BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

"That is way over the going rate, which would typically be around five per cent of a player's wages over the term of his contract.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2030832/Nick-Harris-Agent-paid-1-65m-deal-player-cost-400-000.html#ixzz2QEgT9S2h

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Did anyone stop to think that if we paid 600,000 for the Portuguese agents - if that's 5% of their total contracts (in some cases 3 years, nuno henrique?)

12 million on absolute dross?

Did you miss the bit where it said 'way over' 5%?

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Shebby is a fool. Shaw and Agnew are fools as well. Venky's are idiots. Everyone is stupid. Thick. Incompetent. Why is it that they are unable to see what is happening right in front of their very eyes?

Oh, but of course they can. No one is this stupid. For all the sound bites, the platitudes, We Care A Lot, its all positive, were all pulling together, the owners are right behind us

The fact of the matter is they have taken an estimated 45m pound business and sold off all its assets, while at the same time replacing the assets with inferior rubbish - and they have had to pay Agents fees in order to do this. Those pesky Agents fees. Of course everyone takes a cut though dont they? No such thing as a free lunch is there?

I fail to see what more they could have done to get us relegated this season. It still might not happen but you surely see my point.

Five managers averaging what? 9 games each?

Resting your best midfielder and striker for a key game at Cardiff?

Flying the caretaker manager to India in the build up to two crucial home games for (still) reasons unknown (to meet Desai? Im sure Derby are panicking now Garys met her aren't they Agnew)?

Buying rubbish players that added to an already bloated squad?

Providing long term contracts to has-beens who have offered nothing this season?

Removing nigh on all coaching staff (staff that they employed only 3 months previously)?

Wheres Givet?

Where is Martin Olsson?

Where was Dunn for a large part of the season?

You know the sketch, we could all go on.

All this and theyre trying ever so hard. I mean only a few weeks ago Barry Rao said we could make the play-offs. What are the odds on us going up now??! Probably something similar to what they were on us going down at the start of the season funnily enough.

The club is utterly ruined. Broken beyond repair I would suggest and still they show no signs of letting go. Its a rotting carcass, they have had their full but now want to pick the bones clean. Watch out for the impending fire sale, conveniently, as already mentioned, substantiated by the FFP rules. Then theres another parachute payment of 16million in the offing as well.

Then, maybe then, when there really is nothing left, they will sell. Or should that read walk away leaving a

mountain of debt and no football club.

One of the best posts ever well said Bob

Yes, Shebby is a fool. Shaw and Agnew are fools as well. Venky's are idiots. Everyone is stupid. Thick. Incompetent. Why is it that they are unable to see what is happening right in front of their very eyes?

Oh, but of course they can. No one is this stupid. For all the sound bites, the platitudes, “We Care A Lot”, it’s all positive, we’re all pulling together, “the owners are right behind us”…

The fact of the matter is they have taken an estimated 45m pound business and sold off all its assets, while at the same time replacing the assets with inferior rubbish - and they have had to pay Agents fees in order to do this. Those pesky Agents fees. Of course everyone takes a cut though don’t they? No such thing as a free lunch is there?

I fail to see what more they could have done to get us relegated this season. It still might not happen but you surely see my point.

Flying the caretaker manager to India in the build up to two crucial home games for (still) reasons unknown (to meet Desai? I’m sure Derby are panicking now Gary’s met her aren't they Agnew)?

Providing long term contracts to has-beens who have offered nothing this season?

Removing nigh on all coaching staff (staff that they employed only 3 months previously)?

Where’s Givet?

Where is Martin Olsson?

All this and they’re trying ever so hard. I mean only a few weeks ago Barry Rao said we could make the play-offs. What are the odds on us going up now??! Probably something similar to what they were on us going down at the start of the season funnily enough.

The club is utterly ruined. Broken beyond repair I would suggest and still they show no signs of letting go. It’s a rotting carcass, they have had their full but now want to pick the bones clean. Watch out for the impending fire sale, conveniently, as already mentioned, substantiated by the FFP rules. Then there’s another parachute payment of 16million in the offing as well.

