BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Tom

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chaddy lives in the World called " Football Monoply Game" . You don't play with real money and you certainly don't play with your own money.

I'll bet he still uses the word 'investment' when discussing club owners putting money into their clubs and financially blowing their brains out? ^_^

Surely only at Blackburn Rovers could fans complain at a proposed wage increase for the star player in an attempt to keep him out of predators' hands.

Firstly if it's a Nixon exclusive then odds are the story is a load of bobbins. However if there's anything in it then the real story behind the headlines is not that Rhodes would be getting a wage increase per se but the fact that presumably the owners would not be planning on letting us sink into administration or receivership in the foreseeable future despite our apparently grim financial position.

As another poster said above it would be a remarkable show of commitment by the owners in our current situation.

Surely only at Blackburn Rovers could fans complain at a proposed wage increase for the star player in an attempt to keep him out of predators' hands.

Firstly if it's a Nixon exclusive then odds are the story is a load of bobbins. However if there's anything in it then the real story behind the headlines is not that Rhodes would be getting a wage increase per se but the fact that presumably the owners would not be planning on letting us sink into administration or receivership in the foreseeable future despite our apparently grim financial position.

As another poster said above it would be a remarkable show of commitment by the owners in our current situation.

I think the point is his current value and wages would scare off any championship club and it doesnt matter what we make his wages, if a prem club comes calling then he will likely leave no matter what we pay him. Unless we pay him something off the charts

Your right about the owners though, it would signal some commitment, even if its possibly a bit weird and misguided

We did. We signed about ten didn't we?

Whether they're all good enough as a whole is very much a point for debate. I think for the money we've signed some superb players Spurr, Lowe, Cairney, Evans, some less so Marrow, Judge, Kilgallon, Marshall and the signing of Songoo seems a bit odd if he's not deemed good enough to play.

Whether they're all good enough as a whole is very much a point for debate. I think for the money we've signed some superb players Spurr, Lowe, Cairney, Evans, some less so Marrow, Judge, Kilgallon, Marshall and the signing of Songoo seems a bit odd if he's not deemed good enough to play.

Commitment ? My arse

What about all the players the owd hag bint has sold.

Rev in Lowe is a superb player shocker!!!!

Lol, who was I thinking of there? No-one. I meant Spurr, Evans, Cairney I think. Long alcohol befuddled weekend in anticipation of my 50th Birthday tomorrow.

May I, as someone who turned 50 in October, welcome you in advance to the 50 club.......wasn't looking forward to it, didn't celebrate it, but am comfortable in my older skin! Happy birthday!

Lol, who was I thinking of there? No-one. I meant Spurr, Evans, Cairney I think. Long alcohol befuddled weekend in anticipation of my 50th Birthday tomorrow.

Happy Birthday Simon. Dec 17th. Did you ever have a better one than 17/12/2000?

May I, as someone who turned 50 in October, welcome you in advance to the 50 club.......wasn't looking forward to it, didn't celebrate it, but am comfortable in my older skin! Happy birthday!

No doubt cos it's roomier. :tu:

he obviously learnt that in Scotland.

Can you imagine how many more goals he could possibly score IF, central midfielder J-Lo could pass to him in key positions. Then again the manager needs J-Lo to protect dippy Dann as best he can at the back.

Can you imagine how many more goals he could possibly score IF, central midfielder J-Lo could pass to him in key positions. Then again the manager needs J-Lo to protect dippy Dann as best he can at the back.

Can you imagine how many J-Lo would score if rhodes could hold it up and lay it off to the on rushing J-Lo? :blink:

**Disclaimer - this is oviously a joke before anyone goes into meltdown, as we all know JR cant hold it up** :xmas:

A joke it may be but it sums up the way that Lowe is lauded and Rhodes is lamented by the intelligentsia on here.

His team mates may appreciate his contribution but fans don't pay to watch Jason Lowe.

I think its two fold personally. I think lowe is lauded in defence of folk lamenting him. Likewise rhodes is lamented due to folk lauding him and vice versa really. You dont really get 1 without the other.

Both can improve, both should improve and both can be good players for us in this league. To many posters get to entrenched in their side of the debate that decent discussion becomes impossible.

Personally I dont know how some of you longer standing members can keep discussing lowe and rhodes. I've not really posted that long and discussions re the two of them already hurts my head :(

Further still, I've not seen 1 person change their opinion even after a gazillion posts debating both players to death.

A joke it may be but it sums up the way that Lowe is lauded and Rhodes is lamented by the intelligentsia on here.

His team mates may appreciate his contribution but fans don't pay to watch Jason Lowe.

Rhodes isn't lamented Stuart. How much 'lamenting' have you experienced since his decent performance on Saturday, compared to those that consistently lament Lowe after a good/bad or mediocre performance? A typical over-reaction from one of the senior members of the JRWOW club.

Lowe might not be as talented as Rhodes, but do consider, who do you think would win in a game of 11 Rhodes vs 11 Lowe's? I sure as buggery wouldn't go to watch 11 Jordan Rhodes' go and get smashed every week, would you?

Whilst you and others might enjoy watching Rhodes, that should not cloud your judgement of a player who, whilst not the most naturally gifted, does play an important part in the side. Infact, what's more important? His team mates appreciating his contribution, or a small section of morons who pay very low costs for a ST constantly criticising him?

I might also point out that if we were all paying to 'enjoy players performances' rather than a somewhat foolish affiliation to our local club, then we would all be jumping on a train to East Manchester every second Saturday.

Archived