SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shebby needs his own thread: Shebby Says

The guy will be phoning Nixon, Andy Cryer and SSN daily with his views on Rovers, all things football, The Eurozone financial situation, inflation in the Isle of Man, the abolition of slavery, knitting patterns and latest hairstyles, in fact everything as its in his remit as Global Adviser.

His quotes in the weeks to come will become legend.

He will walk the ''Idiot of the Year'' awards and Karl Pilkington will be a poor second.

Karl Pilkington is no idiot.

Another muppet added to the cast. Blackburn Rovers FC is being gang raped by kermit and co.

Grrrr no insulting Kermit and the muppets they are at least likable charactors unlike our very own Venkys. I would rather have Miss Piggy over Mrs D any day of the week, Kermit wins every time over kean when it comes to management and Agnew v Rizzo is a no contest, Animal v the Bodyguard again no contest and gonzo has far more to offer than Serbgeth 'Shebby' Singh will ever.

I take it shabby will do all pre and post match pressers until the Big Sam legal thing has blown over.

This guy spouts such outragous garbage i'm sure if a media guy actually had the sense to pose a meaningful question in regards to the crook allegation he'd only to happily get his shovel out and make the hole deeper, malaysians do seem to love match fixing.

Another way of looking at this turkey's appointment:

He may be talking s**t - but at least he's talking. With Singh for all intents and purposes representing the owners and being based in the UK (at least I believe this to be the case) then it will be much more difficult for Venkys to dodge the difficult questions when Kean inevitably makes a complete mess of everything this season. Being a pundit he's more than willing to court the attention of the media, and Agnew will only be able to shut down journalism to a certain extent.

He may be talking s**t - but at least he's talking. With Singh for all intents and purposes representing the owners and being based in the UK (at least I believe this to be the case) then it will be much more difficult for Venkys to dodge the difficult questions when Kean inevitably makes a complete mess of everything this season. Being a pundit he's more than willing to court the attention of the media, and Agnew will only be able to shut down journalism to a certain extent.

be interesting watching them tie themselves in knots

Agreed, and you have more eloquently described what I was trying to say about Shebby Singh yesterday.

Should just about cover Keans trips to India this season

It could cover absolutely anything. Keans taxis? Myles and Brunos wages? Buying the silence of those who have left? Gambling debts? New players? The cost of last years trip to Pune? The cost of living? The short fall in ST sales? A good night out with the FA, Premier League, The Football League and The Mirror? The General Managers sabbatical? Keans silence? Agents fees? Maybe, for those of you with long memories, some money for those at BAE who lost their jobs (cause Mrs Desai really cares)? Storage of banners? Agents acting lessons? Extraction of gobshites from Malaysia?

Honestly, it could be absolutely anything, but in all probability none of the above. Obviously.

It could cover absolutely anything. Keans taxis? Myles and Brunos wages? Buying the silence of those who have left? Gambling debts? New players? The cost of last years trip to Pune? The cost of living? The short fall in ST sales? A good night out with the FA, Premier League, The Football League and The Mirror? The General Managers sabbatical? Keans silence? Agents fees? Maybe, for those of you with long memories, some money for those at BAE who lost their jobs (cause Mrs Desai really cares)? Storage of banners? Agents acting lessons? Extraction of gobshites from Malaysia?

Honestly, it could be absolutely anything, but in all probability none of the above. Obviously.

Or we could 'lend' it to that lovely honest Hendry chap! Why didn't I think of that?

This is by an Indian jounalist for the 'The Asian Age' - an Indian daily newspaper.

Yet another shocker by Venky's

''Blackburn Rovers recently appointed Shebby Singh as the Director of Football. The appointment shows the sad decline of a club which is one of only five teams to have won the English Premier League.............It’s almost as if Anuradha Desai was watching a match on ESPN and thought, ‘Hmmm, this guy thinks Steven Gerrard should play at right-back, what innovative thinking, let’s make him responsible for our transfers.''

http://www.asianage.com/football/yet-another-shocker-venky-s-910

The paper has a branch office in Mumbai and are obviously not pro Venky's.

On the web page there's a photo of Shebby by an advert ''Reclaim Your Brain'' - I know the ads can change but it was classic.

I am also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now - as a pundit it is his job to be controversial, so will allow him a little on some of his more ridiculous previous statements. The main daft thing, I have seen, that he has said since his appointment was the Kean got Fulham promoted. To be honest I will left him off that one - as we all know where he got that nugget from, will he learn from that - only time will tell.

Before we all start thinking that Shabby Singh is the new Messiah lets remember one or two things..

Shabby Singh has no experience of professional football in England. He has no experience of football played above the standard in Asia which probably equates to non-league football and his only involvement was as a player. He has no experience of running a football club or any experience of the day to day activities involved in running a professional football club. He has no experience of transfer dealings and the complexities of dealing with players and their agents. As far as I know he has no business training or experience.

Agnew was a part time PR consultant at the club who apparently is regarded by the media as one of the worst PR men in the Premier League. He has no experience of running a multimillion pound professional football club. (OK he was CEO at Preston 15+ years ago but their club was not the size of Rovers and business is a lot more complex now than it was then). His only apparent qualification for the job is his friendship with Kean.

