BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

Can't remember a specific article but i used to have to rely on the Eve Post in my younger days living a parents and i just remember hating him back then. He always came across as a PNE fan and it seemed he used to have a swipe at our support that's why i grew up remembering the name. I was amazed when i heard it again years later popping up at rovers in the mid 90's saying Blackburn born & bred and life long Rover and even then i thought hmmm..? Then it's forgoten about until he becomes Keans stooge and yet again he's there slating supporters and waging war on them behind the scenes. Now look were he is. Almost as worrying having 2 PNE stooges in office as it is having Venkys :(

Perhaps he was born somewhere in between the two towns and got bullied by Rovers fans at school and swore revenge.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not defending agnew at all , but it is possible to write/co-write articles on PNE and still be a Rovers fan ... Andy Cryer has wrote some fine things about Rovers whilst still being and not hiding the fact that he's a Bristol city fan.... Agnew's a cock but lets play fair

Having read all and sundry for the past 2 years something doesnt quite add up.

Yes we know Venkys have openly made mistakes HOWEVER I am wondering of their simple niaivity has been exploited by poisonous individuals who saw a very very quick way of making vasts amounts of money hoping that the Venkys would simply take it on the chin.

Its clear that they have been badly advised by someone but that SOMEONE has been the person they have relied heavily on, taking in his advice on everything football related whilst not really having a clue what is actually happening whilst the dollars have been transferred all over the place. A new toy, new mates, big big ideas, loads of money, the status of being a football club owner YET all the time not being fully aware of the pitfalls.

Money has been the ambition. Venkys have found them royally screwed becasue they believed they were being looked after by their advisor.

We all know how daftly insane their decision making processes have been but again, I wonder if its down to the advice they have received. Flashing money hasnt been a problem to them, its the clubs infighting and misfiring management team OFF the park that has had the mucky fingers in the cash pot. It strikes me as odd.

I am not defending the venkys in any way shape or form, they like us appear to have been KEANED over big time ande someone somehwere appears to have made a lot of cash.

I hope the truth surfaces before the club goes under.

• Moderation Lead

Bowyer trotting out the usual lines now, didnt expect anything else.

Yep, the official site is only going to toe the party line unfortunately!!

not defending agnew at all , but it is possible to write/co-write articles on PNE and still be a Rovers fan ... Andy Cryer has wrote some fine things about Rovers whilst still being and not hiding the fact that he's a Bristol city fan.... Agnew's a cock but lets play fair

Aye but when has he played fair ?

• Moderation Lead

Having read all and sundry for the past 2 years something doesnt quite add up.

Yes we know Venkys have openly made mistakes HOWEVER I am wondering of their simple niaivity has been exploited by poisonous individuals who saw a very very quick way of making vasts amounts of money hoping that the Venkys would simply take it on the chin.

Its clear that they have been badly advised by someone but that SOMEONE has been the person they have relied heavily on, taking in his advice on everything football related whilst not really having a clue what is actually happening whilst the dollars have been transferred all over the place. A new toy, new mates, big big ideas, loads of money, the status of being a football club owner YET all the time not being fully aware of the pitfalls.

Money has been the ambition. Venkys have found them royally screwed becasue they believed they were being looked after by their advisor.

We all know how daftly insane their decision making processes have been but again, I wonder if its down to the advice they have received. Flashing money hasnt been a problem to them, its the clubs infighting and misfiring management team OFF the park that has had the mucky fingers in the cash pot. It strikes me as odd.

I am not defending the venkys in any way shape or form, they like us appear to have been KEANED over big time ande someone somehwere appears to have made a lot of cash.

I hope the truth surfaces before the club goes under.

I think the bit in bold is just the tip of the iceberg to be truthful. Someone has made a lot of money from Rovers and it certainly isn't the club....

Gary Bowyer has returned to Brockhall after a fruitful trip to India.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/bowyers-boost-766621.aspx?

Is this just not a rehash of the same story when that @#/? kean returned after his first "official" trip there, they have just changed the name and picture. Aggers back in the office?

He who can't be named did the same at City didn't he, to the tune of 8 mill or something in a short space of time. He would say that's his job and it's business, you make what you can when you can i suppose. It's this stupid moral less industry that's at fault for allowing it.

Even on face value IE I went for footballing reasons implies some rather serious issues. If he went for footballing reasons IE job till end of season, does that not beg the question that SS and Shagnews words are not good enough for Bowyer? He thinks he really has to have it from the horses mouth. To me all that article says is our manager had to go see the owners in person as he doesn't trust the board. Obviously I'm not convinced the reasons given are true, but even this reads negatively.

Never quite got all the fawning 'madame' malarky

Seems strange to hold such an odious old hag in such esteem.

Rovers are run by a right bunch of arse kissing rimmers these days

+1000

She should be burnt at the stake and the fawning rimmers should be used as fuel.

He who can't be named did the same at City didn't he, to the tune of 8 mill or something in a short space of time. He would say that's his job and it's business, you make what you can when you can i suppose. It's this stupid moral less industry that's at fault for allowing it.

Problem is. He who cannot be named has got it all boxed off really, TV rights, Massive Media deals, Agency's and now even football club sales?

How one man can be allowed to operate in all those different aspects of football, beggars belief.

Even on face value IE I went for footballing reasons implies some rather serious issues. If he went for footballing reasons IE job till end of season, does that not beg the question that SS and Shagnews words are not good enough for Bowyer? He thinks he really has to have it from the horses mouth. To me all that article says is our manager had to go see the owners in person as he doesn't trust the board. Obviously I'm not convinced the reasons given are true, but even this reads negatively.

No interference in team selections and his old job back, whatever happens.

Bit dissapointed that the LET didn't grill Agnew more on the ludicrous decision to drag Bowyer with him to Pune. There's no excuse that the fool could have come up with that would have made it okay, but it would have been nice to hear that he'd squirmed a bit.

If he works in PR in east lancashire I would imagine he has a working relationship with many at the LET from writing puff pieces for the skeleton staff they have left and from buying advetising space, whch is about the only significant income they will have.

Strange that has he had by the time he wrote the book been a Rovers fan for 40 years, he didn't choose to write a biography about one of his own......just a thought

He's a snake. I remember hearing his voice on the radio pre saeason and thought how hollow his words sound and even now reading his 'interview' the words on the screen sound just as hollow. He's a lying thick prat.

Archived