BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

I take some hope from the fact that Shebby is obviously not in the Kean camp - whether it makes any difference in the end who knows. At the moment the future is so bleak for Rovers - can you blame anyone for hanging onto even the slightest glimmer of a silver lining to the monsoon like cloud that hangs over Rovers at the moment ?

Take it you didn't agree with Camus then that hope is the worst thing possible - it stops you from taking action. Only when you acknowledge that there is no hope, according to him, can you act as you should. Don't know that I agree but he may have something.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope? Optimism? Really? Unbelievable. Do people not realise that Steve Kean, the worst manager in our history more or less, has just been allowed to hand pick a board! Hope and optimism my arse. Which club in the history of football have allowed a manager to do that? As for Shebby Singh, well, his first day in the job and already he's got that Venky disease, bullshititus I think it's called.

Unbelievable - people talk about small glimmers of hope - and both myself and Roverside heavily caveated what we said - and yet suddenly it becomes "hope and optimism".

Unbelievable - people talk about small glimmers of hope - and both myself and Roverside heavily caveated what we said - and yet suddenly it becomes "hope and optimism".

You find a glimmer of hope in the fact that some Malaysian pundit has now a major role at the club? That same person who said Kean should be fired now says the slate is wiped clean? Said that Kean got Fulham promoted? That's a glimmer of hope?

"I have to put my money where my mouth is"

Is he serious?! Which money would that be? The minimum of £200,000/year that he is being paid to legally work here?!

Insane. The whole thing is insane. Theyre mental, its the only explination.

I understand that that figure is a tad light !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shebby Singh talks a fair bit of sense, eh? Like Stevie Kean getting Fulham promoted, was it? Have you not seen enough money-grubbing conmen at Ewood in the last two years to know what they look and sound like?

"My role is to be constructive". Ok, Shebby - DO ONE. That constructive enough?

I said "a fair bit". I believe he does. That's my opinion. Shoot me down for having it. Blah, blah, blah. I've not said anything about things being better, getting better, nothing. I'm not Russell Grant, Derek Acorah or Mystic Meg. But he comes across, to me as being quite an educated man, who has said a couple of things to show me that he could, maybe, help. He's talked of a couple of sensible signings and he's not too keen on Steve Kean. Not a bad start. Who knows. Forgive me for my opinion. It also wouldn't surprise me, if everything carried on careering into a deep, cavernous cow ######.

Would love to know what you two are smokin'. Whatever it is, you're both in cloud cuckoo land.

I much prefer it when Venky's are silent. It gives the vain hope of a takeover.

When they actually DO STUFF, we end up with Agnew made into an executive and Shebby f****** Singh as director of football.

+1

I do like your perception.

• Backroom

Glad that some people are feeling positive.

I personally have a feeling of dread, in my opinion any club which has Shebby Singh & Paul Agnew in senior positions is only heading in one direction. DOWN.

Correct.

We need rid of Venky's, otherwise there is no hope.

I said "a fair bit". I believe he does. That's my opinion. Shoot me down for having it. Blah, blah, blah. I've not said anything about things being better, getting better, nothing. I'm not Russell Grant, Derek Acorah or Mystic Meg. But he comes across, to me as being quite an educated man, who has said a couple of things to show me that he could, maybe, help. He's talked of a couple of sensible signings and he's not too keen on Steve Kean. Not a bad start. Who knows. Forgive me for my opinion.

Well, Kean obviously isn't objectionable enough for him to refuse a fat wage and the chance to spout lies on Sky Sports News. Our club has been made the laughing stock of world football and you STILL want to "look for the positives" (as a certain drunken imposter always recommends).

You are welcome to your opinion.

Well, Kean obviously isn't objectionable enough for him to refuse a fat wage and the chance to spout lies on Sky Sports News. Our club has been made the laughing stock of world football and you STILL want to "look for the positives" (as a certain drunken imposter always recommends).

You are welcome to your opinion.

Thanks. Means a lot.

I take some hope from the fact that Shebby is obviously not in the Kean camp - whether it makes any difference in the end who knows.

Venkys like sycophants. He is now firmly in the Kean camp otherwise he would not have been appointed.

As for sense and integrity. He said one thing (Kean must go) to sell an article to a newspaper. He says Kean must be give a chance to get a job with Venkys.

Could anyone tell me what qualifications he and Agnew have to run a Championship professional football club?

Venkys like sycophants. He is now firmly in the Kean camp otherwise he would not have been appointed.

As for sense and integrity. He said one thing (Kean must go) to sell an article to a newspaper. He says Kean must be give a chance to get a job with Venkys.

Could anyone tell me what qualifications he and Agnew have to run a Championship professional football club?

Agnew could point to his 1 year as Chief Exec at PNE but then again it was a long time ago. Apart from that I can't see anything else.

You find a glimmer of hope in the fact that some Malaysian pundit has now a major role at the club? That same person who said Kean should be fired now says the slate is wiped clean? Said that Kean got Fulham promoted? That's a glimmer of hope?

Go back and read what was posted. The issue was that the total silence at the club had been broken and that Singh was not completely commited to Kean.

