Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I like this quote from the manager

‘I’m not sure what Shebby’s doing at the moment, but if he’s global advising he’s not advising me,’ admitted Blackburn’s new manager Michael Appleton. ‘I’ve not had any contact from Shebby since I’ve been here. He knows my number, he knows where I am.’

I do worry that Shebby may feel his nose has been put out and will look for any chance to stick it back in

So if he's doing nowt then why is he still picking up a wage?

I ask that frequently about people at work too.

Seriously though, if he hasnt met the manager in a month, whats going on, is he even still in the UK? Not that im bothered, its much better without him around.

Singh will look very stupid if he makes any anti-Appleton comments after a couple of defeats.

He is his own worst enemy.

He really should be speaking with Appleton (although I was given to understand that he is an employee of Venkys, not Rovers) but if he is keeping an eye on Shagnew then that'll do for me.

Keep an eye on this one, Singh will be one of the first to be complained about when things go sour and/or we don't make the play-offs. Particularly if we have to sell any players while he's still being paid.

I look forward to the first, rolleyes-accompanied, "Even Jerome worked for free".

No coincidence that since this clown disappeared from the scene things have massively picked up. I don't know where he's gone and I don't really care... just stay away and never come back.

My thoughts exactly. It's amazing what happens when people who are bad at their jobs and are disruptive are put in their place and real professionals are able to get on with the job in hand.

If only he had kept his mouth shut and

Been here pre takeover and somehow survived the cull

Declared himself a life long Rovers supporter

Not jumped to the defence of John Williams and various others whilst their characters were being assassinated and then removed from their positions

Allegedly Leak letters from previous employees so they are removed

Played his part in the dismantling of the club by Kean and Associates

Declared war on supporters in the press and ground

Deflected all attention away from an incompetent manager

Used the situation to be rewarded into a position he is not fit for purpose for

Appoint his mate to ring fence his position so he can skulk back into the shadows

Whispered to various people to turn the attention of blame on to the owners and not the manager

Take a nice salary actually from the club for doing sweet FA

Then he would probably still not be getting comments on a thread . So if you come across this thread Shebby take on board the current Chinese New Year celebrations, the year of the Snake, behave like one and the supporters will forget everything.

A post in support of Singh ?, not really just to raise awareness that although Singh as made himself an easy target there are still people at the club that have played a bigger part in the past 26 months that should not be forgotten in the anti singh / Saint Derek hysteria

• Backroom

I think we're all well aware of the above Perth.

The fact is though nobody except SS has got directly involved with the playing side of things. Nobody except SS had his own tracksuit made to walk around Brockhall with. Nobody except SS constantly gave the media cringeworthy soundbytes making a further mockery of the club. These are all completely self-inflicted idiocies that are not balanced out by his role (still yet to be determined) in sacking Steve Kean. Kean's removal should have been a fresh start for the club, but in large part thanks to Singh it just became the catalyst for further farce and embarrassment.

Yeah, there are worse villains than Singh at the club - but the blame lays at Shebby's door for a lot of what has gone on in the last few months and he deserves to be called out for that. If that offends you then that's unfortunate, but maybe don't open a thread specifically about Shebby. If you feel so strongly that others are to blame then start a thread about them instead and vent your views?

If only he had kept his mouth shut and

Been here pre takeover and somehow survived the cull

Declared himself a life long Rovers supporter

Not jumped to the defence of John Williams and various others whilst their characters were being assassinated and then removed from their positions

Allegedly Leak letters from previous employees so they are removed

Played his part in the dismantling of the club by Kean and Associates

Declared war on supporters in the press and ground

Deflected all attention away from an incompetent manager

Used the situation to be rewarded into a position he is not fit for purpose for

Appoint his mate to ring fence his position so he can skulk back into the shadows

Whispered to various people to turn the attention of blame on to the owners and not the manager

Take a nice salary actually from the club for doing sweet FA

Then he would probably still not be getting comments on a thread . So if you come across this thread Shebby take on board the current Chinese New Year celebrations, the year of the Snake, behave like one and the supporters will forget everything.

A post in support of Singh ?, not really just to raise awareness that although Singh as made himself an easy target there are still people at the club that have played a bigger part in the past 26 months that should not be forgotten in the anti singh / Saint Derek hysteria

Very well put.

It's ironic though that Singh himself has diverted attention away from those you speak of and onto himself.

He was a very popular figure at first - maybe he got carried away.

Personally, I think Singh gets a very raw deal on here but we really shouldn't need a global advisor. If we had proper administrators at the club who are trusted by the fans, and put BRFC first, maybe he wouldn't be here.