Then, maybe then, when there really is nothing left, they will sell. Or should that read ‘walk away’ leaving a mountain of debt and no football club.

This - with effin' bells on

Oh, but of course they can. No one is this stupid. For all the sound bites, the platitudes, “We Care A Lot”, it’s all positive, we’re all pulling together, “the owners are right behind us”…

The fact of the matter is they have taken an estimated 45m pound business and sold off all its assets, while at the same time replacing the assets with inferior rubbish - and they have had to pay Agents fees in order to do this. Those pesky Agents fees. Of course everyone takes a cut though don’t they? No such thing as a free lunch is there?

Flying the caretaker manager to India in the build up to two crucial home games for (still) reasons unknown (to meet Desai? I’m sure Derby are panicking now Gary’s met her aren't they Agnew)?

Where’s Givet?

Where is Martin Olsson?

All this and they’re trying ever so hard. I mean only a few weeks ago Barry Rao said we could make the play-offs. What are the odds on us going up now??! Probably something similar to what they were on us going down at the start of the season funnily enough.

The club is utterly ruined. Broken beyond repair I would suggest and still they show no signs of letting go. It’s a rotting carcass, they have had their full but now want to pick the bones clean. Watch out for the impending fire sale, conveniently, as already mentioned, substantiated by the FFP rules. Then there’s another parachute payment of 16million in the offing as well.

Then, maybe then, when there really is nothing left, they will sell. Or should that read ‘walk away’ leaving a mountain of debt and no football club.

Though this is terribly depressing I think you are absolutely spot on Bob.

Bowyer in charge permanently?

No experience of being a manager. No experience of getting teams promoted from the Championship.

WILL THEY EVER LEARN

It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

Shaw/Agnew are NOT fit to run a football club if they are seriously suggesting Bowyer stays on, after the Appleton disaster.

Bowyer in charge permanently?

No experience of being a manager. No experience of getting teams promoted from the Championship.

WILL THEY EVER LEARN

It's like banging your head against a brick wall.

Shaw/Agnew are NOT fit to run a football club if they are seriously suggesting Bowyer stays on, after the Appleton disaster.

Think its the Rovers fans who need to learn that this is purely a making money exercise with scant regard for the future of the club.

Paul Agnew: 'Rovers can still move forward'

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10351742._/?

This pillock didn't give one clear answer to any question but the thing that strikes a chord is what both he and Bowyer have said about the next few weeks/games, obviously there's going to be dramatic changes if we don't stay up, obvious I know but true.

So they stated the £500k paid in the press release because they thought that supporters were thinking that they hadn't paid anything to Berg?

We are not stupid, we understand that it's the disputed £1.5m that rovers haven't paid!

Idiot.

Sounds like a politician, dodged any question that he didn't want to answer... A few responses really keaned me off (below). In my opinion he is a despicable man.

What is the mood of the owners at the moment?

I’ve found them very level and very consistent, and I think it’s important that people know that.

I’m one of the few people who in their time has been involved in one capacity or another over two-and-a-half years. The messages are constant, I don’t get the impression of anything other than they want to make this a success.

Paul, Mood = Happy, Sad, Angry etc. Consistent and Level are not moods.

Do you think the owners take more responsibility about the situation the club are in now, compared to when they took over?

Nobody wants to start pointing fingers and apportioning blame. Over a period of time there was always going to be need for changes.

Dodged the question. Its a simple yes or no. What changes is he referring to? Players? Managers? Board of Directors? Owners?

Have they mentioned any possibility of being interested in selling the club?

I think the purpose of wanting to call the meeting was saying we need to make sure everybody knows we accept we’re in an absolute fight here and that Gary Bowyer and anyone who is working with him, and the people he’s going to ask to play on Saturday and in future games, know they’ve got their support.

Again, simple yes or no question dodged. Chris didn't ask why was the meeting called nor did he ask about the relegation fight.

Could the club cope financially if it went into League One?