Kean is a proven failure as a manager with one (if not the worst) managerial records in the Premier League. He has consistently demonstrated his inability to organise and motivate players. He has consistently been out thought and out fought by the opposing manager. (You just need to look at his record with regard to scoring more goals than the oppostion in the second half).

Keans bodyguard is an inexperienced stadium manager. As consultant is will probably be on a significantly higher 'salary' than the previous incumbant whilst devoting significantly less time to the job.

Venkys have consistently tried to do everything on the 'cheap'. They refused to sack Kean and put money into the club in January which for a realatively small cost (against what it will now cost to build a successful promotion club) to save Premier League status and benefit from the significant increase in income from 2013/2014 season. So why will they now fund what is required for a realistic pronotion challenge lead by an experienced and knowledgeable manager.

There is no doubt that the 'better' players will leave. Mainly because of the relegation clauses in their contracts but in reality because they now realise what an idiot the manager is. This will leave a bunch of players without the ability or motivation to do well for the club or manager. (We may have one or two decent youngsters but their actual ability has been oversold by Kean to the Venkys. Are Lowe and Hanly really Premier League players). As for incomers, for 'experience' substitute 'over the hill, well past their best, players looking for their final big payday'.

The Club has consistently and effectively driven a wedge between the club and fans so that there is now no realationship or any prospect (under the current ownership) of rebuilding it.

Right that is enough of being positive I will now try to think of something negative to say in my next post.

Before we all start thinking that Shabby Singh is the new Messiah lets remember one or two things..

Shabby Singh has no experience of professional football in England. He has no experience of football played above the standard in Asia which probably equates to non-league football and his only involvement was as a player. He has no experience of running a football club or any experience of the day to day activities involved in running a professional football club. He has no experience of transfer dealings and the complexities of dealing with players and their agents. As far as I know he has no business training or experience.

Agnew was a part time PR consultant at the club who apparently is regarded by the media as one of the worst PR men in the Premier League. He has no experience of running a multimillion pound professional football club. (OK he was CEO at Preston 15+ years ago but their club was not the size of Rovers and business is a lot more complex now than it was then). His only apparent qualification for the job is his friendship with Kean.

Kean is a proven failure as a manager with one (if not the worst) managerial records in the Premier League. He has consistently demonstrated his inability to organise and motivate players. He has consistently been out thought and out fought by the opposing manager. (You just need to look at his record with regard to scoring more goals than the oppostion in the second half).

Keans bodyguard is an inexperienced stadium manager. As consultant is will probably be on a significantly higher 'salary' than the previous incumbant whilst devoting significantly less time to the job.

Venkys have consistently tried to do everything on the 'cheap'. They refused to sack Kean and put money into the club in January which for a realatively small cost (against what it will now cost to build a successful promotion club) to save Premier League status and benefit from the significant increase in income from 2013/2014 season. So why will they now fund what is required for a realistic pronotion challenge lead by an experienced and knowledgeable manager.

There is no doubt that the 'better' players will leave. Mainly because of the relegation clauses in their contracts but in reality because they now realise what an idiot the manager is. This will leave a bunch of players without the ability or motivation to do well for the club or manager. (We may have one or two decent youngsters but their actual ability has been oversold by Kean to the Venkys. Are Lowe and Hanly really Premier League players). As for incomers, for 'experience' substitute 'over the hill, well past their best, players looking for their final big payday'.

The Club has consistently and effectively driven a wedge between the club and fans so that there is now no realationship or any prospect (under the current ownership) of rebuilding it.

Right that is enough of being positive I will now try to think of something negative to say in my next post.

exactly

well said

I am also willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now - as a pundit it is his job to be controversial, so will allow him a little on some of his more ridiculous previous statements. The main daft thing, I have seen, that he has said since his appointment was the Kean got Fulham promoted. To be honest I will left him off that one - as we all know where he got that nugget from, will he learn from that - only time will tell.

You're a bit too accommodating I think. You'll end up disappointed again.

It is just more stand up comedy at our Club-this guy even looks like Groucho Marx's younger brother and makes about as much sense. If we appoint Blackadder as commercial director we will have a complete set.

+1

Another positive, we are about to sign an overage, slow midfielder who will be able to keep (Get Real) Dunn company in the medical centre, truly a motivational and inspired signing.

It is just more stand up comedy at our Club-this guy even looks like Groucho Marx's younger brother and makes about as much sense. If we appoint Blackadder as commercial director we will have a complete set.

250px-David_Brent_111.jpg

Keano - in full bullsh1t mode

groucho2-sm.jpg

Shabby

tv_alan_partridge_01.jpg

Aggers - A Ha!!

Very good, well thought out post Mr Kendal.

I'm prepared to give Singh a chance BUT he's already at the bottom of a bloody huge hole he's dug for himself and he's still holding a shovel. It'll take some getting out of.

As for Venky's and Kean, they're at the bottom of a coal mine they've dug for themselves. It'll take something of Chilean miners propotions to get out of that one. Better for all concerned to just fill the mine in with them down there.

Archived