BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup Final - Man City v Wigan

Guest Norbert

Really? Man City fans turning their noses up at Pelligrini? Like they've been anything but a comedy club prior to the Arabs taking over. One title, and they start thinking they're some massive club like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan............or Man Utd.

Mancini is merely a pretty good manager. Hasn't done anything Hughes wouldn't have done. And Hughes would have created a team rather than a bunch of talented, but self centred individuals.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I know people are saying an upset, and technically it is... but because it's City, it kind of isn't :lol: if there's any club in the land who would @#/? this up, it's City. If any of the other bigger clubs had been on their game this year, City would be 3rd or lower. Their abysmal showing in the Champions League showed their true quality, and is also an indication of the poor overall quality of the Premier League.

I tend to cheer on for the underdog, smaller clubs and teams in about every sport, no special affinity for Wigan except these kinds of games don't come often so they always pump me up when the results are like this.

City beat Chelsea, really, I would have thought they would have walked this today.

It's almost like Wigan has to play 2 FA Cup semifinals to stay up. But if they go down, surely Martinez will go to Everton or elsewhere.

Guest Norbert

I must be in a minority here, and say that I don't really care about the match. Happy for Dave Whelan after what happen to him all those years ago, but to me Wigan are just another Lancashire club, like Preston, Blackpool or Accrington. I'd only want them to stay up if it meant Villa were to go down. Otherwise I'm not bothered either way.

Really? Man City fans turning their noses up at Pelligrini? Like they've been anything but a comedy club prior to the Arabs taking over. One title, and they start thinking they're some massive club like Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan............or Man Utd.

Nope, it's true. Although, I'm sure there's some City fans with a modicum of sense. Their argument is that Pellegrini doesn't have a European trophy to his name, so he's not in "Bobby's" league. Pellegrini has forgotten more than Mancini knows, and that's no disrespect to Mancini, but I'd like to see him get Villarreal to a Champions League semi-final (I think we actually would've won it that year if not for *that* missed penalty. Damn you, Riquelme! :()

Thought Jim had made a typo but Abbs beat me to it.

Always thrilled when the underdog pulls off the surprise and leaves the vast majority of the fans deserting the stadium in their droves, leaving that pocket of fans behind still celebrating (Cardiff anyone?)

Chuffed to bits for Dave Whelan, and McManaman was terrific

I know people are saying an upset, and technically it is... but because it's City, it kind of isn't :lol: if there's any club in the land who would @#/? this up, it's City. If any of the other bigger clubs had been on their game this year, City would be 3rd or lower. Their abysmal showing in the Champions League showed their true quality, and is also an indication of the poor overall quality of the Premier League.

I think Arsenal would be more likely to kean it up tbf

If City get Pellegrini the top of the prem will be full of great managers... And Brendan Rodgers.

Thought Jim had made a typo but Abbs beat me to it.

Always thrilled when the underdog pulls off the surprise and leaves the vast majority of the fans deserting the stadium in their droves, leaving that pocket of fans behind still celebrating (Cardiff anyone?)

Chuffed to bits for Dave Whelan, and McManaman was terrific

Yeah, I like the look of McManaman. Reminded me a bit of Stuart Ripley in his prime, the much vaunted Clichy hadn't got a clue how to deal with him.

could have been us, baskets!!! well done wigan, amazing a small town club like wigan can achieve what they have achieved the last few years, still think Martinez is slightly overrated though, shame he will move on if they go down, makes his decision to turn down villa a vindicated one!!!

wigan fan here, i signed up a while ago here because the venky's/kean situation fascinated (and appalled) me.

wen and kamy (among others) do a great job with the podcast, i listen to each one and its kept me right up to date with rovers (only complaint is that they are not released more regularly)

thanks for the fa cup love.

hope you get rid of the pune based keaners soon.

Archived