BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the bit that says to me, that our owners are clearly out of sync with matters at the club, or are just plain stupid, or Agnew is once again bigging himself up

Asked if he had been given reassurances about his own future, he said: “I’ve never had reason to suspect anything else.

“If you’re employed, your future lies with the owners.

“If they decide they like you and you’re doing a good job, you stay. If they don’t think you’re doing a good job, they move you on.

In other words, at the moment they like the job Shagnew are doing, and that is to get us relegated. Notice how he says IF THEY LIKE YOU, YOU STAY. After that, he says, IF THEY DONT THINK YOU'RE DOING A GOOD JOB, THEY MOVE YOU ON. No mention of, IF THEY DONT LIKE YOU.

They did like Kean if i remember correctly, makes sense now

Agnew confirming that he dragged Bowyer to Pune tells us all we need to know for now. Agnew needs to be number 1 out of the door. Dragging Bowyer away from duty when we have the two biggest matches in recent history over the coming few days. He MUST want us to go down. Focus from the fans should be on getting this moron out. He's had it on easy street.

What do you propose? Agnew out chants & placards? Getting involved in board-room politics like certain fans? Killing one cockroach won't save this club. We need the whole lot of them exterminated, and that means getting rid of Venky's, as plenty more will spawn so long as they're around.

"Stay calm", "the owners are committed", "I'm a fan just like you", "Bowyer is the man to lead us".

More words from the great orators that brought you ''Champions League football in 5 years" and "We deserve to win a cup this year"

Talk is cheap.

Another week where the fans are left in the dark, the dirty laundry has been washed in public and another opportunity to build ourselves up for a massive fall.

Lose on Saturday and this week will be remembered for years to come.

Colin Murray: Blackburn Rovers boss Gary Bowyer will suffer after Indian takeaway

Here’s a revolutionary idea for Venkys… one word. SKYPE! For crying out ****ing loud! Seeing your manager in the flesh about ANYTHING is not as important as two games that will either see the club cling onto their Championship status or continue to drop like a stone, and this time it’s into a division that’s devilishly hard to escape, as the current League One table proves.

The motto of Rovers is Arte et Labore, which translates as ‘By Skill and Hard Work’, with the owners showing little of the former, and the manager being hamstrung when it comes to being allowed to do the latter.

Nothing that happens at Ewood Park under these current owners surprises any more, but it’s important to keep highlighting it, as a once highly respected club is becoming a punch line.

Just so by the way

From the LT article

Agnew says "“He was comfortable with that , that was the key. If he’d expressed any concern about that we wouldn’t have done it and the owners wouldn’t have insisted on it either.”

No quotes from this article, but wouldnt surprise me at all

Blackburn caretaker-manager Gary Bowyer is understood to be surprised he was summoned to India by the club's owners, Venky's, at a time when Rovers have to concentrate on avoiding a second successive relegation.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1405977/blackburn-boss-gary-bowyer-perplexed-by-india-summoning?cc=3888

notice also this

I instigated our meeting because I thought it was appropriate that if Gary was going to be involved in preparing the team, it was only right and proper he should meet the owners, not a telephone conversation but a face to face meeting.

We put the suggestion to Mrs Desai and she agreed that it was a good idea for us to go together.

then "and the owners wouldn’t have insisted on it either.”

now, if he didnt suggest it to the owners, then they wouldnt have insisted that GB join them in India, meaning that Bowyer would have had the whole week to prepare. Can you blame Venkys for insisting, when its Agnew who has instigated this thing?

“We’ve got ongoing committed support from the owners. I know places where everything else is okay but what they would give for owners who are financially committed to the club. We’ve got that.”

What a silly statment.

So rather than mid-table in the Premiership and balancing the books under the old owners he'd rather have a one way ticket to league 2 with some lying shysters that may or may not provide future funds to rectify the gargantuan mess they have created.

Bonkers

What a silly statment.

So rather than mid-table in the Premiership and balancing the books under the old owners he'd rather have a one way ticket to league 2 with some lying shysters that may or may not provide future funds to rectify the gargantuan mess they have created.

Bonkers

The highlighted quote just shows what a dick this guy is and why he was not very highly regarded by many members of the press during his press officer etc days. Coming out with something like that is keaning priceless it really is. Only reason he's liked by them if he is would be because he's an arse licker. So it's ok to smash the club to bits and line others pockets because they are prepared to allow it to be funded, oh thats ok then you cretin !

I'm absolutely raging after reading that interview. Brings back memories of that Sky interview with He Who Shall Not Be Named. Talk about selfserving idiot! Too bad Cryer is no longer at LET as I feel he would've demanded some more coherent answers as to why Bowyer was called away. Only thing I can think of is that this trip will be used as an excuse when we lose to Derby. Homer Simpson would do a better job than this numpty.

I really hope what Glen is promising comes true this weekend, but I won't get my hopes up (again). This lot seems devoid of normal human attributes and relegation now seems absolutely inevitable.

AGNEW OUT! SHAW OUT! SINGH OUT! VENKYS DEAD!

Edit: Oh...and what do you guys going think about the possibility of 1 minute silence for Thatcher? If I was going I would've brought a poster with "RIP Kelbo" to hold up....

So Agnews been a supporter for 50yrs, stood on the terraces blah blah blah, so the question must be asked:

WHY ARE YOU HELPING DESTROY THE CLUB THEN YOU KEANING IDIOT!

