BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Some of his quotes aren't even believable:

"I think that Steven Gerrard is a poor passer so he should play at right back...I think thats the best position for him."

"Yes, Messi scores all these goals, but what else does he do?"

"Why does Giggs play CM now? Why does he do that? Play him CB with Ferdinand - the experience from those two would be so hard to beat."

And yet even he can see Kean is utterly useless so what does that tell you.

There are even more entertaining ones out there.. Mertesacker is apparently supposed to be a striker and his team of the year for the EPL included both swanselonia (yes thats what he calls Swansea) holding midfielders Allen and Britton. Said it before and he confirmed it Lowe is his main man this season and expect a 4231 formation because it will work well in the championship apparently... he will dabble and it is going to get messy.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby Singh?

Why the hell has he got the job? Who is he?

The person we are talking about is a guy who played for Malaysia an utterly rubbish international team, he played in the Malaysian league which is also utterly rubbish comparable only with lower non league football in England... So for his playing career he ranks far, far, far below other Asian player like Fan Zhiyi who played for Crystal Palace...

What has he done since then? He's been on TV, Star Sports, based in Singapore (next to the much bigger Malaysia), where he is the TOKEN Asian face.

How did he get that job? By being a popular and opinionated player in Asia... He often sits along side the likes of Paul Masefield (he played for Stockport County...) and Steve McMahon... even in this company he is seen by most people I know as a joke...

Having been in Asia for quite a while he has been known to me and EVERYONE I know as a complete joke for his comments and analysis, as you can see from some of the comments Veevs picked out, if you think sometimes those on MOTD or ITV are poor on occasion you have seen nothing compared to this guy.

Has he had any significant coaching experience or administration experience in the game even in Asia? NO.

He himself talks about his experience of being a pundit and nothing else.

What does he know about the English or European game? Nothing more than any guy on the street that watches TV.

How many games of high level football (even including Championship standard football) has this guy actually seen live? A dozen or less I'd guess and I'm basing that on the fact that he might have been on holiday to watch Spurs a few times. There are no games of that calibre in south east Asia.

So how can anyone justify the role he has been given at our club???

It has seemed many times that things couldn't get any worse but they continue to do so.

Everyone I know who has seen him on TV here in Asia and knows something about football is shocked beyond belief at him being appointed to a job in English football... Never has there been someone so seemingly inexperienced... Even Michael Knighton at Carlisle or the like.

Shebby has covered himself in glory in his first interview, he is really going to get the fans back on side by 1) contradicting what he explicitly said last month 2) the nonsense about Kean's role in Fulham's promotion... It may work with Malays and Indians ( at least some ) but English fans know a bit more about the game.

I have know doubt Shebby thinks Kean should be sacked and he probably told Venkys too but they have obviously said no and he is happy to carry on with that. If Kean hasn't done enough already to get sacked then unfortunately I see little hope that he will do in the near future. Even if we lose 3 or 4 players and replace them with the likes of Murphy and Best we will have a decent squad for the Championship and we will do ok for a while at least.

Shebby Singh?

Why the hell has he got the job? Who is he?

The person we are talking about is a guy who played for Malaysia an utterly rubbish international team, he played in the Malaysian league which is also utterly rubbish comparable only with lower non league football in England... So for his playing career he ranks far, far, far below other Asian player like Fan Zhiyi who played for Crystal Palace...

What has he done since then? He's been on TV, Star Sports, based in Singapore (next to the much bigger Malaysia), where he is the TOKEN Asian face.

How did he get that job? By being a popular and opinionated player in Asia... He often sits along side the likes of Paul Masefield (he played for Stockport County...) and Steve McMahon... even in this company he is seen by most people I know as a joke...

Having been in Asia for quite a while he has been known to me and EVERYONE I know as a complete joke for his comments and analysis, as you can see from some of the comments Veevs picked out, if you think sometimes those on MOTD or ITV are poor on occasion you have seen nothing compared to this guy.

Has he had any significant coaching experience or administration experience in the game even in Asia? NO.

He himself talks about his experience of being a pundit and nothing else.

What does he know about the English or European game? Nothing more than any guy on the street that watches TV.

How many games of high level football (even including Championship standard football) has this guy actually seen live? A dozen or less I'd guess and I'm basing that on the fact that he might have been on holiday to watch Spurs a few times. There are no games of that calibre in south east Asia.

So how can anyone justify the role he has been given at our club???

It has seemed many times that things couldn't get any worse but they continue to do so.

Everyone I know who has seen him on TV here in Asia and knows something about football is shocked beyond belief at him being appointed to a job in English football... Never has there been someone so seemingly inexperienced... Even Michael Knighton at Carlisle or the like.

Spot on.

