovers it's been about supporting a club through good times under a brilliant owner, bad times under the likes of Venky's and largely indifferent times under directors who did their best in difficult circumstances. Over that period the price of season tickets has gone up and gone down but I do think this is a very decent offer for those of us who are still going and would go regardless of price or ownership. Venky's have been a disaster - I think we all agree on that - but the appointment of Gary and the price of season tickets are two pieces of good news that I have welcomed this week.

• Moderation Lead

You're quite right B&WA it was never and won't ever be about price. Over the years I've been following the Rovers it's been about supporting a club through good times under a brilliant owner, bad times under the likes of Venky's and largely indifferent times under directors who did their best in difficult circumstances. Over that period the price of season tickets has gone up and gone down but I do think this is a very decent offer for those of us who are still going and would go regardless of price or ownership. Venky's have been a disaster - I think we all agree on that - but the appointment of Gary and the price of season tickets are two pieces of good news that I have welcomed this week.

+Infinity.

At least you got what I clearly meant Parsonblue

It's a matter of choice for us all and price has never been a factor for the boycotters.

Will not going get rid of Venkys? Maybe not but if it does it will bring it about much quicker than playing along with them and their shyster representatives at Ewood.

If you are that confident and already have your bet in, I'm sure you won't mind sharing the details then?

Ha he's amazing .. He's adamant venkys will be gone but wouldn't take a mere 50 bet and he offered to draw me a picture of why they were leaving ... Must have bought some dodgy invisible ink .

All I will say is that remember who broke the news on this MB that a deal had been agreed for Rhodes' signing from Hudders hours before it was announced anywhere.

Anyway, that's my two penneth for a while, off for some more r & r.

All I will say is that remember who broke the news on this MB that a deal had been agreed for Rhodes' signing from Hudders hours before it was announced anywhere.

Small beer in comparison to the amount of BS you've spouted from your 'sources'...

Small beer in comparison to the amount of BS you've spouted from your 'sources'...

And finally before I do go, you seem to have forgot the stuff about Kean leaving only days before he did. Got ridiculed for it at the time only, I seem to recall, for Kamy to confirm days later in a podcast that supposedly, moves had been afoot for days to shift Kean.

Are we on to champagne now ?

Let's face it, it's not Venky's themselves that have come up with this idea. They may have given the green light but all the hard work has been done at Ewood to come up with this initiative!

I've read the arguments above and am still of the same opinion... Despite the fact I will renew I can completely understand why others won't despite cheap tickets.

It's a clever marketing idea, but whether people will go for it in their droves is another matter. I suppose it's a case of whether people realistically think we will get promoted - I for one would be very surprised.

Season Tickets for 2012/13 were at around the 10k mark, I think this offer/pledge will ensure numbers remain at about the same.

Chaddy, I admire your indomitable spirit and optimism.

Just as there was gossip and speculation about Berg and then Appleton's appointment, I wouldn't be surprised if skeletons soon start falling out of the cupboard about Bowyer's appointment and others who were considered !

Ahh the bet, always a bet, and apparently you always seem to win, now i bet you bet Rovers get into the playoffs, then you'll bet they win promotion and tell us you won a packet, conversely no doubt you will bet on relegation and tell us you've won again.!! I bet. :brfc: oh and not hard to fathom Rhodes not going to hull, I bet he's still at Rovers :rover:

Anyway, that's my two penneth for a while, off for some more r & r.

so are they going?

Hmmm - would think carefully about that statement.

Run my own straw poll this afternoon / evening and verdict is one of being underwhelmed.

If you can get excited about parting with the same hard earned brass that got you a PL seat just two years ago but will now give you the 'privilege' of watching Eastwood, Taylor and Judge etc scuffle about in the Championship then good luck to you.

That sentence sums up the glory-hunter in a nutshell. You may have been 'one of the 6000' in the 80's but you are NOW a Prem fanboy.

I didn't get an S/T last year because Kean was in charge. He's now gone so i'm going to get one. It would be hypocritical not to.

Other reasons;

1) Shagnew won't be on the pitch and my love for BRFC is greater than my contempt for those two . I can sing 'Paul Agnew is a w*nk*r' lots ot times next season.

2) Bowyer deserves our support. He's been at the club 9 years, doing a good job in the background. He's never courted publicity, yet he was thrown in at the deep end twice and coped admirably. He stopped us going down and therefore losing the few decent players left at the club.

3) Venkys are incompetent, but i missed ewood last season so again my contempt for them loses out to wanting to watch Rovers.

4) It's 'jam today' at those prices. It'll be 'jam forever' if we go up and we can watch football for £56.

Come and join me fellow BRFCS-sters for a full season of cheering on the lads and letting Shagnew know just what we think of them. :brfcsmilie:

As someone who loves going to watch the Rovers, I will renew. At those prices it's a no brainier. I'm sick of listening to cynics, moaners, anti every bodies, and those people who just go on about the wrongs of the post Jack Walker era, etc. if we had had the internet before Jack's time, the same moaning we are having now would have been rife. Times change, they always have. My Ewood experience is important to me and I won't let any bunch of tossers spoilt it. Before the old "I've lost my Rovers" crew respond, I'm not a Venkys lovie, just a long lasting Roverite who has seen it all and will be whoever owns the club. True fans see beyond the present situation, Venkys will ultimately go, BRFC will continue.

• Moderation Lead

New game. Take a drink every time you read 'true fan', 'loyal', 'gloryhunter', 'fair weather' etc :D

There's only abuse heading in one direction. Remember that up on those high horse's people.

Tbh, I've seen many quotes attributed to folk renewing- lining up like lemmings, funding the evil empire etc, etc. Not quite one way...

New game. Take a drink every time you read 'true fan', 'loyal', 'gloryhunter', 'fair weather' etc :D

There's only fan v fan abuse heading in one direction. Remember that up on those high horse's people.

I've taken a drink every time you've whined like a mangy dog . I've now got cirrhosis :D

Archived