It just goes to show how much damage Venkys did when they backed the novice, and failing, Steve Kean and alienated and forced out everyone else. This is what we are left with.

I think we're all well aware of the above Perth.

The fact is though nobody except SS has got directly involved with the playing side of things. Nobody except SS had his own tracksuit made to walk around Brockhall with. Nobody except SS constantly gave the media cringeworthy soundbytes making a further mockery of the club. These are all completely self-inflicted idiocies that are not balanced out by his role (still yet to be determined) in sacking Steve Kean. Kean's removal should have been a fresh start for the club, but in large part thanks to Singh it just became the catalyst for further farce and embarrassment.

Yeah, there are worse villains than Singh at the club - but the blame lays at Shebby's door for a lot of what has gone on in the last few months and he deserves to be called out for that. If that offends you then that's unfortunate, but maybe don't open a thread specifically about Shebby. If you feel so strongly that others are to blame then start a thread about them instead and vent your views?

Doesn't offend me one bit, he fully deserves to be called out on some of his time here but more damage has been done in a longer period by certain people who are being continually rewarded for doing it, that's my point.

There was a good reason why the press were not as ridiculing about the club, because before Singh came along everything was the fans fault remember? and he made himself an easier story then the bilge that was being fed to the press about those nasty supporters, leaked concerns about how the club was being run etc. As Stuart pointed out he made it easier to "divert attention away" from the real problems, so Balaji's plan to send him in to keep an eye on what was really going on at the club back fired to a large extent, or was that the plan all along for Singh to create a smokescreen?

Petty point but as far as training clothes etc you must of missed the rather fetching Rovers jacket with PA pressed on the left chest worn at an interview (if i can be bothered Ill have a mooch around rovers player to see if I can find it). As for meddling in team affairs well was he doing it (if he was) on his own initiative or was he being instructed to do it by his direct employer worth remembering he is not employed by the club, and as I remember there where also some question marks over other people shadowing managers and sticking their noses into team affairs, particularly when it was in their interests for that manager to fail.

As I mentioned in my previous post, It would seem that Singh would not be receiving this kind of scorn if he had done as others and kept quiet and done their scheming behind the scenes (no doubt also being seen as close to BRFCAG didn't help him ), so it is as relevant as any other post in a thread titled Shebby Singh.

Stuart makes a very good point why the need for a global advisor or more to the point why the need to redirect somebody who was trusted by at least one family member from doing what they were supposed to do which was basically setting up and running kids leagues in India under the Rovers name to keep an eye on what was / is going on at the club? It was being reported back to India that everything was rosey and any problems were the supporters fault so problem solved and this view could be justified as it seems to some that we have only had other problems since Singh's arrival which no doubt was the line used on a recent visit to India by a couple of our esteemed Directors.

• Backroom

The thing is Perth, Shebby had everybody on his side after sacking Kean. That should have been a position almost impossible to destroy. Yet through a series of incredible mishaps, embarrassing interviews and a shockingly bad recruitment process he managed to throw away all the good will he had built up. In sacking Kean he had the chance to set us on the path to recovery and instead set us back hugely through the hiring and subsequent firing of Henning Berg. Singh has taken full responsibility for this and as such we cannot really cast blame at anybody else.

I, for one, have always been critical of Singh. But I have also always been critical of Agnew and Shaw. Singh is more an idiot than an odious cretin, but I consider him 1/3 of an equal problem.

The thing is Perth, Shebby had everybody on his side after sacking Kean. That should have been a position almost impossible to destroy. Yet through a series of incredible mishaps, embarrassing interviews and a shockingly bad recruitment process he managed to throw away all the good will he had built up. In sacking Kean he had the chance to set us on the path to recovery and instead set us back hugely through the hiring and subsequent firing of Henning Berg. Singh has taken full responsibility for this and as such we cannot really cast blame at anybody else.

I, for one, have always been critic

I think bottom line we do agree but are coming at it from different directions. But i do think certain comments by a Director the day after a joint decision was made to appoint Berg was not helpful and does make you wonder if other obstacles were put in Bergs way.

No arguments what so ever with the criticism of Singh's comments and interviews

Shebby was popular for his Kean sacking comments.

his recent interviews and comments were Shocking.

I favour Derek Shaw being the main man off the field. He does his job very much in the background, doesnt seek public attention and doesnt make daft comments. experience of running a club.

Appleton reports to Shaw who then report to the owners. so what is Shebby role and what is he doing club work wise???

• Backroom

As I say, in criticising Singh I am in no way withdrawing my ire from certain others. They're all culpable and proven themselves rank amateurs of the highest order. Ideally all three would depart, but we may have to make do with them just being silent for the time being.

Archived