What is it that riles you so much that you see even the most minuscule amount of positivity to be an anathema. Kean needs to go and Rovers need to be turned around. We may not be able to see the back of Venkys yet and in the meantime I prefer to see some improvement on last season and the approach to the fans. First step is to start to be seen, there's a huge rebuilding needed before anyone, including me, changes their views about the owners. Do I believe that will happen? No. Do I believe it's impossible? No.

I'd prefer to see the back of them all and accordingly I am fully committed to BRSIT.

Any chance of you getting an interview with Shebby for BRFCS ?

Or have you given up on all things rovers while this lot are in charge?

Wouldn't blame you if you couldn't be arsed anymore after what has happened in the last 12 months but it would be good if you could get an interview and ask him some proper questions !

At the moment I am the dark lord as far as the club is concerned, but hopeful that Shebby will come on a podcast soon, have had a brief conversation with him today.

Is this the daftest Venkys decision yet? The only consistent aspect to their ownership of Rovers has been the ability to top one bad decision with another. I wonder what is next?

Rovers will go much futher down before this ends. People who have much more information than I have been stating for ages that something is rotten. Hiring Shebby Singh, a football pundit residing in Asia, in an executive role certainly keeps up the incompetency.

I am shielded from all of it by living abroad, those close who want it to end need to hope that the various groups out there lobbying the authorities find something concrete that nails the people who put Rovers in this mess. If not I fear that BRFC will cease to exist, but not before every last penny has been sucked out for other people's material gain.

possibly, but there are worse to come

Do they do good pressers?

possibly, but there are worse to come

Next Monday if current form is anything to go by - always supposing, and there are no guarantees, that England win on Sunday

Go back and read what was posted. The issue was that the total silence at the club had been broken and that Singh was not completely commited to Kean.

What is it that riles you so much that you see even the most minuscule amount of positivity to be an anathema. Kean needs to go and Rovers need to be turned around. We may not be able to see the back of Venkys yet and in the meantime I prefer to see some improvement on last season and the approach to the fans. First step is to start to be seen, there's a huge rebuilding needed before anyone, including me, changes their views about the owners. Do I believe that will happen? No. Do I believe it's impossible? No.

I'd prefer to see the back of them all and accordingly I am fully committed to BRSIT.

I don't need to re-read anything. What does Shebby Singh's non-committal to Steve Kean really mean? Do you think he has any power to rid the club of him? Almost everyone who has spoke out against Kean has been fired. The man is picking his own board/allies. How anyone can glean even the smallest bit of hope through this appointment is just completely alien to me. The easiest way to start getting fans back on side would have been to fire Kean. Instead they tear another boardroom up and back him. I've had enough of all this bullshit, so no, I can't see any hope whatsoever. That's what riles me.

Pretty much how I see it, but shot down.

Totally agree with your point,at least some sort of dialog is starting and that is 10000000000% better than the last 6 months or so.Nobody wants the owners or the manager but neither seem to be going anywhere soon.

For a change I am going to put forward an idea (last one with throwing rubber chickens on the pitch kind of failed).. can we all send Shebby a letter, a stamp costs peanusts (actually cheaper than a pack of peanuts these days) and even those still renewing do not want Kean.. if we all sent a simple letter in our own handwriting then the sheer volume would overwhelm him and give him the ammo to get Kean fired.. I want Venkys out, I actually wanted us to loose certain games last season to try and rid us of Kean which for me is sacrilege, but it has to stop.. and getting rid of Kean is the key to breaking the whole setup imo... he is also dumb enough to accidently spill the beans on Venkys (never cross an angry scot) because his psychology says he will either crumble or fight back and the later would be my prediction.

Would have a much bigger impact if done all at the same time.. but will leave glen to that kind of thing.

Kamy please do me a favour if you do get Shebby on for a podcast

1. Please correct him Steve Kean was nowhere near the management structure when Fulham got promoted it was down to Jean Tigana Steve Kean had no input on that & please make him aware Steve Kean loves to take the credit for other peoples achievements even when he is so far behind in the background & a word of advice if he wants to be a success here he needs to assess the information before he accepts it as truth.

2. Please ask him he states kean starts with a clean slate so how long does he get to turn things round he speaks so confidently so he must know how long he leaves it before he changes things round.

3. He states Kean starts with a clean slate so what does he make of the Hong Kong video of Kean making disparaging remarks of his predecessor Big Sam and if Big Sam takes it further and sues Kean & the club what action will be taken against kean for bringing the club into disrepute?.

4. What does he make of Kean constantly appearing in the media spotlight drunk 90% of the time & will action be taken if this unacceptable behaviour continues?.

sorry if there are too many questions just be interested to know opinions on the matter I'm sure others will be interested to hear answers to these.

Thanks

Savio

I don't need to re-read anything. What does Shebby Singh's non-committal to Steve Kean really mean? Do you think he has any power to rid the club of him? Almost everyone who has spoke out against Kean has been fired. The man is picking his own board/allies. How anyone can glean even the smallest bit of hope through this appointment is just completely alien to me. The easiest way to start getting fans back on side would have been to fire Kean. Instead they tear another boardroom up and back him. I've had enough of all this bullshit, so no, I can't see any hope whatsoever. That's what riles me.

100% agree...there's more hope in hell right now.

Archived