BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that is what I call black humour!

:) , C'mon Stuart you know I was not Agnew's biggest fan but that rousing interview , from the heart and about something he cares about deeply(and I mean Rovers and not power and money), could have been orated by he who can not be named himself another of the good guys who have the best interest of the club at heart. Hope Aggers gets the chance to tell the world on one of those sky sports fictional drama's they do occasionally

I now know why happyforeverprozac was so optimistic about the future

Don't know about a minutes silence for Thtacher how about a minutes applause for Aggers and his name chanted throughout the game ?

One problem is that 80% of Rovers the fans on the ground at Ewood have no idea who Paul Agnew is. However a lot of them will know of Shebby because of his tendency to embarrass himself on National TV and radio. If shouts of "Agnew Out" were heard they would just be perplexed.

When I call in at my parents tonight they will have read the LT article and think that Agnew is one of the good guys trying to pull Rovers through this grim period against the antics of the owners and that 'joke man' that keeps going on TV.

Its a very good point Hasta, absolutely spot on.

The best way to judge Mr Agnew aside from the current rumours and conjecture, is the fact he never got anywhere near a decent position at the club under both Coar and Williams, that in itself says much about the man, keaning useless in my opinion.

Indeed, funny how he doesn't mention that when he was the Sports Editor of the Lancashire Evening Post he used to slag us mercilessly.

I remember reading the article in the LEP by Agnew about how ' Rovers fans dont love their club' and how PNE fans are more passionate towards their club'.

He is 100% a nobber.

Can you narrow it down a little?*

*boom boom. Only joking. I don't think he usually attends. After all would you believe a word he says?

You shouldn't have said you were joking, your post was brilliant as it was!

Complete and utter stupidity on a scale not seen before in football.The club is a complete laughing stock as its dirty linen is washed in public.

This is worse than we could have ever imagined possible,not sure if we can EVER recover as a club from the damage that had been inflicted upon us these last horrible two years.

'Effin sick of it all.

lets see what Bowyer says in his press conference about his meeting with the owners???

It'll be usual tripe Chaddy, owners want the best for the club, they're right behind us.....ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

lets see what Bowyer says in his press conference about his meeting with the owners???

he's never going to say anything negative in public.

Most important matches in our recent history and the man calling the shots and making the demands is off on a jolly. Managers have much greater influence over players and should be there to ensure its all as needed, demanding it if needed. Coaches are generally more friendly with staff and lack the keymotivator 'I choose the team'. Not flying half way round the world gathering jet-lag, when he should be there setting the tone and demands for the week. instead we've started the race without the leader.

But no it's all alright as Aggers says he should meet them face to face, if aggers suggested a face to face to me he'd get one Glaswegian stylely.

If we don't win on Saturday we're royally screwed but hey ho he stole my toy so I've told mummy on you!!! And that's more important than anything.

Hopefully Glen's information about the latest expose will prompt the Indians to admit defeat and sell up. I really feel that the end is nigh but where will we left as a football club. If this happens it is imperative that we are still a Championship club and we could hopefully kick on from there. All the fans really need to stick together now and do as much as we can to help make this happen. The next two games are huge, possibly the biggest back to back games we have had in our recent history. It's not about how much players are earning, their ego's, or anything else. The very nature of football means that some of these will move on anyway. It really is about Blackburn Rovers staying in the Championship.

So it's simple really, let's all try and do our bit, stay positive and do what we can to ensure we stay in the Championship.

And a big thanks to Glen and everyone who has given time and effort to the cause. Let's hope that it has been worthwhile.

And the fans will sit on their arses and stay silent all game unless we are winning. The get behind them has been done to death and the players don't respond to the fans getting behind them . They don't give a flying monkeys . They are happy just counting the wonga and planning where to go next season. Wrong I know and hear you loud n clear but the fans are beat and the Rovers Fans are just happy escaping the wife for a few hours.

I still can't get my head around Agnew saying that its ok that Venkys are destroying the club because they are putting money in.

No football club's fans would swap their owners for Venkys, however poor there were.

Agnew's excuses for them just show how much of a slimeball and morally adject person he is.

Jack Walker was Rovers greatest fan.

Agnew is Rovers worst "fan"

He stood on the terraces .. My f arse , maybe at dumpdale. What an arrogant pompous turd . He is up there on my hate list with Cameron and thatcher . I would love to meet him and give some of my mind.

When you employ idiots and listen to cowboy agents the money doesn't go very far.

exactly! and they all want a piece of the pie. Once you think along the line of, since November 2010 decisions have been made for the benefit of others rather than in the best interests of the club things are clearer.

What do you propose? Agnew out chants & placards? Getting involved in board-room politics like certain fans? Killing one cockroach won't save this club. We need the whole lot of them exterminated, and that means getting rid of Venky's, as plenty more will spawn so long as they're around.

Agnew out wont happen , it took relegation v Wigan for the ground to shout that. Venkys out results in being told to F off . Shout Agnew out and the Rovers Fans will say who!!

"Stay calm", "the owners are committed", "I'm a fan just like you", "Bowyer is the man to lead us".

More words from the great orators that brought you ''Champions League football in 5 years" and "We deserve to win a cup this year"

Talk is cheap.

Another week where the fans are left in the dark, the dirty laundry has been washed in public and another opportunity to build ourselves up for a massive fall.

Lose on Saturday and this week will be remembered for years to come.

It's not laundry tho pal , it's more like hanging a dirty kit out to dry because you don't how to work the hot point.

So Agnews been a supporter for 50yrs, stood on the terraces blah blah blah, so the question must be asked:

WHY ARE YOU HELPING DESTROY THE CLUB THEN YOU KEANING IDIOT!

You should resign now, you're an instrumental part of destroying this once proud football club Paul Agnew. From you're backing of that proven liar Steve Kean, to the turmoil in the boardroom youve done nothing to help improve the situation and should RESIGN now if you had any personal pride whatsoever.

I wont hold my breath though becuase its all about the money with people like you, all in my opinion of course :angry2:

I'm actually shaking reading it pal . What an tosspot .

He won't be allowed to say anything .

Gav. Stuart. Some people STILL think there is nothing wrong and refuse to accept it's anything other than media mischief and fan hysteria!

Hard to fathom

Glad to see there are so many cracking posts on the LT comments section today, ripping into Agnew !

Could be Agnew out ! Sack the Board ! on Saturday, its time that lying toad had some pressure.

Anyone read Agnew's book on Tom Finney?

No although he was an all time great apparentley, I have little inerest in other teams former players. No if was a Noel Brotherston, Brian Doulglas, Roonie Clayton, Shearer, Tugay, book, I would be tempted.

Strange how Lifelng Rovers fan wrote a book about a PNE player???

Archived