BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

I am also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now - as a pundit it is his job to be controversial, so will allow him a little on some of his more ridiculous previous statements. The main daft thing, I have seen, that he has said since his appointment was the Kean got Fulham promoted. To be honest I will left him off that one - as we all know where he got that nugget from, will he learn from that - only time will tell.

Yes but when you're in a high profile job like that, you do this thing called research before going on the telly making a fool of yourself. It doesn't bode well for the decisions he'll be making behind the scenes as he's shown how flippant he is with things like "basic facts" and "the truth".

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is thought that up to eight of Rovers' first-team squad are looking to leave, including Junior Hoilett, Ayegbeni Yakubu, Scott Dann and Paul Robinson.

Singh told the Lancashire Telegraph: "We do not want to lose anyone but, under the circumstances, if there are players that we cannot hang on to then we will have to let them go."

Singh went on to reveal how extra emphasis could be placed on youth this term.

"I think the time has come now to reward the boys who have come through from the academy," he added. "We are going to build from within and it is time we did that."

This is the same man who says we are targeting promotion this coming season......fookin frightening!!

He said: “I have read a club in China are interested in Yakubu. I will tell Yak he is too young to go into a retirement home. He can still contribute and go to China in a few seasons"

This quote made me chuckle. I would love it if he actually addressed yakubu as 'Yak'.........

Has anyone checked he actually has the legal rights to work in the Uk.

I'd also be interested to know when and where the job was advertised, in order than Eligiable UK citizens were ruled out of the process first?

Has anyone got enough knowledge of our non-EU migration policy, to give a definitive answer on this, or although UK based, will he be employed technically in India?

He was on the radio this morning and I have to say he gave a better interview than on Sky Sports. No BS and he seemed apologetic and admitted mistakes had been made, which I think is the first time (that anyone at the club has admitted that).

I don't know what it was that hit a high note with me, but just the fact that someone had the balls to say that without being scared of being fired made me a bit happier.

He did say 'hopefully' - so lets play fair.....he has 1.....which by our slow standards in previous windows isnt bad!

That's fair enough I guess, I was just checking though!!

This SIngh guy seems to at least be making some sort of progress...

He did say 'hopefully' - so lets play fair....

But did he ?

Not according to Andy Cryer in the LT last Thursday who quotes Shabby as stating that "Transfer funds are available and within the next one week we will have at least two signings".

But did he ?

Not according to Andy Cryer in the LT last Thursday who quotes Shabby as stating that "Transfer funds are available and within the next one week we will have at least two signings".

I thought this but didn't have the quote/evidence to back it up!

What station was he on?

The Bee.

He also said he was meeting with Wayne Wild to start afresh and clear the air, and said he hoped the fans would forgive but he didn't expect them to forget.

The Bee.

He also said he was meeting with Wayne Wild to start afresh and clear the air, and said he hoped the fans would forgive but he didn't expect them to forget.

Venkatesh actually said similar things in his full interview with Sky. Something along the lines of "we have made mistakes, we know and accept the fans are unhappy and angry, we were not pleased with the situation and are determined to set it right and get the club back into the Premier League". It's good to hear this sort of thing, but ultimately, actions will speak louder than words.

Yes but the fact that he proactively wants to meet with a major stand sponsor to sort things out when Paul Hunt and co postponed meeting after meeting gives me a bit of hope that he has been given some power and is trusted by Venky's to use it. Can only bode well if his relationship with Kean sours. Will be interesting to see who wins that power struggle.

I'd say he came across a lot better than Venkatesh. It's just a shame you can't listen to it on The Bee website as I've only got memory to go off and I was half asleep this morning.

Venkatesh actually said similar things in his full interview with Sky. Something along the lines of "we have made mistakes, we know and accept the fans are unhappy and angry, we were not pleased with the situation and are determined to set it right and get the club back into the Premier League". It's good to hear this sort of thing, but ultimately, actions will speak louder than words.

Been away for a couple of weeks, but from what I've read since I came back they're continuing in exactly the same direction as they have since they took the club over.

Until this lot get the hell out of here, we'll continue on a downward spiral to nowhere.

The Bee.

he hoped the fans would forgive but he didn't expect them to forget.

this hits the spot for me because the fans will never forgive and never forget. even if coco and wankies departed our club it would live long long in the memories of all rovers fans for what they have done to us.

Something inside my head made me think Kean won't be around for much longer. He's obviously playing "bad cop" to Venky's "good cop" routine with Kean. But maybe it's just wishful thinking that he's been put in place to sack him.

Something inside my head made me think Kean won't be around for much longer. He's obviously playing "bad cop" to Venky's "good cop" routine with Kean. But maybe it's just wishful thinking that he's been put in place to sack him.

That is my opinion also!

This clown gets no benefit of the doubt from me i'm afraid. Anyone who changes his opinion so quickly, purely because of who is employer is clearly has no integrity.

I don't buy the whole "Well it was my job so I had to be critical" .. .that's garbage, it wasn't being critical at all, it was true. Now suddenly because you're sipping from the same teet as Kean it's all rosey? Pfft.... the sooner we cleanse the club of this entire regime the better, the bridges have already been burnt.

I'm praying it was diplomacy rather than just "towing the line" and have to hope that Kean will get canned.

Course I'd rather someone else buy the club but if they do it's got to be someone who wants the best for the club rather than their own pockets.

Archived