BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Rhodes high price should guarantee we keep him for a while as no prem club will probably have the balls to risk 12 million on him given that he lacks a bit of pace and all round team contribution. A big risk for an IF

I think his best chance of prem football is to fire us there.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any dick could see rhodes can score at this level and he paid way over the odds...great deal. :(

How much cash had he keaned up the wall with the other shyte he is responsible for...not to mention the fact that he's a complete keaning buffoon...jack would turn in his grave...

Well its always boots and all with you! You've completely ignored my criticisms of Shebby. I have no higher opinion of him than most others. However we do need perspective and I'll repeat----he's done 2 things we should be grateful for, one of them is Rhodes, the other is Kean.

Have we really "paid way over the odds" for Rhodes? I seriously doubt it but time will tell.

You make a big assumption that he forced Kean out, and he seems to get all the credit for the Rhodes deal and no equal criticism for the Portugese misfits.

Well he doesn't get all the credit for the Rhodes signing---that is what the discussion has been about!

The reason we don't bring up the Portuguese players much is twofold---there is no doubt about it and nothing to discuss. Only 2 have shown anything at all (Nunes and Gomes) and neither are playing currently and, secondly, because they've all disappeared off the radar, most of us have forgotten they were ever signed!

Without doubt they were nightmare signings and proof positive that Venkys had learned nothing. Shebby should never have been allowed near the Club.

Any dick could see rhodes can score at this level and he paid way over the odds...great deal. :(

How much cash had he keaned up the wall with the other shyte he is responsible for...not to mention the fact that he's a complete keaning buffoon...jack would turn in his grave...

TBF we signed some real duds under Jacks reign as well.

I would even trust Kean's judgement over Singh. He is at least a coach rather than a random pundit.

Also as we have seen, Kean never played some of the players Singh picked and neither have the other managers so they aren't up to it clearly.

Also we are 13th in the League, and the league table doesn't lie. Shebby SIngh has been at the forefront of football operations, and he has seemingly signed these players and also claimed to appoint Berg.

All hail the great work and superb legacy left by Steve Kean! "Tell me roversfan99.... what first attracted you to the multimillionaire Steve Kean?"

Kinell! Are you for real... or do you have a BB10 postcode?

If we stay down, he will continue to score. If we go up then I feel he will struggle.

I am with you SM on this one>Anyone who scores 102 goals aged 22 and hasn't been picked up by the big guns has to have a question mark because they will all have assessed him.Lack of pace is probably it.But he has been great for us at this level.

Just on Shebby -whats all this he got rid of Kean and was wholly responsible for Rhodes crap ?? Paying Kean £1.2m compo isn't getting rid of him in the accepted sense is it? He ballsed it up to such an extent he handed Kean the golden goodbye ticket.I am also told that Shebby was nowhere near the Rhodes deal but made it his mission to claim all the glory when at the height of his bullsh1tting powers.In fact also heard that he nearly cocked that one up as well and came perilously close to persuading Rhodes not to come by being a tit.My understanding believe it or not was that the Shelfmeister had to pull it round using his connections with Jordan's dad. Shebby didn't go on record about these Portugese no marks that have cost us fortunes and wouldn't get in a decent reserve team or the brilliant Polish goalie that can't even get on our bench before Usai.Bear in mind when Shebby brought him here we had Robinson as our number 1 so god knows where he was aiming with that one.

Shebby is a complete and utter baffoon that has been found out , probably even by Venkys now and his silence is thankfully deafening.A Mike Basset in the making who if he had his way would be running the show.What a near miss that was.

Shebby is a complete and utter baffoon that has been found out , probably even by Venkys now and his silence is thankfully deafening.A Mike Basset in the making who if he had his way would be running the show.What a near miss that was.

The Venkys haven't even found themselves out yet, they most likely think they are doing a great job under the circumstances(in their minds the fans are too blame for everything, im just waiting for them too pull the race card).

I am with you SM on this one>Anyone who scores 102 goals aged 22 and hasn't been picked up by the big guns has to have a question mark because they will all have assessed him.Lack of pace is probably it.But he has been great for us at this level.

Just on Shebby -whats all this he got rid of Kean and was wholly responsible for Rhodes crap ?? Paying Kean £1.2m compo isn't getting rid of him in the accepted sense is it? He ballsed it up to such an extent he handed Kean the golden goodbye ticket.I am also told that Shebby was nowhere near the Rhodes deal but made it his mission to claim all the glory when at the height of his bullsh1tting powers.In fact also heard that he nearly cocked that one up as well and came perilously close to persuading Rhodes not to come by being a tit.My understanding believe it or not was that the Shelfmeister had to pull it round using his connections with Jordan's dad. Shebby didn't go on record about these Portugese no marks that have cost us fortunes and wouldn't get in a decent reserve team or the brilliant Polish goalie that can't even get on our bench before Usai.Bear in mind when Shebby brought him here

we had Robinson as our number 1 so god knows where he was aiming with that one.

