BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shaw, Agnew and Bowyer summoned to India

If Agnew was /is a rovers supporter, stood on the hallowed terraces as a lad, comes from a family of season-ticket holders etc etc, his activities against his own supporters are even more inexplicable.

Meadows forgot to mention when agnew was growing up around brownhil he was considered a bit of a @#/? by his peers

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the Mirror (a clown at work buys it) and it's just an unnattributed side column space filling fluff piece about how Bowyer has been given assurances he's in charge for the rest of the season and Nixon's opinion that he will get the gig if we drop into league one. Hardly earth shattering stuff again

I still cant believe that people are still being positive about the whole scenario certain posters back Shabby possibly for their own agenda , some still back Venkys to turn things right , some back Gary Bowyer a coach at best , some say back the players...the same players who couldn't give a flying F*** ....

FFS this club will only start to be positive again when Venkys , Shagnew , sHebby ,the over paid journeymen , etc have all left

Just seen the Mirror (a clown at work buys it) and it's just an unnattributed side column space filling fluff piece about how Bowyer has been given assurances he's in charge for the rest of the season and Nixon's opinion that he will get the gig if we drop into league one. Hardly earth shattering stuff again

Incredible if true. A caretaker manager incentivised to relegate us! :wacko:

it does look like Karen Silk has put her notice in to leave Rovers.

shame as she was a excellent Finance Director.

Source, other than a Nixon tweet?

The rumour has been knocking about all week. I have no idea if it's true. My only comment would be if I was a qualified accountant and finance director I would expect to fully understand the club's position.

If I had the slightest sniff of irregularity I would first make sure I had acted absolutely in accordance with the law and secondly get out ASAP making sure I could prove my legal compliance.

It would be the only way to protect a reputation and career. I'm surprised Silk has stayed this long. It's about the only suggestion Rovers haven't broken any serious laws / rules.

Is the bigger story not that Shebby has been sidelined by Shaw and Agnew? Agnew brought Bowyer to India and they stayed in separate hotels according to reports.

How these people ever made money in business is beyond me, simple decisions cannot be made and they do not say anything to favourites.

Being dipped in zinc wouldn't galvanise the wet blankets

I know but I'm clutching at anything to try to get some form of positive vibe

i agree.

think He and the playing staff were unsure about whether Bowyer was staying in charge after the latest rumours of a manager coming in.

now he been told he is incharge till the summer. where I think if he keeps us up and wants the job permanant I think he would stand a decent chance of getting it

Let's not get carried away now. I am sure if he keeps us up Bowyer will become an instant legend but is he the man for the job long term? I dunno.

It's almost amusing that, in the media world (as well as with some of our fans), all of our troubles seem to come down to Singh allegedly signing off £600k on 5 players. All gambles but, if just one had come off, potentially good business.

Have people forgotten how much the agents fees were for Rochina alone?

Or the damage inflicted when contracts were dished out in that Rocking January transfer window? Contracts which made players, who could potentially have kept us up, unaffordable and unavailable for selection.

Yes, Shebby is a fool but he's at the thin end of a very big wedge.

It's almost amusing that, in the media world (as well as with some of our fans), all of our troubles seem to come down to Singh allegedly signing off £600k on 5 players. All gambles but, if just one had come off, potentially good business.

Have people forgotten how much the agents fees were for Rochina alone?

Or the damage inflicted when contracts were dished out in that Rocking January transfer window? Contracts which made players, who could potentially have kept us up, unaffordable and unavailable for selection.

Yes, Shebby is a fool but he's at the thin end of a very big wedge.

Nick Harris article; http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/article-2030832/Nick-Harris-Agent-paid-1-65m-deal-player-cost-400-000.html

If you had presided at Rovers in the last 2 years and had a shred of dignity, cared for your career and didn't want this awful blot on your CV you would get out quick. I can understand Silk's resignation and can't believe it's taken this long.

What I can't understand is why Angew (lifelong Rovers supporter) wants to be part of the complete demise of our club? And even if is his loyalty lies with PNE it is still massively embarrassing to have played a major part in this whole sorry mess. Surely you would be ashamed and leave?

If you had presided at Rovers in the last 2 years and had a shred of dignity, cared for your career and didn't want this awful blot on your CV you would get out quick. I can understand Silk's resignation and can't believe it's taken this long.

What I can't understand is why Angew (lifelong Rovers supporter) wants to be part of the complete demise of our club? And even if is his loyalty lies with PNE it is still massively embarrassing to have played a major part in this whole sorry mess. Surely you would be ashamed and leave?

Ah, but money talks.......seems from all rumours that significant amounts of cash has lined very deep pockets.....set up individuals for life. Nice job, courtesy of Venkys, the company that goes on giving.

Glen Mullan and Kamy have both said this morning to back up that Silk has put her notice in and is leaving.

Seems like Glen is days behind Nicko !

What did Glen post on here just a few days ago when he dissed Nicko's 'exclusive' as another "another Nixon cracker" ?

Chaddy, like Rovers should have done with Sam, stick with the original ! Nicko knows his onions !

"That is way over the going rate, which would typically be around five per cent of a player's wages over the term of his contract.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2030832/Nick-Harris-Agent-paid-1-65m-deal-player-cost-400-000.html#ixzz2QEgT9S2h

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

Did anyone stop to think that if we paid 600,000 for the Portuguese agents - if that's 5% of their total contracts (in some cases 3 years, nuno henrique?)

12 million on absolute dross?

Yes, Shebby is a fool. Shaw and Agnew are fools as well. Venky's are idiots. Everyone is stupid. Thick. Incompetent. Why is it that they are unable to see what is happening right in front of their very eyes?

Oh, but of course they can. No one is this stupid. For all the sound bites, the platitudes, “We Care A Lot”, it’s all positive, we’re all pulling together, “the owners are right behind us”…

The fact of the matter is they have taken an estimated 45m pound business and sold off all its assets, while at the same time replacing the assets with inferior rubbish - and they have had to pay Agents fees in order to do this. Those pesky Agents fees. Of course everyone takes a cut though don’t they? No such thing as a free lunch is there?

I fail to see what more they could have done to get us relegated this season. It still might not happen but you surely see my point.

Five managers averaging what? 9 games each?

Resting your best midfielder and striker for a key game at Cardiff?

Flying the caretaker manager to India in the build up to two crucial home games for (still) reasons unknown (to meet Desai? I’m sure Derby are panicking now Gary’s met her aren't they Agnew)?

Buying rubbish players that added to an already bloated squad?

Providing long term contracts to has-beens who have offered nothing this season?

Removing nigh on all coaching staff (staff that they employed only 3 months previously)?

Where’s Givet?

Where is Martin Olsson?

Where was Dunn for a large part of the season?

You know the sketch, we could all go on.

All this and they’re trying ever so hard. I mean only a few weeks ago Barry Rao said we could make the play-offs. What are the odds on us going up now??! Probably something similar to what they were on us going down at the start of the season funnily enough.

The club is utterly ruined. Broken beyond repair I would suggest and still they show no signs of letting go. It’s a rotting carcass, they have had their full but now want to pick the bones clean. Watch out for the impending fire sale, conveniently, as already mentioned, substantiated by the FFP rules. Then there’s another parachute payment of 16million in the offing as well.

Then, maybe then, when there really is nothing left, they will sell. Or should that read ‘walk away’ leaving a mountain of debt and no football club.

Archived