BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

We werent summoned and Id like to make that clear, he said.

I instigated our meeting because I thought it was appropriate that if Gary was going to be involved in preparing the team, it was only right and proper he should meet the owners, not a telephone conversation but a face to face meeting.

We put the suggestion to Mrs Desai and she agreed that it was a good idea for us to go together.

Although they have met Gary in passing in trips to the ground, this was an opportunity to sit down with him and say we know the situation were in, youve held this position earlier in the season and things went well so heres all the best.

Gary has taken on a difficult job at a precarious time and its important were seen to be absolutely 110 per cent behind him. That was one reason for the trip, to make it clear he had that support.

Wed never do anything that would harm the team. I was confident once Gary said he felt that was the right thing to do, hed already organised training around it and he was back in time for training today.

He was comfortable with that, that was the key. If hed expressed any concern about that we wouldnt have done it and the owners wouldnt have insisted on it either.

All I'm hearing there is BS bingo. "Opportunity", "Appropriate".

So Paul Agnew decided that the best thing for the team, this week - instead of preparing for the two biggest games in our recent history - for him to take a trip to India to hear that the owners support him???????? And this was okay because Gary was "comfortable" and Gary "felt it was the right thing to do"??????? So if we don't get the results it'll be Gary's fault??????

I'm so angry right now at Agnew's "appeal for calm". In doing his best to show he is no stooge, he has taken the heat from Venkys and onto himself. I seem to remember a certain ex-manager used to do that regularly.

I know I shouldn't be but I'm absolutely astonished at the decision making from this man. GET THIS FOOL OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!!!!

We are the most dysfunctional club in the Football League. The "board" is not fit for purpose. SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!

Nail on head.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if he keeps us up maybe he should be considered, but would he take us forward?

we will never know unless he is given the chance.

he would bring through our very good young players like Fernandez, O'Sullivan and Edwards. these are very good young players and should be in our first team next season.

venkys confirmed to GB that he would be incharge till the summer, I reckon GB wants the job permanent in the summer and for next season.

If they do it will suggest Plan A is still very much in motion and they've either learned nothing or are holding their nerve.

I've a lot of time for Gary Bowyer as a coach. But we don't need another gamble. We are DESPERATE for an experienced manager.

During this who time one thing is for sure, over the last 12 months Rovers have been losing money hand over fist yet agents who deal with us are getting richer at our expense. Meanwhile the majority of players they bring us are nowhere near the first team.

A proper manager would not put up with it.

Gary Bowyer's soundbites referring to 'Madame' scare the hell out of me.

In my opinion, it's full steam ahead with crushing the resistance, and The Lady is not for turning.

Our Honorary Vice-President may have passed on this week but I sense her spirit is alive and well at the club.

we will never know unless he is given the chance.

People said the same about Kean, Berg and Appleton.

People could say the same about me if I got given the job.

Had he got Rovers on a upward curve there might've been a case for it, but so far under Bowyer we are looking as bad as we have all season.

Not saying its his fault as its been thrust upon him, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the managers seat. Unfortunately I fear he will be, especially if we get relegated.

Stuart, please name me experience manager you want and do you honestly think they would come to work for Venkys and Shaw/Agnew???

My fIrst two choices were Adkins and McDermott but both have jobs now.

McClaren or McLeish would be ok appointment.

but defo dont want Coyle, Sven or Warnock tbh.

An experienced manager, who would not underwhelm, would not touch Rovers under the current regime with a barge-pole. Add to that the potential status of the club and its hardly surprising.

Financial backing and a vibrant forward thinking board would be a different proposition, better still if Championship status is maintained.

In all fairness Agnew was born & bred a Rovers fan & could remember all those players you name I can guarantee you that. He was probably at Port Vale in 1975 for the Blackburn Times where he began his career working under Bill Westall

He was brought up in the Brownhill area & went to St Marys College

I can't defend anything he's done since coming working for Rovers but demonising his imagiinary past is just plain @#/?

