BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LET article above makes me think that Bowyer is going to be appointed as manager.

That is my feeling at the moment, too. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for the caretaker manager (in charge for just a few games) to fly out to Pune to say hello and be offered support. I suspect the whole trip has been about how to get through to the summer, appointment of Bowyer as the cheap and cheerful option, and negotiation of the release/sale of virtually the whole squad.

Any hopes of this week's meetings being any step towards Venkys, or their stooges, exiting are just wishful thinking, imo. It's only gonna get worse, fellow Rover fans. Let's hope the stuff Glen is telling us will hit the media actually does and actually is explosive. I don't think there is anything left but to nuke the club and start again.

Just re read the Agnew article and got a very strange feeling of Deja Vu, wind the supporters up, perhaps attract a bit unwanted attention from the supporters , employ the united nations as security, then exit stage left after being "forced to resign" with your credibility and dignity seemingly intact?

Can Agnew smell a s*** storm heading his way?

Certainly worked for Agnew's associate and he would be knowledgeable as would his string puller on how to orchestrate it , new declaration of war on supporters coming?

Certainly worked for Agnew's associate and he would be knowledgeable as would his string puller on how to orchestrate it , new declaration of war on supporters coming?

Could be. It's due. Can't be the fault of the people who are "running" the club all this now all can it? It's the bloody fans fault isn't it? How's about a minutes silence for someone who strongly divides opinion? Not as though people need winding up anyway is it? "They couldn't even carry out a minutes silence could they - I despair of that lot - they deserve relegation". Nah - too obvious that, better scrap that. I'm sure they'll think of something though.

If you look at other clubs forums it looks like the penny is dropping about the dodgy deals at Ewood. You still get the odd thicko rambling on about ' Kean was doing ok' but alot are asking questions about the money thats leaving the club.

Money always leaves a trail, its just how hard do you look to find it. We will get F£££ A££ help tracing it though.

What's it called out of interest? "Tom Finney - My Life in Footiball"

Tom Finney

A football legend- written by a leach

If you notice Agnew only reared his head recently around the time it looked like we might have an FA cup semi final and a trip to Wembley. All season people have been asking where is our comms director? Just what does he do? Silence, then a sniff of glory and he pops up on the back page of the paper telling everyone he's a life long Rover (yeah right) and dig deep for the match v Millwall. Now this when he's blatanly trying to distance himself from the crap going on and playing the 'im just an employee and fan doing my job' card. Nothing but an opportunist PNE Twohat !

If you notice Agnew only reared his head recently around the time it looked like we might have an FA cup semi final and a trip to Wembley. All season people have been asking where is our comms director? Just what does he do? Silence, then a sniff of glory and he pops up on the back page of the paper telling everyone he's a life long Rover (yeah right) and dig deep for the match v Millwall. Now this when he's blatanly trying to distance himself from the crap going on and playing the 'im just an employee and fan doing my job' card. Nothing but an opportunist PNE Twohat !

+100

All aboard the gravy train

Strange that has he had by the time he wrote the book been a Rovers fan for 40 years, he didn't choose to write a biography about one of his own......just a thought

He was busy printing 'Ribble Valley Shelving' on nobber shirts.

:lol::lol: How very strange. What next? a photo of the PNE tattoo that covers his entire back?

We just need to dig those articles out from the LEP that people keep referencing where "Rovers man Paul" slags Rovers fans off . Don't they keep all old copies of papers in the town library?

:lol::lol: How very strange. What next? a photo of the PNE tattoo that covers his entire back?

We just need to dig those articles out from the LEP that people keep referencing where "Rovers man Paul" slags Rovers fans off . Don't they keep all old copies of papers in the town library?

There must be someone on a PNE forum who has an old article or something they can scan in

Jeez, the man is a true blue! Or a bender of the truth....you takes your pick!

So he was putting this rag together while Rovers were gaining promotion to the Premiership and PNE were stuck in the 3rd division.

Tony Ellis or Alan Shearer? its a tough one.

