BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Current Executive Management Structure, what is it?

Just contemplating matters Rovers, as I have an inclination to do on a regular basis, it must be a bloody illness and I must seek advice from my GP. Problem there is that he's a season ticket holder too!

It just crossed my mind that any successful team, not just on the field, starts with direction from the top and cascades down. Whilst all appears quiet on the western front so to speak, I know Shelf Bloke is still in situ in some capacity but what is the current operating board? Is Karen Silk still there for example?

Are we truly now a rudderless ship?.........

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that chaos at the top can trickle down and weakens the foundation of any business, including the Rovers. At a minimum it's a distraction and at it's worse it's destabilizing.

The more I think about it the more I have a bit of understanding for the position the Raos find themselves. They live half a world away, they have many businesses scattered across the globe, they buy Rovers as an advertising vehicle, and the people they relied on (the Bald Scotsman, the Tantric Dancer, the Chief Mascot, and the Shelf Salesman) turned out to be clueless or worse. Who do they know in English football that is both knowledgeable and trustworthy? They had the best in the business (Williams, Finn, etc.) but unwittingly gave them up or forced them out due to bad advice from their not so knowledgeable and not so honest "friends". Who do they turn to now?

I think this more than anything explains Shelfie's survival to date. They don't know who to trust or to whom to turn. And their pride won't allow them to throw in the towel or reach out to those whom they unwittingly slighted (Williams, Finn, Parkes) each of whom would probably gladly assist them in getting the house into proper order. Shelfie, for all his faults, unequivocally threw himself on his sword in an effort to protect the owners, as compared to others (Chief Mascot) who played words games and then didn't even sign the document.

If I were offering them advice it would be to swallow their pride (aren't Hindus supposed to do that?) and reach out to Williams, Finn or Parkes. If they can't do it personally, do it through trusted intermediaries (what is MG Road up to these days?).

Unlike Mercerman, I don't think the Venkys will throw in the towel. Psychologically, they can't. They apparently have tons of pride and access to enough money to throw at the problem and maintain status quo so they don't have to admit a mistake. And if they don't have to gain promotion (though I think they want to), all they must need do is maintain the status quo, avoid further relegation, and hope that the Rovers drop off the public radar so their pride is not affronted further.

If I'm right, the only long term solution is for them to find people who have both their heads and hearts in the right place to take over day to day management. Their track record to date has not been stellar. I think things could improve if only they'd reach out, indirectly, to those who have a history of protecting the Rovers instead of looting the club's coffers.

Still serving her notice, if she spends any longer serving her notice, she will be eligible for a long service award, whilst serving her notice.

She seems to have been serving her notice for years. Will she get a retirement package before she finishes it?

I agree that chaos at the top can trickle down and weakens the foundation of any business, including the Rovers. At a minimum it's a distraction and at it's worse it's destabilizing.

The more I think about it the more I have a bit of understanding for the position the Raos find themselves. They live half a world away, they have many businesses scattered across the globe, they buy Rovers as an advertising vehicle, and the people they relied on (the Bald Scotsman, the Tantric Dancer, the Chief Mascot, and the Shelf Salesman) turned out to be clueless or worse. Who do they know in English football that is both knowledgeable and trustworthy? They had the best in the business (Williams, Finn, etc.) but unwittingly gave them up or forced them out due to bad advice from their not so knowledgeable and not so honest "friends". Who do they turn to now?

I think this more than anything explains Shelfie's survival to date. They don't know who to trust or to whom to turn. And their pride won't allow them to throw in the towel or reach out to those whom they unwittingly slighted (Williams, Finn, Parkes) each of whom would probably gladly assist them in getting the house into proper order. Shelfie, for all his faults, unequivocally threw himself on his sword in an effort to protect the owners, as compared to others (Chief Mascot) who played words games and then didn't even sign the document.

If I were offering them advice it would be to swallow their pride (aren't Hindus supposed to do that?) and reach out to Williams, Finn or Parkes. If they can't do it personally, do it through trusted intermediaries (what is MG Road up to these days?).

Unlike Mercerman, I don't think the Venkys will throw in the towel. Psychologically, they can't. They apparently have tons of pride and access to enough money to throw at the problem and maintain status quo so they don't have to admit a mistake. And if they don't have to gain promotion (though I think they want to), all they must need do is maintain the status quo, avoid further relegation, and hope that the Rovers drop off the public radar so their pride is not affronted further.