+1

If we stay down, he will continue to score. If we go up then I feel he will struggle.

if Rhodes leaves for a mid table prem side he'd have better service and would maybe be even more effective ...lets face it he's a natural born goal scorer

if Rhodes leaves for a mid table prem side he'd have better service and would maybe be even more effective ...lets face it he's a natural born goal scorer

I don't know, most prem league goalscorers these days rely on having either bags of pace and skill/technique or/and being big and strong to get into goalscoring positions, Rhodes is a good allrounder but doesn't really have any stand out ability right now other than excellent natural finishing, Its getting into the goalscoring positions that he would find a lot lot harder in the prem compared to this league where defences are pretty poor at most teams.

I don't know, most prem league goalscorers these days rely on having either bags of pace and skill/technique or/and being big and strong to get into goalscoring positions, Rhodes is a good allrounder but doesn't really have any stand out ability right now other than excellent natural finishing, Its getting into the goalscoring positions that he would find a lot lot harder in the prem compared to this league where defences are pretty poor at most teams.

IMO Rhodes' Achilles heal is that he isn't a good all rounder. He certainly lacks pace and his current lack of physical presence can be developed.

However, he does have the natural knack of finding goalscoring positions and I think you would struggle to find a better finisher in any league. I'd love to know his ratio of goals relative to goalscoring chances.

If football was like that, any fourth division goalscorer could walk into the PL.

IMO Rhodes' Achilles heal is that he isn't a good all rounder. He certainly lacks pace and his current lack of physical presence can be developed.

Two things have re-assured me on that recently. Firstly, Appleton's interview after the Bristol game where he talked about how eager he is to improve and that he knows he has to develop his all round game. Secondly, the strength and balance he showed for the second goal was impressive. He's not a small lad so if he learns to utilise his body like that on a more regular basis he can bring some physical presence to the front line.

He'll never be quick (although I wouldn't say he's particularly slow), but the likes of Fletcher, Zamora, Holt, Lambert, Michu etc. have similar limiations but have developed their games in other areas to compensate. It's not a prerequisite for success.

If football was like that, any fourth division goalscorer could walk into the PL.

you wont find many natural born goalscorers in the bottom tier...

However, he does have the natural knack of finding goalscoring positions and I think you would struggle to find a better finisher in any league. I'd love to know his ratio of goals relative to goalscoring chances.

he certainly knows where the net is..he only needs 1 chance that is the sign of a good un..

fair point.

Its just for me there have been way too many players in the past 10-15 years that have scored for fun in the championship and lower leagues but struggled to even get double figures in the premiere league, I do think Rhodes is better than those others, his goalscoring ratio is excessively great but its impossible to guess how well he'll do until he plays in the prem, personally i feel he will be a 15-18 goal a season player(which ain't a bad thing for 7mill!!!) and only if he's playing in a good team.

I think back in the days of the standard 442 with wingers and a proper strike partnership he could have been up there with the shearers, coles, fowlers, but now nearly all clubs play with 1 upfront alone and 1 or 2 deeper behind them the 1 up front has to have a lot more too their game than good finishing, they get less chances and are expected to hold up the ball for the deeper forwards more.

p.s. just remembered this is actually supposed to be a shebby singh thread:)

fair point.

Its just for me there have been way too many players in the past 10-15 years that have scored for fun in the championship and lower leagues but struggled to even get double figures in the premiere league, I do think Rhodes is better than those others, his goalscoring ratio is excessively great but its impossible to guess how well he'll do until he plays in the prem, personally i feel he will be a 15-18 goal a season player(which ain't a bad thing for 7mill!!!) and only if he's playing in a good team.

I think back in the days of the standard 442 with wingers and a proper strike partnership he could have been up there with the shearers, coles, fowlers, but now nearly all clubs play with 1 upfront alone and 1 or 2 deeper behind them the 1 up front has to have a lot more too their game than good finishing, they get less chances and are expected to hold up the ball for the deeper forwards more.

p.s. just remembered this is actually supposed to be a shebby singh thread:)

whos she?

I tried to think of someone associated with the Rovers previously in a prominent position who had proven as comical as SS. Other than the classless fool who took us down and the current owners, I can't think of anyone.

Frankly, there has never been anyone to remotely compare.

I was going to start a new thread, but managed to find this one.

So, where is Singh then?

He's seemingly fallen off the face of the earth - which has been no bad thing, seeing as MA appears to be blunt, honest and knowledgeable.

Is it co-incidental that since Venky's appointed a PR company we've not heard from Singh (or his little Action Group)?

It's almost been a breath of fresh air having MA do all of the talking - and making sense.

No snippets from people who have no idea what they're talking about, constantly 'umm'ing and 'ahhh'ing all the way through.

It's almost...dare I say it...giving the club a bit of credibility back.

Archived