Some good posts by whappen in that Agnew LET article. Basically debunking all the conspiracy theories and arguing that our demise is purely down to the owner's incompetence - as with any other business that goes tits up. That's why any campaign against individuals is meaningless and we should avoid the temptation to get caught up in the boardroom infighting. Our fate is in Venky's hands, and since they couldn't find their ass with either of them, we need to force a sale of the club through whatever legal means necessary. What's the alternative?

Just seen this on the LT too

5 mins of googling Aggers

Seems he spent 7 years at the LEP reporting on PNE, wrote two books and helped write one other, all about PNE. ;)

He then worked for PNE from 1991.

Must of been hard Paul, reporting, writing and working for PNE, when you were a Rovers fan??

There must be someone on a PNE forum who has an old article or something they can scan in

Look at this as well. http://www.lep.co.uk/news/preston-north-end-the-brian-ellis-years-part-one-1-162664

10th paragraph down. "The journey began for me on May 11, 1991, my debut game was also the last of the season, a 2-1 win over neighbours Wigan Athletic at Deepdale in the old Third Division. Predecessor Paul Agnew had just made a shock switch from poacher to gamekeeper, joining the club after seven years of reporting on it."

50 years a Rovers fan. With just 7 years reporting about PNE - then he worked for them and wrote a couple of books about them.

Just seen this on the LT too

5 mins of googling Aggers

Seems he spent 7 years at the LEP reporting on PNE, wrote two books and helped write one other, all about PNE. ;)

He then worked for PNE from 1991.

Must of been hard Paul, reporting, writing and working for PNE, when you were a Rovers fan??

If rather have a thatcher and desai threesome than work for nobend!!

Can't remember a specific article but i used to have to rely on the Eve Post in my younger days living a parents and i just remember hating him back then. He always came across as a PNE fan and it seemed he used to have a swipe at our support that's why i grew up remembering the name. I was amazed when i heard it again years later popping up at rovers in the mid 90's saying Blackburn born & bred and life long Rover and even then i thought hmmm..? Then it's forgoten about until he becomes Keans stooge and yet again he's there slating supporters and waging war on them behind the scenes. Now look were he is. Almost as worrying having 2 PNE stooges in office as it is having Venkys :(

Strange that has he had by the time he wrote the book been a Rovers fan for 40 years, he didn't choose to write a biography about one of his own......just a thought

Before Agnew managed to weasel his way into a seat of power at Ewood the club was run by well respected, educated, football people that probably saw through his dodgy sun tan and bad spelling on his company website and would have him nowhere near a biography about one of 'his own'

Agnew is a Rovers fan of convenience. The fact that he has had the audacity to state he has been a long standing 'fan' of 50 years is an absolute insult to the many of us that truly have been fans over many, many decades.

Would any of us have stood quietly by and watched, or been party to, the destruction of our club over the past 30 months?

Would any of us have sought significant personal financial benefit to the absolute detriment of Our Club?

Would we @#/?!

Was he on the pitch in 75 when we won promotion? Does he remember Jim Fryatt, Bryan Conlon, Omara (the true greats ;-)) ? Can anyone state publicly that he or she sat or stood with him for any of 50 years?

I sympathised with him over the Kean affair on the basis that it should be a Director's duty to publicly support a subordinate manager whilst in current employment.

Before the pelters start, I despise everything Kean stood for along with his cohorts but at the time understood Agnew's stance.

The latest affair, the press announcements and statements and the dragging of the current team manager half way around the world to establish bugger all during arguably the most important 10 days in the Club's 138 year history is disgraceful to put it mildly.

The wish list must surely be:

1. Singh never returns

2. Agnew has the dignity to resign or is sacked

3. 6 points gained against Derby and Huddersfield

4. Rao's either sell up or appoint a functional, empowered, financed and knowledgeable board of Directors, ideally with Blackburn connections

5. Any poisoness, corrupt, unscrupulous money grabbing @#/?s that have raped The Club are exposed and brought to justice.

Archived