BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Archer out for the summer - no surprise there - and Anderson has a groin problem. 

Crawley is a walking wicket, Bairstow will fail with the bat and drop crucial catches and missed stumpings, England will be about 30-3 as usual we will lose the first Test as per normal

All good so far

Why on earth have they dropped Foakes??

Play your best ‘keeper!

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having dispatched two of the lesser sides in the t20 with ease lancs could make a statement today vs notts. Even as a pessimist Lancs have a fairly formidable side on paper this season. In the unlikely/impossible event can get everyone available and fit. 

Salt, Buttler, Jennings, Wells/Croft, Mitchell, Livi, De grandholme, Gleeson, Wood, Saqib anc Parky. That would take some beating.

As a side note I was pretty miffed on Thursday the game was moved to the middle of the afternoon on a workday to accommodate the women giving them an evening slot. I wish they wouldn’t keep tagging on women’s stuff on to the mens game. Today a more favourable Saturday afternoon slot. Let women’s sport stand or fall on its own merits not riding the coattails of the men. 

The players jumping around in the Lancashire dressing room after a win is getting old and cringeworthy. Celebrate wins by all means, but singing and dancing after every T20 game win, has me looking over my shoulder making sure nobody is looking at my phone. 

• Like 1

Leach now ruled out of Ashes series with back injury. 

Anderson and Robinson have injury issues

Stokes obviously unlikely to bowl because of a knee problem

Archer ruled out for the summer (again)

And then there's the walking wicket (against decent bowlers) of Zack Crawley

Typical 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Leach now ruled out of Ashes series with back injury. 

Anderson and Robinson have injury issues

Stokes obviously unlikely to bowl because of a knee problem

Archer ruled out for the summer (again)

And then there's the walking wicket (against decent bowlers) of Zack Crawley

Typical 

Yes you do wonder how we are going to regularly take 20 wickets in this series 

The return of Salt, Livingstone and Buttler to the team has been an unmitigated disaster. 

For once I feel for the Lancashire hierarchy (who I usually criticise for not investing enough into the starting XI) - they must be tearing their hair out right now.

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The return of Salt, Livingstone and Buttler to the team has been an unmitigated disaster. 

For once I feel for the Lancashire hierarchy (who I usually criticise for not investing enough into the starting XI) - they must be tearing their hair out right now.

I don’t. They  have made some poor decisions. We needed a pace bowler as one of the overseas signings and Livingstone, whilst a very good player, is not a leader / captain.

Some of the team selections have also been a bit odd, eg Jones in T20.  Not his game.

Anyway, the Blackpool air has done the trick, as usual. We never lose here 🙂

Looking forward to Southport on Sunday for some proper cricket 😉

• Like 1

I don’t think this test championship bodes well for the summer. I can’t see us getting them out twice many times. Can’t argue with the results of “baz ball” but at the same time I can’t see it giving Starc, Cummings, hazelwood many sleepless nights. I’ve always thought it was a recipe for disaster and here we are 10 wins from 12 from 1 win in 16 or something proving me wrong but I still feel it’ll all come tumbling down like a house of cards. Just hopefully not vs this lot. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1

England have named their team for the first test which starts on Friday at Edgbaston. 

Crawley, Duckett, Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes, Bairstow, Ali, Robinson, Broad and Anderson. 

I wouldn't have picked Ali in the first place as he hasn't played red ball cricket for 2 years. I would have gone Will Jacks or Rehan Ahmed instead

18 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Presumably it will be the end of the classic Lancs out grounds when they build that new one in Leyland.

The Farington site is not intended as a replacement for the out grounds, although I guess there might be an odd game there. But it will of course be an out ground itself anyway.

14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

England have named their team for the first test which starts on Friday at Edgbaston. 

Crawley, Duckett, Pope, Root, Brook, Stokes, Bairstow, Ali, Robinson, Broad and Anderson. 

I wouldn't have picked Ali in the first place as he hasn't played red ball cricket for 2 years. I would have gone Will Jacks or Rehan Ahmed instead

Ali extends our batting line up. In theory that middle order can score very high, very quickly

The problem is we start 0-1 anyway, as any runs Crawley puts on the board are considered a bonus

The biggest travesty is Ben Foakes. A terrific wicket keeper and came in quite handy with the bat last year too. A lot of not outs with 30+ on the board

In my opinion, you may as well risk Bairstow opening and drop Crawley and bring in Foakes.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Ali extends our batting line up. In theory that middle order can score very high, very quickly

The problem is we start 0-1 anyway, as any runs Crawley puts on the board are considered a bonus

The biggest travesty is Ben Foakes. A terrific wicket keeper and came in quite handy with the bat last year too. A lot of not outs with 30+ on the board

In my opinion, you may as well risk Bairstow opening and drop Crawley and bring in Foakes.

lets see on Crawley. But McCullum as said he will never be consist player. 

on Foakes yes very harsh but Bairstow's batting is needed for me. None of the top 7 are droppable for me

Bairstow is best when he's attacking and batting at No 7 means if England are struggling he may have to shepherd the tail to a decent score , which is not his natural game.  No 7 is too low for him. 

Bringing back Ali is unlikely to work. His bowling average is Ashes matches is poor and his batting is very hot and cold. The lack of decent English spinners is worrying

Whatever the line-up England are more than likely to be 50-3, because they usually are, and it's also more than likely England will lose the first Test, because they are often poor starters in Ashes series.

It's important we beat this lot - there's nothing better in cricket. Nothing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Bairstow is best when he's attacking and batting at No 7 means if England are struggling he may have to shepherd the tail to a decent score , which is not his natural game.  No 7 is too low for him. 

Bringing back Ali is unlikely to work. His bowling average is Ashes matches is poor and his batting is very hot and cold. The lack of decent English spinners is worrying

Whatever the line-up England are more than likely to be 50-3, because they usually are, and it's also more than likely England will lose the first Test, because they are often poor starters in Ashes series.

It's important we beat this lot - there's nothing better in cricket. Nothing. 

Spot on @jim mk2 couldn’t agree more, will we win the Ashes in your opinion? 

I can’t see it myself, Archer could have swung the balance, but hope I’m wrong.