We just need to concentrate on the six games, that’s hypothetical

No, its not hypothetical is a real possibility. Are the club sticking their head in the sand and pretending that things are going to be fine again?

Why do you think has the club taken the direction it has in the last couple of years?

Like everybody else who has been involved in a club, I’ve seen it a number of times, when on the face of it things are very good, a really bad decision has been made but things have been strong enough to get away with it.

Strong enough to get away with what? What has gone on and what have you seen a number of times? Was this when you were PR or in your current role?

Do you have faith that Gary Bowyer will keep the club in the Championship?

The Tony Parkes factor springs to mind, a steady pair of hands in a caretaker capacity, someone who knows the players. Gary’s a good honest football man, and he needs 110 per cent support

So is that a no then? Is that why you took him to india? It doesn't sound like you actually support him based on that statement alone.

Talks about the last 2 and a half years as if it was a settling-in period when inevitably some mistakes were made!

It was a friggin disaster, the worst time of my life where a healthy club was dismantled in a series of woeful decisions which anyone with half a brain could see would weaken the Club to an enormous degree. When Kean continued to guarantee we would not be relegated why wasn't this big fan since childhood saying to the owners "I think we will be unless things change"?

He also throws in that the solicitor's opinion is being sought re Singh's use of the word "irregularities". I'd deduce from that that he and maybe another are looking to sue Singh.

What a happy, united bunch they are. How badly we have been let down.

• Backroom

Woeful stuff from him, makes you wonder has he offered to take the focus off the owners and onto him for a while

This answer makes no sense

Could the club cope financially if it went into League One?

We just need to concentrate on the six games, thats hypothetical

So we just need to focus on the next 6 games but you saw fit to take the manager away from the players for 3 days before the biggest game of the season so far?

Where’s Givet?

Where is Martin Olsson?

Excellent post Bob.

Will the owners be here for a game before the end of the season?

I don’t know, but they see every game and they are passionately

interested in Blackburn Rovers, I don’t have any doubts about that.

There’s nothing else in the town that gets anywhere close to the interest in the football club and we can’t abuse that.

Man alive, just reading his words makes me want to punch something.

Like others have said, that's a very patronising interview. Answer the bloody questions Agnew. They are questions that go to the bottom of what's happening here and he answers them like he's doing an article for 5 year olds in shoot magazine.

All he will achieve with articles like that, is cause more disaffection than there currently is.

I’ve always been the first person to say that if I’ve got something

wrong I’ll hold my hands up. If I haven’t, I’ll defend myself to the

hilt and anybody that works here.

When has he ever actually done this?

The Agnew Q & A is staggering.

IMO, only confirms what clowns we have running what is now a circus..

I think Singh and Shagnew are a disgrace to the likes of Bancroft, Keighley, Brown, Fox & Williams (the exclusion of Coar is deliberate) - these guys weren't perfect but they had the best interests of Rovers at heart.

The Agnew Q & A is staggering.

IMO, only confirms what clowns we have running what is now a circus..

I think Singh and Shagnew are a disgrace to the likes of Bancroft, Keighley, Brown, Fox & Williams (the exclusion of Coar is deliberate) - these guys weren't perfect but they had the best interests of Rovers at heart.

Don't worry according to you they will be gone for next season but won't back your statement up .

"Do you think the owners take more responsibility about the situation the club are in now, compared to when they took over?

Nobody wants to start pointing fingers and apportioning blame. Over a period of time there was always going to be need for changes."

--------

So that's a "no" then? F*** you Venky's.

I found a few bits of what Agnew said quite telling:

"We talked about all sorts of things, some that are commercially sensitive, some that are confidential, some that will only be apparent as and when we know our status and where we’re going to be"

Have they mentioned any possibility of being interested in selling the club?

I think the purpose of wanting to call the meeting was saying we need to make sure everybody knows we accept we’re in an absolute fight here and that Gary Bowyer and anyone who is working with him, and the people he’s going to ask to play on Saturday and in future games, know they’ve got their support.

Archived