He worked for the LEP just as many of us journalists work covering teams we didnt grow up supporting

I've supported Rovers for 45 years but in the last 12 years I've covered more than 500 matches not involving Rovers

The fact that he wrote Finney's book has exactly what to do with anything?

Let's not start inventing stuff

I wasn't, I was looking for a reaction and point taken.

In all fairness Agnew was born & bred a Rovers fan & could remember all those players you name I can guarantee you that. He was probably at Port Vale in 1975 for the Blackburn Times where he began his career working under Bill Westall

I can't defend anything he's done since coming working for Rovers but demonising his imagiinary past is just plain @#/?

He worked for the LEP just as many of us journalists work covering teams we didnt grow up supporting

I've supported Rovers for 45 years but in the last 12 years I've covered more than 500 matches not involving Rovers

No fan would support the garbage that has gone on at Ewood in the last two and a half years, never mind facilitate and instigate the demonising of the fans and the abhorrent support of Kean, not to mention the recent @#/? in the boardroom. He's no fan, he's an odious little chancer who should be buried up to his neck in @#/?.

Stuart, please name me experience manager you want and do you honestly think they would come to work for Venkys and Shaw/Agnew???

My fIrst two choices were Adkins and McDermott but both have jobs now.

McClaren or McLeish would be ok appointment.

but defo dont want Coyle, Sven or Warnock tbh.

Does'nt matter one jot who the manager is, until they sack the 3 dicks, Agnew, Shaw, Singh or shall we call

them ASS for short.

You keep doing this chaddy. Who you or I want is irrelevant. We are meant to be a professional club so those in charge should make the appropriate offers and advise Venkys what we need. If Venkys continue not to listen, their positions become untenable and they must resign. Unless of course they are only here for the money.

There are plenty of Championship and League One managers. Don't you think Kevin Blackwell would be here in a heartbeat? Or Paul Dickov or Mike Newell. We have NO hope as a club, and may as well pack up and go home now, if we can never hope for a proper manager to be in the dug out. We would be the only club in the country with that philosophy.

18 months ago, Venkys should have been shopping in the ex-PL and Championship market for managers yet didn't choose one - presumably under advice. They should now be looking at ex-Championship and League One managers. They will come if they are allowed to run the team.

We certainly shouldn't want the type of people who will only get the job because they suck up to Madame.

If we do then apathy really has set in and the club is dead In which case, what is the point in caring about WHO gets the manager's job?

Just read Bowyers word in the LT, if this is true then perhaps it's not a bad thing he went. Could help galvanize the squad for the last half dozen live or die games

i agree.

think He and the playing staff were unsure about whether Bowyer was staying in charge after the latest rumours of a manager coming in.

now he been told he is incharge till the summer. where I think if he keeps us up and wants the job permanant I think he would stand a decent chance of getting it

Think Bowyer was always safe regardless. As I said in another thread he has the 3 qualities they look for in a manager (malliable, fawning and cheap) and who else would have us? Especially for a 6 game stint?

No manager in their right mind would touch us with a barge pole - I think even Peter Taylor wouldn't really want to come. We're in chaos, our reputation's a joke, and all that a manager is doing is risking adding a relegation to his CV.

i agree.

think He and the playing staff were unsure about whether Bowyer was staying in charge after the latest rumours of a manager coming in.

now he been told he is incharge till the summer. where I think if he keeps us up and wants the job permanant I think he would stand a decent chance of getting it

I agree

Wouldn't it be great if someone trusted within the echelons came out and openly said something similar to what you elude.

Unfortunately everything that is ever spewed from within is ridiculed and treated with contempt, despair and mistrust. Based on recent history totally understandable.

Hopefully those that may care can be influential enough on the others to get 3 wins from 6 to maintain our status.

The fall out close season is surely better conducted as a Championship club with the potential (pie in sky or not) of a return to the PL

as opposed to League 1 and almost certain oblivion.

Ok let's not invent stuff.

WHY did he see fit to support that lying rat Kean through his entire time at Ewood despite the fact Kean was useless and an unsavoury character?

