BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something inside my head made me think Kean won't be around for much longer. He's obviously playing "bad cop" to Venky's "good cop" routine with Kean. But maybe it's just wishful thinking that he's been put in place to sack him.

I think there's enough evidence to show he won't be going anywhere quickly.

Something inside my head made me think Kean won't be around for much longer. He's obviously playing "bad cop" to Venky's "good cop" routine with Kean. But maybe it's just wishful thinking that he's been put in place to sack him.

Unfortunately, I think it's wishful thinking ! Think you will find there's more chance of Kean signing a contract extension before the season kicks-off in order to help 'player development and recruitment by giving the club more stability' !!!!!!!!!!

There are loads of issues to sort out not least, IMO, Brunskill given Hendry's reportedly imminent arrival. Honestly don't know how Kean seems able to shift so much blame on to others especially as he makes great play in stating 'how much he loves to be out there on the training ground with the lads'. What the feck Kean, Black and one other will do is beyond me.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of senior management departures either within the next week.

IMO, little has or will change - all we are seeing is Shebby putting himself about a bit trying to justify his huge, huge salary !

Unfortunately, I think it's wishful thinking ! Think you will find there's more chance of Kean signing a contract extension before the season kicks-off in order to help 'player development and recruitment by giving the club more stability' !!!!!!!!!!

There are loads of issues to sort out not least, IMO, Brunskill given Hendry's reportedly imminent arrival. Honestly don't know how Kean seems able to shift so much blame on to others especially as he makes great play in stating 'how much he loves to be out there on the training ground with the lads'. What the feck Kean, Black and one other will do is beyond me.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of senior management departures either within the next week.

IMO, little has or will change - all we are seeing is Shebby putting himself about a bit trying to justify his huge, huge salary !

is Brunskill leaving or will it be on the 1st coaching staff, Black, Brunskill and Hendry???

So Shabby now the voice of the club - is this the masterplan to take attention off the fact that we still have a lying illegitimate as manager?

Think your right John. Were hearing his ###### now instead of kean saying it

But did he ?

Not according to Andy Cryer in the LT last Thursday who quotes Shabby as stating that "Transfer funds are available and within the next one week we will have at least two signings".

I still have the paper here.....1 line it says we will have 2, another line later on it says he's hopeful.

I said when he was appointed and I stand by it that Shebby is not that bad of an appointment, in fact it's probably the best and most significant one Venky's have made.

I believe he holds a lot of power at the club which is very bad news for kean. Last season, kean was top dog and was the direct link between India and rovers. This leads to a complete package of lies from kean to Venky's and Venky's believed him. We all know Shebby doesn't rate kean and I have no doubt if we don't start the season well Shebby will tell Venky's a change is needed. I have a feeling they will listen to Shebby.

He seems very happy to speak to the press, fans and sponsors. That certainly makes a change from last season's silence.

He seems to actually be able to tie deals up unlike the charade last season.

Early days but I've been impressed so far.

I said when he was appointed and I stand by it that Shebby is not that bad of an appointment, in fact it's probably the best and most significant one Venky's have made.

I believe he holds a lot of power at the club which is very bad news for kean. Last season, kean was top dog and was the direct link between India and rovers. This leads to a complete package of lies from kean to Venky's and Venky's believed him. We all know Shebby doesn't rate kean and I have no doubt if we don't start the season well Shebby will tell Venky's a change is needed. I have a feeling they will listen to Shebby.

He seems very happy to speak to the press, fans and sponsors. That certainly makes a change from last season's silence.

He seems to actually be able to tie deals up unlike the charade last season.

Early days but I've been impressed so far.

good post with some points made.

early stages so far but at least he is talking to people

He's Venkys mouth piece, a joke figure in his own country, how anyone can give any credit to him or Venkys is beyond me. He was calling for Keans head a few weeks back, now he's publically backing him, says it all, another one on the gravy train, in it for the money, don't fall for it.

GAV, it's worth remembering that Rovers are no longer on the gravy train. We are a championship now, definitely not a gravy train. Plus, we seem likely to plough a significant amount of money generated from sales back into player recruitment. I certainly didn't expect that to happen. I thought big sales, bargain basement players and Venky's pocket the profit.

Btw, this is shebby's official twitter, could be worth keeping an eye on.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shebbysingh#shebbysingh

So because we are not on the gravy train means you appoint people with no experience doing that role before? (or having any experience of working at a football club)

Plus he has a truly awful reputation as a pundit and little/no playing experience of any note.

Due to his last role (TV pundit), you would expect him to be a 'smooth operator'.

Have generally found that those offering 'style' have little 'substance' and many are easily taken in by that !

Not being cynical but anyone taking Shebby's role should, IMO, have fired Kean on day one as everything about Kean, and his record / behaviour, IMO, screams of incompetence and much worse.

Shebby, IMO, failed when the starting gun was fired.

The fact Kean is being allowed to start the season at all says everything.

Just remember the feverish sense of excitement THAT Thursday/Friday when the 'sacked' Tweets were emerging.

Season Ticket sales could have been acceptable, we could have had a chance to make a decent start under a new manager, now we are to feel 'positive' that some bloke from Asia is saying the 'right things' in meetings? (where have we heard that before)?

Kean still being here is completely unacceptable and until he's removed these people's motives cannot be trusted, AT ALL.

The fact he is an awful pundit does not bother me neither does the fact he didn't have a great playing career. Having no experience of running a club is a concern but kean was running the club last year and that is not right. He had far too much power.

Paul hunt and Simon hunt have experience of running a club but we're pretty useless partly because Venky's didn't listen to or respect them. The fact that Venky's have now entrusted someone to run the club is a positive. I will give him a fair chance and believe he has made a promising start. Obviously kean still remains but for the first time I genuinely think he will be under huge pressure next season.

Due to his last role (TV pundit), you would expect him to be a 'smooth operator'.

Have generally found that those offering 'style' have little 'substance' and many are easily taken in by that !

Not being cynical but anyone taking Shebby's role should, IMO, have fired Kean on day one as everything about Kean, and his record / behaviour, IMO, screams of incompetence and much worse.

Shebby, IMO, failed when the starting gun was fired.

I'm with you on this M=Man.Its going to take alot more than Venkys appointing some guy out the middle of nowhere straight into Ewood to flannel us all.If they really wanted to get us onside they should have listened or at least acknowledged the very many people with Rovers at heart who have tried to get in touch with them.they have plainly ignored everyone.So i'm afraid for a hell of alot of Rovers fans this regime have shot their bolt long ago and no matter what they do they will never get most of them back.

Its like saying, ''sorry i killed your best mate and then jumped over all him but i shouldn't have done.Sorry can we be friends''??

they should do the honourable thing and apologise and say we are leaving it was all a regrettable mistake.

Be interesting to hear what Wayne made of it all.

All we can do is wait and see if things are going to get better,so far the owners seem to be trying to run the club better than they have done for the last 18months or so,signings seem to be happening or at least offers are being made behind doors.They seem to be putting a management structure in place and it seems we are getting information and feedback from them or their representatives .Whether these strategies work or not.....who knows?.The main thing is be it good or bad at least we are now hearing what is going on ,the deafening silence IMO did as much damage as Kean.

Archived