BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinions on Shebby appear to be divided.

Cryer and Wild appear to like what they've heard, well that's their prerogative.

Actions speak louder than words in my book and the fact that Kean remains in situ, IMO, says it all.

Just how can any rational operator defend or justify Kean's position ?

As Gav said, "don't fall for it".

So you honestly believe he could come straight in the job and sack Kean??? No chance.....No way would they allow that after giving him a chance.

He has to get his feet under the table before he tries to pull of major moves like that, surely people can see that.

You just have to hope/ pray that they are trying to take the right steps.....a proper link between club & owners, rather than Kean....new club secretary, talking with sponsors/ fan groups, early signings etc......Its all we have left (Hope) as they aint going anywhere, the club ISNT for sale.....That is clear!

No way would they allow that? Aye, crazy idea getting rid.

Secretaries, cosy chats means bugger all if the most reviled single figure in our history is stil there- his tenure has cost the club millions and lost us thousands of ST holders.

it is all lip service until he is potted.

So you honestly believe he could come straight in the job and sack Kean??? No chance.....No way would they allow that after giving him a chance.

He has to get his feet under the table before he tries to pull of major moves like that, surely people can see that.

You just have to hope/ pray that they are trying to take the right steps.....a proper link between club & owners, rather than Kean....new club secretary, talking with sponsors/ fan groups, early signings etc......Its all we have left (Hope) as they aint going anywhere, the club ISNT for sale.....That is clear!

Absolutely.

If this guy meant business and was serious about the job, IMO, he would have demanded such authority and such an action would have immediately lanced the carbunkle and given him street cred..

The rest is periphery.

IMO, until one of the root causes of our problems is removed, we've no chance.

Too soft Hughesy.

hollow words, no way will i forgive let alone forget, absolutely no chance, i will not accept venkys or kean even if we go back up, people should revise their opinions on venkys when these things are put into action not based on some media numpty's interviews, singh is living in a dreamland.

He's Venkys mouth piece, a joke figure in his own country, how anyone can give any credit to him or Venkys is beyond me. He was calling for Keans head a few weeks back, now he's publically backing him, says it all, another one on the gravy train, in it for the money, don't fall for it.

Too many sheep, sorry chickens about today.

Wayne Wild director of Blackburn sponsor WEC on twitter -

"

Open and construction meeting with @shebbysingh this am. We had a frank discussion about many issues. He has a chance to make a difference.

Something has to change. His ideas and views make sense and he approached me to open dialogue. It's hard not to be wary but he has authority

so if he's allowed to make big decisions then maybe, just maybe, it might be the first shoots to opening dialogue again."

"I found him articulate, intelligent and in touch with all the main issues. He spoke professionally, honestly and says he had power to change

things that need to be changed. We all have our own views and he will need some time to apply them. Results will be the main barometer of

any success. Various changes and improvements will be added soon that he hopes will be fruitful. Personally I would give him a fair chance"

"I gave him the direct facts, asked him strong questions and he answered them all without hesitation. Some things were in confidence but at

least he trusted me enough to answer without veiled answers. Only time and results will matter. Hopefully a route to dialogue is open.

If he wasn't bothered" (about the fans) "he wouldn't have contacted me. First proactive move from any BRFC associate with any (hopefully) power".

Actions speak louder than words obviously. Everyone wants Venky's to leave but if they are staying and we can't force them to go then I have no problem with them making some non-stupid decisions.

A small glimmer of hope? Maybe.

Do I believe anything will happen? I'll reserve judgement on that.

It's hard not to be cynical after all that's gone on.

edit: The cynic in me has arisen once more....

Is this an attempt to circumvent any action that has/will come about by all the meetings with the powers that be?

Again, time will tell.

After reading Wayne Wild's twitter feed it looks as though progress has been made. Lets not get to giddy because so far all we have had is words but that is a step in the right direction.

Lets not forget that Mr Wild is part of a group that is trying to get Venkys to sell the club so if he is now prepared to give him a chance then I see that as a (hate to use this word but) positive.

I don't think I have ever felt as low as what I did after the Wigan game, it looked like there was no hope whatsoever, not even a glimmer. Andy Cryer (who I consider to be the closest reporter to to the club) was bringing us daily news of doom and gloom but in the last week or so there seems to be a slightly different vibe around the place.

Like I said there is a long (long long x 100000) way to go but hopefully things are moving in a slightly different (and hopefully better) direction.

