• Like it
    • Undecided
    • Don't like it
    • Hate it
    • Lee Grooby

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We wore the colours reversed like that on our 125th anniversary kit by kappa too, back in 2000... It was only worn for one match against wolves I think, there were 1875 individually numbered replicas on sale, I've still got mine.

I've still got mine as well. Doesn't feel quite right though putting it on with the halves that way round. A few beers, it'll feel right.

We should have Adidas, I mean @#/? Accy Stanley used to have Adidas instead of this nike crap...

It's not the template kit. Or at least not that one. You can tell from the pictures that the Rovers kit is quartered, with blue and white halves on the back as well, and thus not like the ones in that picture.

Wouldn't mind that varsity red and black as the away kit...

I've still got mine as well. Doesn't feel quite right though putting it on with the halves that way round. A few beers, it'll feel right.

We should have Adidas, I mean @#/? Accy Stanley used to have Adidas instead of this nike crap...

Accrington used to have Nike didn't they?

We wore the colours reversed like that on our 125th anniversary kit by kappa too, back in 2000... It was only worn for one match against wolves I think, there were 1875 individually numbered replicas on sale, I've still got mine.

That must have been the worst shirt we've ever worn. At least we won the game though.

Rovers fans are a moaning lot when it comes to kits

My friends who support bigger teams are incredibly jealous of the kits we've had for the the past two seasons. We were v lucky to be able to get good quality shirts with no horrible plastic sponsor ruining it like nearly every other club. Not may clubs are afforded the opportunity to buy an unspoilt shirt

My friends who support bigger teams are incredibly jealous of the kits we've had for the the past two seasons. We were v lucky to be able to get good quality shirts with no horrible plastic sponsor ruining it like nearly every other club. Not may clubs are afforded the opportunity to buy an unspoilt shirt

Was hardly by design! It's cos we were too @#/? to be able to get a kit sponsor!

Are we? Most Rovers fans I know say we've got the best kit in the world and I'm not sure I've ever spoken to one who's reacted with heavy criticism to any of our home shirts. I mean looking at the poll for this one there's 120+ people who've already said they like it, that would be about 6-10 pages of compliments added to this thread if the votes were translated into post form. Personally I think we've been on a particularly good run of late. The Umbro ones in my opinion were all absolutely excellent, and at first glance this one looks decent as well.

I agree with those not overly keen on the splashes of red too, the pure blue and white looks so clean and classy.

It's got blue and white halves, the Rovers badge on, and the manufacturer's logo.

What's the beef??

These shirts cost upwards of £40. I think people should expect a little more bang for their buck than that!

• Moderation Lead

These shirts cost upwards of £40. I think people should expect a little more bang for their buck than that!

It's the same for every club though? I do think football shirts are grossly overpriced, and have been for a while, but most seem to like, and no doubt will buy...

I've got this season sponsorless shirt (a present) which is blue and white with no garish logo on it and as such will never ever go out of date so I will never have to buy one again.

Just need a reason to take it out of the packing now. ;)

This seems like Venkys have found the stock Nike kit so ended our sponsorship with our previous kit supplier and found a bargain at Nike to make maximum profit of the fans by asking Nike to slap a badge on the shirt and a pair of shorts and sell it for £42.99 then end up making about 300%+ profit on each shirt sold. Typical

This seems like Venkys have found the stock Nike kit so ended our sponsorship with our previous kit supplier and found a bargain at Nike to make maximum profit of the fans by asking Nike to slap a badge on the shirt and a pair of shorts and sell it for £42.99 then end up making about 300%+ profit on each shirt sold. Typical

Apart from the fact Nike owned Umbro, then sold it but retained the rights to kits themselves so the club ended up with Nike by default; your take is pretty accurate....

• Backroom

The shirt isn't the same as the stock ones and even if it was I imagine the profit margins are pretty similar anyway

In all honesty though, Nike has always been expensive, so its hardly surprising. However, with a relationship between owners and fans at a massive low, the least Venkys could have done, was subsidise the price of the kit for the 1st 3 months upon going on sale. In other words, if the kit retails at 42 pounds, then for the 1st 3 months, sell it at a reduced price. After that, then push back up to recoup some money, if whoever chooses to buy it.

Seriously, footy kits have costed £40-43 for years (apart from when we had the funny deal with Lonsdale). Nike isn't more expensive than Umbro, Adidas, Asics, Puma, whoever. Chorley's new kit is £39. All kits are overpriced, but it's not venkys who have done that!

Archived