BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Shebby was popular for his Kean sacking comments.

his recent interviews and comments were Shocking.

I favour Derek Shaw being the main man off the field. He does his job very quieting and doesnt make daft comments. experience of running a club.

Whilst you have your own reasons for thinking this about shaw, after having lengthy conversations with my PNE ex shareholder brother in law , can't agree with your confidence

As I say, in criticising Singh I am in no way withdrawing my ire from certain others. They're all culpable and proven themselves rank amateurs of the highest order. Ideally all three would depart, but we may have to make do with them just being silent for the time being.

No problem DE , beauty of a messageboard everybody does not have the same viewpoints well unless its as it seems at the current time it's about Appleton :)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst you have your own reasons for thinking this about shaw, after having lengthy conversations with my PNE ex shareholder brother in law , can't agree with your confidence

would rather have Shaw than either Agnew or Shebby.

i have some very good friends with good contacts at PNE boardroom when Shaw was there, who said mostly did a good job.

The favourable view of Shaw is simply a reflection of how utterly kean Singh and Agnew are.

not really.

we would all like to still have JW and TF there but its not happening so move on and deal with it

would rather have Shaw than either Agnew or Shebby.

i have some very good friends with good contacts at PNE boardroom when Shaw was there, who said mostly did a good job.

not really.

we would all like to still have JW and TF there but its not happening so move on and deal with it

Don't be daft.

He's a wideboy shelf salesman promoted beyond his wildest dreams. He's also part of the reason PNE are floundering in the lower half of the third tier.

Don't be daft.

He's a wideboy shelf salesman promoted beyond his wildest dreams. He's also part of the reason PNE are floundering in the lower half of the third tier.

how???

shaw left PNE before they went down. Risdale was the chairman when they went down.

Phil Brown and Darren Ferguson were the managers in the season went down.

The thing is Perth, Shebby had everybody on his side after sacking Kean. That should have been a position almost impossible to destroy.

You don't really believe that DE, do you? Firstly, he was found out immediately by many fans, while secondly for all his waffle about sacking Kean, he never did it and couldn't do it.

He was in a position almost impossible to destroy? He was from day one, and still is, a total liability to the club as plenty of fans realised.

Now if this is out of context with the rest of the thread, then apologies because I've only read the last few posts.

• Backroom

You don't really believe that DE, do you? Firstly, he was found out immediately by many fans, while secondly for all his waffle about sacking Kean, he never did it and couldn't do it.

He was in a position almost impossible to destroy? He was from day one, and still is, a total liability to the club as plenty of fans realised.

Now if this is out of context with the rest of the thread, then apologies because I've only read the last few posts.

Take a look back at the posts around the time Kean was sacked. The general mood across the entire fanbase was that Singh had come in and made the difference in getting rid of Kean. I personally never believed this, no, and never gave him much if any credit. I always saw him as a self-promoting weasel who was trying to play real-life FM with our club. This was not the view of most others though, and for a short time Singh unfortunately held a position of reverence within the majority of the fanbase. He then destroyed that by speaking crap non-stop, conducting a farcical manager search and appointing the wrong person entirely.

To deny Singh was briefly very, very popular within the fanbase is to rewrite history, though.

Take a look back at the posts around the time Kean was sacked. The general mood across the entire fanbase was that Singh had come in and made the difference in getting rid of Kean. I personally never believed this, no, and never gave him much if any credit. I always saw him as a self-promoting weasel who was trying to play real-life FM with our club. This was not the view of most others though, and for a short time Singh unfortunately held a position of reverence within the majority of the fanbase. He then destroyed that by speaking crap non-stop, conducting a farcical manager search and appointing the wrong person entirely.

To deny Singh was briefly very, very popular within the fanbase is to rewrite history, though.

To your last sentence DE, I don't think it is. I think a few liked him, a lot were prepared to acclaim his role in getting rid of Kean, but the majority, even though happy with his part in the Kean resignation still saw right through him.

• Backroom

To your last sentence DE, I don't think it is. I think a few liked him, a lot were prepared to acclaim his role in getting rid of Kean, but the majority, even though happy with his part in the Kean resignation still saw right through him.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one Den, though it doesn't really matter now. I'm just glad he seems to have disappeared.

how all your conspiracy theories coming along???

what happen to this massive story that was coming out about rovers twice now and its never happen. where your evidence to support your cooments

You seem to believe Michael Laudrup applied for the Rovers job...

You seem to believe Michael Laudrup applied for the Rovers job...

did I ever said he applied for the job but He DID have an interview with John Williams

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/2352824.laudrup_interviewed_by_blackburn_rovers/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/mk-dons/2303655/Michael-Laudrups-head-turned-by-Blackburn.html

Shebby was popular for his Kean sacking comments.

his recent interviews and comments were Shocking.

I favour Derek Shaw being the main man off the field. He does his job very quieting and doesnt make daft comments. experience of running a club.

Appleton reports to Shaw who then report to the owners. so what is Shebby role and what is he doing club work wise???

I'm a little afraid of The Quieting - it sounds like a Stephen King novella.

We should however heed what happened over at Dumpdale and be concerned if Shelvy ever ousts Singh and has total control...

The fact that Appleton seems to be able to totally ignore and bypass Shebby rather suggests that Shebby's powerbase has disappeared. Appleton openly admits to not having spoken to him and that he deals with Shaw which would point to the fact that Shaw seems to have caught the ear of Venkys. The fact that Shebby's Iberian experiment has been abandoned would also point to him now having little to do with the football side of things. If Appleton and his backroom staff are allowed to get on with the job I suspect most fans will be happy even if results don't always go our way.

This has probably been mentioned but just in case...Appleton was on Football Focus yesterday being interviewed. He said he'd still not met Shebby, he then smiled and said 'he's got my number' if he ever wants to talk. The smirk implied he didn't expect a call! It certainly looks like Shebby is well and truly out of the loop as far as the football side goes.

Appleton also said he had a two and a half year contract and 'expects promotion' within that time. He didn't sound like someone who expected all his best players to be sold if we don't go up this year.

I not only think Shebby has been told to be quiet but that Shaw has too. Let's not forget that as well as Shebby hardly covering himself in glory in the media there were also underhand things leaked out from Ewood discrediting him. Wonder who could've been behind that?

It's also worth remembering Shaw's unnecessary comment on Berg not being the first choice as manager just after he'd been given the job. This despite his earlier comment that the board were unanimous in hiring him.

Not a man to be trusted in my opinion and not fit to hold such a position at our club.

how all your conspiracy theories coming along???

what happen to this massive story that was coming out about rovers twice now and its never happen. where your evidence to support your cooments

Where's your shaw was good at nob end evidence then?

I favour Derek Shaw being the main man off the field. He does his job very much in the background, doesnt seek public attention and doesnt make daft comments. experience of running a club.

I favor all three of Shaw, Agnew and Shebby being shown the door. All three are clowns.

The favourable view of Shaw is simply a reflection of how utterly kean Singh and Agnew are.

Faint praise.

Archived