I have to agree with Hughesy. I'm sure Shebby would have loved to have come in and fired Kean - we all know what his feelings are about Kean. I would imagine that on condition of taking the job, Shebby was told by Mrs D that Kean gets a clean slate and is judged on what he does from now on rather than what he did last season. I don't agree with Mrs D's thinking on that one but that is what I believe to be the case.

You could argue Shebby should have told them to stick their job.

so did Wayne ask him the one all important question - Why is Kean still here?

Absolutely, nail on head.

It's incredible that some people don't see this as a huge factor in the demise of Rovers.

Wild has his opinions, just like the rest of us, and is a busy bee, however, the supporters of Rovers are more than capable of making their own judgements and do not need leading by Wild.

Amen to that. Wild has his own agenda whereas the agenda of EVERY true Rovers fan should be ridding our wonderful club of the tumours. First Kean then Venkys

Wayne's "agenda" would cover both wouldn't it?

Wayne's "agenda" would cover both wouldn't it?

In an ideal world, but don't paint him to be some kind of messiah. He's human and will have his own angle and what he can get for himself

I shoud have said the only agenda

GAV, it's worth remembering that Rovers are no longer on the gravy train. We are a championship now, definitely not a gravy train. Plus, we seem likely to plough a significant amount of money generated from sales back into player recruitment. I certainly didn't expect that to happen. I thought big sales, bargain basement players and Venky's pocket the profit.

Btw, this is shebby's official twitter, could be worth keeping an eye on.

https://mobile.twitt...ngh#shebbysingh

I have to disagree, we have a ‘manager’ who is a lower league coach at best, pulling in a report 800k a year, if that’s not being on the gravy train then nothing is.

On Singh, how on earth can you be anything other than in this for the money, when the man you’re working with, you’ve criticized and said should be sacked? What kind of working relationship can these two fools have? Simply they can’t have one, it’s laughable and both will become very rich on the back of this.

I have to agree with Hughesy. I'm sure Shebby would have loved to have come in and fired Kean - we all know what his feelings are about Kean. I would imagine that on condition of taking the job, Shebby was told by Mrs D that Kean gets a clean slate and is judged on what he does from now on rather than what he did last season. I don't agree with Mrs D's thinking on that one but that is what I believe to be the case.

You could argue Shebby should have told them to stick their job.

Thats exactly what he should have done, thats what I would have done.

All we can truely say about Singh is that he talks a good game.

We have to give any new person a chance. Now in saying that, if (and its a big if) he can sack kean he must do so and as soon as possible.

As many have said actions is what matters here and so lets see what actions he takes.

If he truely dosen't rate kean (and who could) then surely its only a matter of convincing the big chicken cow.

He may be doing so. I think with regards to his appointment judgement must be held until the season starts and then lets see. But make no mistake the bald fat monkey must be removed from the club completely.

Results will be the barometer? What, the last 18 months isn't enough?

By the time Kean will be gone, IF he goes, it'll be too late, we'll either be staring at another season in the championship (best case) or dropping down to League 1 (worst case)

I don't see the point in giving him a chance, he's shown he isn't up to the task, we're just wasting time. Oh wait, I forgot, he got Fulham promoted didn't he Shebby?

All we can truely say about Singh is that he talks a good game.

We have to give any new person a chance. Now in saying that, if (and its a big if) he can sack kean he must do so and as soon as possible.

As many have said actions is what matters here and so lets see what actions he takes.

If he truely dosen't rate kean (and who could) then surely its only a matter of convincing the big chicken cow.

He may be doing so. I think with regards to his appointment judgement must be held until the season starts and then lets see. But make no mistake the bald fat monkey must be removed from the club completely.

I've accepted that Shebby is in situ and will be given a chance - by Venky's - what the fans think is unfortunately irrelevant.

IMO he's the 'friendly' face that will be used with the fans - Venkys, Kean and Agnew all know they are actively disliked by a lot of fans and will be happy for Shebby to shoulder the responsibility.

Shebby will revel in the limelight - he truly believes that he is brilliant (as does Kean). If he has any real influence with the Venkys then a showdown with Kean is only a matter of time. Their personalities will collide for sure.

The above will hold true if Shebby has taken his job thinking he really is the Global Adviser on all matters. If he's just taken it for the limelight and better money then he'll just do whatever he's told - I know not by whom!!!

I do think that any person in management worth their salt would come into a company and assess the staff personally before making far reaching decisions. I do wonder about the motivation of some posters on here and agendas. Give shebby Singh time to look, speak, watch and review before he is tagged as a puppet.

Archived