BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Penultimate ball was or should have been a wide. That would have meant a tie at least.

Plus that match-turning 1st ball run-out of Brooke. You really couldn't make it up!

I can't help thinking we got out to some daft strokes when the game was ours for the taking  eg Stokes, Foakes. 

However that was an incredible game and credit to NZ for turning it round.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, lsp82 said:

That was insane! Scoring 258 in a T20 and still losing! 

Absolute bash by both teams. I say bash and mean no disrespect, a lot of great proper cricket shots were also played.

It kept me enthralled throughout.

Highest run chase in T20i history and must be the highest total too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

The County Championship starts today. Lancs at home to current champions Surrey. Should be a good match up with Colin de Grandhomme and Daryl Mitchell signing for us and Sean Abbott and Kemar Roach joining Surrey. It’s also on Sky channel 416. Enjoy it 🏏

It’s also free and live on lancstv as are most games.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

1567C84C-339F-4DF5-B60C-603EDF3996DD.thumb.jpeg.ab8397fe123e4c3c007781796aa4f707.jpeg

OT has become a functional stadium and clearly geared more towards extracurricular activities such as the concerts and conferences. But by Christ with the red sheds, the scaffold monolith (when it’s erected) and this new eyesore it’s one of the ugliest stadiums in the world of any sport.

It speaks volumes about how they see the cricket side of things when after millions spent in redevelopment there still isn’t a ticket office fit for purpose 

OT really isn’t fit for purpose as a ground. If sit in stand A under the hotel there’s a bar open, a burger van and an ice cream van but the nearest toilets are under the point a decent walk away. For those under the point they have the reverse issues. Member can technically use the pavilion but the queues are ludicrous. When it’s a sellout they try to remedy the toilet situation this side with portaloos but never enough to cope with a sell out crowd. Plus it really shouldn’t be the go to move for a newly redeveloped ground.

Currently if arrive on the tram side there’s no entrance on Brian statham way and need to go onto Talbot road. Unless already have a ticket and can cut in through cafe Nero. My membership card (and most others as far as I can tell) still hasn’t arrived so even though can piss around downloading tickets on to that app getting the 15% off concessions is more hassle than it’s worth.

The last time I came for a sell out game the t20 quarters I ended up in the dreadful kiddie stand (stand b). After the match they didn’t open up the gates there and made everyone leave via the Brian Statham way exit where we bottle necked under stand A. I noticed today all those exits were open for the Man U fans getting off the tram so they could have a slurp pre match. Funny how those gates can open when it suits.

It really is like the cricket is an inconvenience 

16 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

Hants and Notts have gone off for tea with the scores level

I know there are rules but surely there’s common sense as well

Yeah cricket doesn’t help itself sometimes does it? I suppose they would argue that the heavens could open during the tea interval and for the rest of the game…

Be a good game for Lancashire to win today, to say the least!

2 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Yeah cricket doesn’t help itself sometimes does it? I suppose they would argue that the heavens could open during the tea interval and for the rest of the game…

Be a good game for Lancashire to win today, to say the least!

I did think about the rain thing afterwards but I still think it was a bit silly.

Another 42 runs needed by Lancs as of now - still all ten wickets in hand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

England's test squad to face Ireland has been released. Criminal treatment of Ben Foakes, who is exceptional with the gloves and shown himself pretty handy with the bat too

Meanwhile, Mr Knick-it-for-fun Crawley retains his spot

I do despair. In the Ashes you need to be able to rely on your wicky and there's no better than Foakes in England. Drop Crawley, let Bairstow play as a batter and keep Foakes in. Has to be the way to go

Archer out for the summer - no surprise there - and Anderson has a groin problem. 

Crawley is a walking wicket, Bairstow will fail with the bat and drop crucial catches and missed stumpings, England will be about 30-3 as usual we will lose the first Test as per normal

All good so far