If I'm right, the only long term solution is for them to find people who have both their heads and hearts in the right place to take over day to day management. Their track record to date has not been stellar. I think things could improve if only they'd reach out, indirectly, to those who have a history of protecting the Rovers instead of looting the club's coffers.

A very good summation of 'where we are at' .. IMHO.

The one or two on here who used to know a bit more about these things seem to have fled the board recently, or been gagged perhaps.

If they have any sense, they've probably binned this place off - times are tough enough without the constant torrent of negative posts, point scoring and b!tch fights that sadly seem the norm on here these days.

There ARE people who work for the club, and have been there for years, who have nothing but in interests of the club at heart. These are people who are experienced within football and would be able to point the owners in the right direction. The owners want the club to conform to their business model rather than the owners maintaining the status quo that they inherited back in December 2010 in terms of the management structure.

They want to do it their way, on based on the evidence of the past 30 months, on the cheap. We are nothing more than another arm in their business empire - no more, no less - and like any business, if it goes to the wall then so be it.

Management Structure BRFC 2013/14 season:

Desai

The two idiots

God

Singh - Global idiot

Various advisors / thieves

Racking Salesman - Local idiot

Bowyer

Bob there are several roles you have missed

Hendry - Coach & Granny Robber!

Kinder - Reserve Team Manager should be good for an egg at Easter!

McPhillips - Assistant manager good all-round nice guy good to have him,Kinder & Bowyer (honest people) amongst this collection of thieves & misfits. :D

According to the official website here's the lean mean dream team, (not guaranteed to be up to date, although same data as current on companies house website)

http://www.rovers.co.uk/club/whoswho/

p.s get well soon Burnley Bob protectfatieitus is a nasty disease, only last night watched your tribute speech to Jack walker at the funeral sure he's proud of you and what you have done for BRFC since the plan took over.

I see Mr Gandhi Babu is the finance and taxation man for Venky Hatcheries, he must be the main link between the club and parent co. What happened to the other Indian fella has he road off into the sunset with a nice payoff as well ?

Still serving her notice, if she spends any longer serving her notice, she will be eligible for a long service award, whilst serving her notice.

Haha yes it does seem to have been going on for a while... but if my memory serves me right the notice period is 3 months & she will be leaving in September.

Management Structure BRFC 2013/14 season:

Desai

The two idiots

God

Singh - Global idiot

Various advisors / thieves

Racking Salesman - Local idiot

Bowyer

:lol: :lol:

Very good, and not that far of the truth!

Bob there are several roles you have missed

Hendry - Coach & Granny Robber!

Kinder - Reserve Team Manager should be good for an egg at Easter!

McPhillips - Assistant manager good all-round nice guy good to have him,Kinder & Bowyer (honest people) amongst this collection of thieves & misfits. :D

Also Burnley Bob, the man without a tongue or testicles.

Not for long, she is working her notice.

Just for the point of clarity, it was reported in mid April, some 4 months ago, that Karen Silk had resigned and was working her notice. I wonder what is the current position?

I do know that she is highly regarded within the game and is probably the only proficient person left, assuming she's still there.......

Just for the point of clarity, it was reported in mid April, some 4 months ago, that Karen Silk had resigned and was working her notice. I wonder what is the current position?

I do know that she is highly regarded within the game and is probably the only proficient person left, assuming she's still there.......

I think there is some mystery surrounding Ms Silk's position. Rumoured she has had to take some time away from work fairly recently.

From all accounts, she is a very good operator. Throughout her career, she has on several occasions moved on to a bigger job. I think her role, as Finance Director, at the Rovers would test the resilience of most and try the patience of a saint.

I think there is some mystery surrounding Ms Silk's position. Rumoured she has had to take some time away from work fairly recently.

From all accounts, she is a very good operator. Throughout her career, she has on several occasions moved on to a bigger job. I think her role, as Finance Director, at the Rovers would test the resilience of most and try the patience of a saint.

Wholeheartedly agree.

If that is the case, is Derek Shaw now somewhat a Lone Ranger?

Ably supported of course by Bob Flemming's board summation in addition to Burnley Bob.

Heaven help us, no wonder players appear to lack motivation!

Archived