Shebby seems to like TV work and get his face plastered on buses. "I was a high-profile talent that featured in ******* marketing and promotions efforts in Singapore and Malaysia. I appeared in a TV commercial, also had my mug plastered all over some buses in Singapore.''

link 1

link 2

Well at least he appears to have some experience in promoting somewhat ''gray'' areas which may come in useful at Rovers........

You mean he's been in a Grecian2000 advert - perhaps that's the big player we're signing - some past it Greek

I've seen Shebby with gray, black, blond hair with or without highlights. He'll try different hairstyles - longish hair, very short hair, gelled, ringlets etc. Trying to recall if he once had a Mohican cut. He thinks he's a TV star but is actually a prat.

Still he can make you laugh by just being the idiot he is. Maybe he can front Rovers TV.

I've seen Shebby with gray, black, blond hair with or without highlights. He'll try different hairstyles - longish hair, very short hair, gelled, ringlets etc. Trying to recall if he once had a Mohican cut. He thinks he's a TV star but is actually a prat.

Still he can make you laugh by just being the idiot he is. Maybe he can front Rovers TV.

The more I hear the more depressing it gets.

• Backroom

Interestingly I'm sure when rovers did their Roverstar event out of the five winners who would come and spend time at Brockhall two or three were from Malaysia, he played a part in the event as well.

Do they see it as a big market to break?

The more I hear the more depressing it gets.

You only have to look at the guy to see he's as mad as a box of frogs.

Shabby Singh - "Globall Advisor" (essential in the Championship!?) - no experience, comedy figure, totally unsuitable

Paul Agnew - General Manager (on a 4 week holiday following his appointment apparently) - terrible reputation in previous role, His PR company's web site said it all (footiball), totally unsuitable

Kean - inept, liar, divorced from reality, no redeeming features or qualities, no positives. His 20 month record is pitiful. Why is he still here? He is also, for consistency, totally unsuitable

Who else is "in charge"? Who else will leave? The three above, along with the Venkys in Pune (who clearly dont know their arses from their elbows) are ruining the club.

Will the authorities ever respond? All we want is for people to act in the best interests of our football club. To do the right thing. Clearly we are asking too much.

Interestingly I'm sure when rovers did their Roverstar event out of the five winners who would come and spend time at Brockhall two or three were from Malaysia, he played a part in the event as well.

Malaysia like the rest of SEA is a huge market already taken by the ''top'' PL teams.

Man U and Liverpool have had huge support for years. Man U have one of the Stores (bar + restaurant) in most major cities in the region. Arsenal, Chelsea and now Man Citeh are the others. Asians follow success and its these teams that get most of the TV exposure which as far as English league football is concerned is more or less limited to the PL.

Shebby is Malaysian but I cannot see that his presence at Rovers will do much to raise Rovers profile whilst a Championship Club. Perhaps limited success would come if we got back to the PL but unless you are one of the 'top' PL sides it will be insignificant.

Maybe Shebby could spot some young talent out here but bear in mind that the region is already awash with football schools. Here in Bangkok Arsenal are behind probably the best one with superb facilities in the City.

Problem with that is - he is not even liked in Malaysia. I go out there every two years - I have family members who live out there, who all say the same.

He is not liked out there and talks rubbish.

Most people in Singapore won't even know who this clown is.

I suspect Venkys appointing him might be part of some "masterplan" to develop their chicken business in Malaysia eg they open their chain of restaurants in S.E Asia and get this clown to front some advertising gimmick.

I think we are all going to be massively shocked and they are actually going to pull off those two signings; Best and Murphy.

I wonder what the reaction will be to that? Murphy, even at his age, would be a super player in that division. Similar signing to the Gordon Cowans one all those years ago.

Don't get your hopes up.

Murphy is pretty close - big money, plus 2 year deal. Nobody else will offer him a better deal.

Best - fee agreed, big wages. Up to player.

It seems they are looking to go down the West Ham route and gamble.

I wonder what the reaction will be to that? Murphy, even at his age, would be a super player in that division. Similar signing to the Gordon Cowans one all those years ago.

They would be outstanding signings. Better than the dross we signed last summer. Nothing will change the fans opinion of kean and Venky's - they've upset too many people.

I think we are all going to be massively shocked and they are actually going to pull off those two signings; Best and Murphy.

I hope you are right, I would be happy to see these 2 players at Rovers. I think Best would score for fun in the championship and I think Murphy would bring some much needed experience to the team.

He is not one for holding back on his opinion either which is a good thing.

It's interesting that Venky's have down a u-turn on wages. They got rid of all our experience players last because they were on big wages but yet they are now offering silly wages to try and attract premier league players.

Venky's are beyond logic.

How do you know this? just from what you have pieced together from the media?

Media and someone I know who works in the football industry.

Ironic isn't it? They bought tat on the cheap and drove our experlayers players away. Now they are looking for quality and experience after we are relegated! Presumably having to pay over the odds for it too.

What a bunch of d-heads.

Archived