BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

We have a Test series in India to contest before we go Down Under. After their heroics today, India will be on a massive high and England will need to show the same grit and determination to come anywhere near the standard India have attained this Test series.

I would like to think we can compete in certain areas of the game, but as someone has already stated, we need to decide who our opening pair are going to be. Also, as good a keeper Buttler is, I think he should be used as a batsman only. Who would then takes the gloves is open to discussion.

Edited by Riversider28

6 minutes ago, den said:

This innings Tyrone.

Sibley out for a duck, Crawley gone for 5.

in the 3 England innings so far in this Series Crawley has scored 9-8-5 and Sibley 4-2-0, Embuldeniya has nailed them every time

Edit: With reference to recently deleted posts the above stats clarify ''This' = ok Watson? ( Den - this comment is not in reference to you)

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, gumboots said:

On the other hand, how classy are Joe Root and James Anderson, with honourable mentions to Mark Wood and Johnny Bairstow

Very classy gumboots.

They were talking about Bairstow on commentary saying how he’s been dropped from every team he’s played at. They weren’t saying he should have been dropped, they were just pointing that out.

Thing is, when he’s struggling he looks totally lost, he looks like he’s never held a bat before. 

Ive seen him a number of times and to me he is a top, top performer. I love his application. He might not have that classy style of others, but he’s so very effective at what he does. 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I'm missing Geoffrey on TMS.

Michael Vaughan offers some respite for the Southern posh club, but not much....

Tuffers ain’t ‘posh’. Agnew’s from Leicester (though he is a bit posh).

Anyway, you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone...TalkSPORT have nabbed the radio rights for India. 😥

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Tuffers ain’t ‘posh’. Agnew’s from Leicester (though he is a bit posh).

Anyway, you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone...TalkSPORT have nabbed the radio rights for India. 😥

Public school boys, that’s posh in my book.

But I agree, TMS is much better than TalkSh1te, awful radio station, even worse at cricket coverage as West Indies tour showed.

Bring back Geoffrey. 

Terrific 6 wicket win for England today. Had a shock when I woke to a scoreboard that SL had been bowled out for 120-odd. 

Interesting stat as well. This is the first time in test match history that all the wickets in one innings were to seam and all the wickets in the other innings were to spin. 

India will be a much tougher proposition but with Stokes and Archer to come in, could be a close series.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Terrific 6 wicket win for England today. Had a shock when I woke to a scoreboard that SL had been bowled out for 120-odd. 

Interesting stat as well. This is the first time in test match history that all the wickets in one innings were to seam and all the wickets in the other innings were to spin. 

India will be a much tougher proposition but with Stokes and Archer to come in, could be a close series.

Yes, a good win In difficult conditions. Also, encouraging to see Sibley hit a half century after some poor displays in the previous innings and 1st Test. Crawley still struggling, not sure he will feature in India. Looking forward to the India Test series now with the England team in buoyant mood after this Series win.

21 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Yes, a good win In difficult conditions. Also, encouraging to see Sibley hit a half century after some poor displays in the previous innings and 1st Test. Crawley still struggling, not sure he will feature in India. Looking forward to the India Test series now with the England team in buoyant mood after this Series win.

India must be the number 1 Cricket nation at the moment. Even one test win there will be an achievement.

5 hours ago, gumboots said:

New Zealand are officially I think

Two tests against new Zealand announced for the start of June the venue chosen of egbaston and Lords suggest ecb banking on much reduced covid rates by then. Be surprised if this happens with new Zealand government policy unlikely to be okay travel to UK unless we have a grip on things with in four months