Why was he instrumental in bringing a very limited Appleton to the club?

Why did he try to stop fans invited By the owners to India from actually seeing the owners?

Why hasn't he resigned?

Why does he continue to play a major role in the demise of our once great club?

What the hell does he do day in day out? He's Mr PR but we've given that gig to a decent company by all accounts.....

It's over to you meadows????

I didn't say he was a supporter now I just corrected someone who said he never was. He's from a family of Rovers fans many of whom are still season ticket holders today and whatever his feelings or motives these days he was a lad on the terraces like many others up to working age

I accept your point, however he is still a turd like weasel who should be castrated with a rusty spoon, and no matter what his background or upbringing will change that. What do his relatives think of his unholy contribution to Rovers' demise?

I neither know nor particularly care & have more personal reason to dislike him than any of you lot on here but all Im saying is when people just mythologise and make stuff up about people it makes me wonder how much of the Kean/Anderson conspiracy theories is also just people's twisted misery about our club being a shambles coming out as wishful thinking

at the end of the day we are a very badly run football club with terrible owners who've dealt with avaricious agents, signed bobbbins players and paid everyone handsomely and appointed shocking managers, one of whom was let loose far far too long and we face financial ruin

but broken any rules/laws other than just let the wrong, wrong, wrong people steward our club?

Probably as much fantasy as imagining Agnew was a schoolboy PNE fan from Lostock Hall

that of course must remain their own business but your infantile metaphors and such just make you sound childish and as steeped in fantasy as many of the other posters

You may not believe all the conspiracy theories and to be honest neither do I, but do you support Agnews position in all of this?

Is he just a 'good bburn fan' trying to do good?

I thought I made it quite clear that I have no time or regard whatsoever for him or anyone else involved or employed by Venkys

I happen to think we're bust and pretty sure to be at best in Admin within weeks

Arguing whether the bloke remembers Jimmy Fryatt or not wont make much difference to that

You're right, but you've again avoided the question, and I don't want to be that poster that goes out of his way to be a pain in the arse meadows, but.........

Has Agnew done anything good at the club in his time in the power seat?

Simple question....

How short does an answer have to be for you to be able to read and absorb it?

Has anything good happened at he club in 3 years bar saving a few bob on chairs?

You've wrote war and piece on this page alone in defence of Agnew, so forgive me for being unable to absorb it......

Agnews a Kean and you defending him does you no favours.

I'm pretty certain there would have been a bigger reason for Agnew to take Bowyer over there, Wouldn't be surprised if he went over to discuss terms to a contract in principle and will be the manager next season as when/if we get relegated(again) I cant see them shelling out for a real manager whilst where in div1 And if we don't get relegated then Bowyer will rather pathetically be made out to be a saviour by Agnew(he will then have bowyer under his spell-kean#3)

The most visible decision made by PNE Paul has seen the caretaker manager off for a jolly for half the week instead of letting him prepare for two massive games, and he goes public on the fact that Bowyer 'agreed' and was 'comfortable'. It seems quite clear that there is a united front being shown in order to isolate Singh.

Whilst Singh leaving may solve the boardroom split, it's negated by the fact that Zippy and Geoffery would be calling the shots.

EXCLUSIVE: Footage from the Pune meeting this week has come to light too.

Paul and Derek talk formations with Bungl-aji and Madame George...

RainbowTV.jpg

You've wrote war and piece on this page alone in defence of Agnew, so forgive me for being unable to absorb it......

Agnews a Kean and you defending him does you no favours.

Are you really unable to grasp meadow's point? He was simply pointing out that Agnew was in fact not lying (for once) when he said he comes from a Rovers supporting family, and used to be on the terraces back in the day. Nothing else. He even specifically said "I can't defend anything he's done since coming working for Rovers". And yet you keep on aggressively looking for answers to a question he's already answered?

Oh and "war and peace"? None of his posts on the topic have been more than a couple of rather short paragraphs. I'm looking at my copy of War & Peace right now, and it's a fair bit thicker than that.

Archived