BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

134 all out. Ashwin far too good as predicted 

Heavy defeat on the cards. 

please send £5 to your favourite charity

✌️You didn't even have the good grace to 🤝.

Darwen Rangers JFC do you though? (even though I haven't lost, it would be with pleasure as always. Care to match it?)

Pitch not fit for 5 day test match. It was breaking up after 6 overs. All about the toss. If India had lost the toss there’s every chance they would have gone 2-0 down.

Write this one off, take it on the chin and move to the next test still level.

5 minutes ago, den said:

Pitch not fit for 5 day test match. It was breaking up after 6 overs. All about the toss. If India had lost the toss there’s every chance they would have gone 2-0 down.

I agree totally den but I fecking can't, can I? (what's the emoji for steam coming out of ears?)🤣

Edited by darrenrover

44 minutes ago, den said:

I'd say this game has been less about the toss than the first test. Batting on days 1 and 2 in the first test the pitch was very flat and nothing was on offer for the bowlers and then it really started to go the next 3 days. This test the ball has turned pretty much from the first ball bowled by a spinner. Sharma batted fantastically on day 1 and got India to a total well above par that has been the difference not the toss.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd say this game has been less about the toss than the first test. Batting on days 1 and 2 in the first test the pitch was very flat and nothing was on offer for the bowlers and then it really started to go the next 3 days. This test the ball has turned pretty much from the first ball bowled by a spinner. Sharma batted fantastically on day 1 and got India to a total well above par that has been the difference not the toss.

Totally agree with you.

Had we won the toss, it would be nailed on 2-0 to us. I wonder if Root checked whether or not the coin had heads either side?

1 hour ago, den said:

More about England bowling poorly and a brilliant skilful innings by Rohit plus Ashwin being in a different league to our spinners.  I don’t think we would have made anything like 330 batting first. It is a poor test match pitch though specially prepared to suit India 

Maybe you’re right guys. Rohit did bat well for sure. While the wicket was breaking up yesterday, it is disintegrating quickly - it will do once the top has gone. It would have been a worse wicket today for sure, but not that worse to explain the difference between the first innings scores. 

To have had any chance on this wicket though, England had to bat first. As I said after just half a dozen overs - if India got a big first innings score they would win the test match. 

Same could be said about the first Test - would England have won if India had had first use of that pitch?

Winning the toss, batting 1st and trying to make a big score seems to be the preferred tactics in Test cricket these days.

Root got a top edge to a sweep shot, didn't get over it and roll his wrists like Rohit who played the sweep beautifully right through his big innings.  It's hard to believe England will bat as badly again but India probably have enough runs on the board to declare now

58-3 🤔?

Lot's of 'whataboutery' involved in the assumption but, if we skittled India out for 100 to 150 this innings, could we possibly chase down 300 - 350 to go 2 up?

It would be a big ask admittedly, before I'd have to bow to @jim mk2's better judgement and superior knowledge, and it would be a mighty big ask.

Not beyond the realms of possibility though.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!......

https://dai.ly/x7ouo4z

Edited by darrenrover

176-6, I think I'm going to 'declare' as it's probably a bit too much of an ask now.

Well done @jim mk2, it would appear that you were quite correct. I'm on my way shortly to stick a tenner through Matt Pilkington's letter box as I said I would. (Darwen Rangers JFC).

One thing though James, seeing as you're such a stickler for questions being answered, would you be so kind as to take the trouble to answer at least one question that I have asked of you and back it up with some facts?

Given the benefit of hindsight and there remains questions unanswered, would I be correct in assuming you owe me a 'pearl diver' James?

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Edited by darrenrover

We're in deep shit. I can understand resting Jimmy Anderson but not Dominic Bess.

Given that Joffre was injured as well bowling wasn't strong enough.

And since we batted poorly in the first innings we forfeited any chance anyway.

Just got to play for some honour now and not give up wickets cheaply.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

We're in deep shit. I can understand resting Jimmy Anderson but not Dominic Bess.

Given that Joffre was injured as well bowling wasn't strong enough.

And since we batted poorly in the first innings we forfeited any chance anyway.

Just got to play for some honour now and not give up wickets cheaply.

Bess bowled like a drain in the first test. England stuffed here, 250 would be a good score batting 4th

some brainless bowling by moeen at the moment. Pitching far too short