You should resign now, you're an instrumental part of destroying this once proud football club Paul Agnew. From you're backing of that proven liar Steve Kean, to the turmoil in the boardroom you’ve done nothing to help improve the situation and should RESIGN now if you had any personal pride whatsoever.

I won’t hold my breath though becuase its all about the money with people like you, all in my opinion of course :angry2:

“We weren’t summoned and I’d like to make that clear,” he said.

“I instigated our meeting because I thought it was appropriate that if Gary was going to be involved in preparing the team, it was only right and proper he should meet the owners, not a telephone conversation but a face to face meeting.

“We put the suggestion to Mrs Desai and she agreed that it was a good idea for us to go together.

“Although they have met Gary in passing in trips to the ground, this was an opportunity to sit down with him and say we know the situation we’re in, you’ve held this position earlier in the season and things went well so here’s all the best.

“Gary has taken on a difficult job at a precarious time and it’s important we’re seen to be absolutely 110 per cent behind him. That was one reason for the trip, to make it clear he had that support.

“We’d never do anything that would harm the team. I was confident once Gary said he felt that was the right thing to do, he’d already organised training around it and he was back in time for training today.

“He was comfortable with that, that was the key. If he’d expressed any concern about that we wouldn’t have done it and the owners wouldn’t have insisted on it either.”

All I'm hearing there is BS bingo. "Opportunity", "Appropriate".

So Paul Agnew decided that the best thing for the team, this week - instead of preparing for the two biggest games in our recent history - for him to take a trip to India to hear that the owners support him???????? And this was okay because Gary was "comfortable" and Gary "felt it was the right thing to do"??????? So if we don't get the results it'll be Gary's fault??????

I'm so angry right now at Agnew's "appeal for calm". In doing his best to show he is no stooge, he has taken the heat from Venkys and onto himself. I seem to remember a certain ex-manager used to do that regularly.

I know I shouldn't be but I'm absolutely astonished at the decision making from this man. GET THIS FOOL OUT OF OUR CLUB!!!!!!

We are the most dysfunctional club in the Football League. The "board" is not fit for purpose. SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!

So Agnews been a supporter for 50yrs, stood on the terraces blah blah blah, so the question must be asked:

WHY ARE YOU HELPING DESTROY THE CLUB THEN YOU KEANING IDIOT!

You should resign now, you're an instrumental part of destroy this once proud football club Paul Agnew. From you're backing of that proven liar Steve Kean, to the turmoil in the boardroom you’ve done nothing to help improve the situation and should RESIGN now if you had any personal pride whatsoever.

I won’t hold my breath though becuase its all about the money with people like you, all in my opinion of course :angry2:

Well said Gav. If he had an ounce of self dignity and cared for Rovers he would resign.

I feel sorry for Bowyer, he's being used as an excuse for Shaw/Agnew to go over to India and try to suck up to Mrs Desai.

He's basically saying that the reason for the trip is for Bowyer to meet the owners.

So its nothing to do with the Berg contract or the fallout with Singh or the Appleton sacking.

Bowyer must feel like he's stuck in the middle between two sides both as dimwitted as the other.

One problem is that 80% of Rovers the fans on the ground at Ewood have no idea who Paul Agnew is. However a lot of them will know of Shebby because of his tendency to embarrass himself on National TV and radio. If shouts of "Agnew Out" were heard they would just be perplexed.

When I call in at my parents tonight they will have read the LT article and think that Agnew is one of the good guys trying to pull Rovers through this grim period against the antics of the owners and that 'joke man' that keeps going on TV.

A very good interview from Mr Agnew, full of confidence that he is protected by friends in dark places, nice to see him mention he is a fan , that's reassuring because I don't think I've heard him mention that before and reassures me that with him running the show the futures bright and there's now no third party interest in the club.

Gav. Stuart. Some people STILL think there is nothing wrong and refuse to accept it's anything other than media mischief and fan hysteria!

Hard to fathom

Not media mischief when you hear it from the horse's mouth.

Give someone enough rope and they'll make a statement like that.

He's shot himself in the foot yet cleverly sloped shoulders onto Gary Bowyer. If I was Gary, I'd be furious that he has made those comments in public.

At least this is one story that can't be put down to Singh spin.

A very good interview from Mr Agnew, full of confidence that he is protected by friends in dark places, nice to see him mention he is a fan , that's reassuring because I don't think I've heard him mention that before and reassures me that with him running the show the futures bright and there's now no third party interest in the club.

Indeed, funny how he doesn't mention that when he was the Sports Editor of the Lancashire Evening Post he used to slag us mercilessly.

Now that is what I call black humour!

I echo many of the above sentiments. The man is a complete tool. Why, when GB has publically stated he doesn't want the manager's job full time, and is likely to be sent back to the reserves come what may, does he need an audience with the Loons? Did Mrs Loon not ask him why we are in the proverbial sh*t? Did it not occur to her that through sheer greed, incompetance and mismanagement their baby is about to washed into Div 1, and that he has presided over it at board level ?

Again, it beggers belief.

These idiots should be nowhere near our club.......btw will anyone own up to having stood next to the Shadow? I spent many a Saturday afternoon on the BE, and I never remember rubbing shoulders with him!

Archived