BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

It looks like they have stuck to their original plan. It was always planned that Jimmy would sit this one out and Buttler would fly home for a rerst before the one dayers.

I don't think Jimmy's age has anything to do with it as everyone keeps saying that he is as fit as he's ever been. I just think they want to keep everyone fit. A full 5 dayer in Chennai must be very draining - I've been and know how hot it gets.

6 overs in, on day one and the top surface is already breaking up. The toss, won by India is massive. If they get a big score in their first innings it’s going to be very difficult for England.

Very early prediction from me - India to level series here.

15 minutes ago, den said:

😀 He had no idea he’d been bowled. Awful shot.

He's prone to that until he gets his eye in.

I think we need to build a big first innings lead because I wouldn't fancy chasing many in the fourth innings on that pitch.

I bet India didn't train on the square yesterday though! (Mowbray, you dick!)

12 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

This doesn’t look good. England will have to bat 4th on a poor pitch that is already turning and looks like it’s been prepared specially for Ashwin 

Alternatively, glass half full version: skittle them for 350ish either side of lunch.

Spend 5 or 6 sessions at the crease, averaging 80/90 runs a session, we won't need to bat again!

2-0 England, with Jimmy back for the third Test.

When was the last time a touring nation whitewashed the home nation in India? (dunno the answer btw, but I'm curious?)

I can't wait to get up at 4am!

COME ON ENGLAND!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Alternatively, glass half full version: skittle them for 350ish either side of lunch.

Spend 5 or 6 sessions at the crease, averaging 80/90 runs a session, we won't need to bat again!

2-0 England, with Jimmy back for the third Test.

When was the last time a touring nation whitewashed the home nation in India? (dunno the answer btw, but I'm curious?)

I can't wait to get up at 4am!

COME ON ENGLAND!!

I admire your optimism! We've come back well twice in this innings but the way the ball is turning does not bode well for us, especially batting last.

Not beyond us but it will take a very special effort.

10 minutes ago, 47er said:

I admire your optimism! We've come back well twice in this innings but the way the ball is turning does not bode well for us, especially batting last.

Not beyond us but it will take a very special effort.

I agree but hopefully we'll not be batting last.

Please (FFS) step up to the plate: Burns, Sibley & Lawrence. These 3 build the foundations for a decent score and we'll win (IMO)

The difference between this pitch and the one for the First Test is unreal. I'm certain Mowbray has had some form of influence in the preparation of this wicket!

We need to be patient and build a slow score for 2 or 3 sessions and could have done with that Yorkshire 'two hat' Boycott in his prime! Then let loose with the lower order. (Yeh, I know ever the optimist)

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Test cricket is simply the best, particularly when we're not doing bad at it!

Do you follow cricket? Have you played the game? England making a big score on that pitch against high class Indian spin bowlers is highly unlikely. It’s possible of course but historically the odds on an England victory from this position on the sub continent are very small. £5 on an India victory by an innings? 

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Do you follow cricket? Have you played the game? England making a big score on that pitch against high class Indian spin bowlers is highly unlikely. It’s possible of course but historically the odds on an England victory from this position on the sub continent are very small. £5 on an India victory by an innings? 

Morning Jim, pleasant as ever I note!.

Well I don't have a crystal ball, so I guess we'll just have to see, eh cocker?...

Moreover, I did hear that you're a fellow 'Old Black'? That being the case and seeing as you asked, do you have any of these?

Rhetorical question by the way, I know that I'm still the only person to have a full house!

IMG_0664.thumb.JPG.4e58d28874d71321358d65c8dcf2af6f.JPG

Edited by darrenrover

52-5 🤔? Make 120 and bat again?

I only ever played local 'pub' cricket (jim mk2) but tennis was my summer sport of choice, where I managed to play at county level until late teens, for my sins.

I've always loved watching cricket however, Tests in particular, I bow to your superior judgement 'James', how many caps did you get?

I'll keep my 'pearl diver' in my pocket, seeing as you didn't take me up on it. I still think that when 'the fat lady' eventually sings, it'll be 2-0 to the England!