BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leicester City vs Blackburn Rovers: Tuesday 17th September 2013

Jimmy612

Your criticism of Rhodes is getting rather tedious Gordon, listening to the radio xommentary tonight it sounded like the main problem was lack of any movement from midfield to support him.

It doesn't help when you're getting a foothold in the game and your "England U21 international" gives the ball away to put you 2 down.

That's the game changer right there. From being right in it to having a mountain to climb in the blink of an eye.

I dare say the commentator makes a valid point. the same point that I made when I said that Rhodes would be cut adrift without Dunn or Rochina. Do we therefore blame the entire team because one player cannot adapt to a change in conditions?

btw Pedersons gone now so the target of your ire has now fully switched over to Lowe I presume Simon? It appears that you need a hate figure every season to function properly and given that in the past it's been the likes of Flitcroft, Neill, Friedel (ffs) and Pederson on the field and Souness and Allardyce off it whilst I seem also to rem you gave plenty of enthusiastic support to Ince and Kean. Sorry but I'm afraid that some of your opinions don't hold all that much validity imo.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever we play 4-4-2 we are outnumbered and outclassed in midfield and there is a massive gap between the strikers and the rest of the team, leaving us to start hoofing it which doesn't work with Rhodes.

We should stick to a 4-2-3-1 but allow the midfielders the fluidity and freedom to move into space more, not to stick rigidly into position. We lack movement.

Hope your 'I'm with stupid' isn't directed at me, as I'm only asking you to clarify your point. But surely it's obvious that no striker will guarantee you 25+ goals if you want to be really literal about it? As anybody can be injured. Rhodes is a 25 goal a season man in this league though if he doesn't get injured, I'd think that's obvious. Just like Shearer was a 30 goal a season man for us, but injury could have stopped that any year.

If all you're saying is we need backup in case he gets injured, I'd agree. DJ nearly back, but with Best throwing his toys out the pram we are susceptible there.

It wasn't. But read through the threads and there are plenty out there who made the ridiculous and dangerous assumption the JR will score 30 goals this season a month or so ago.

Just as a general question... Is there anyone out there who see's Rhodes as the finished article and who doesn't want the lad to improve?

Incredible though it is I believe there is quite a number of such individuals.

Agree, but get a bad feeling we're going to be stuck relying on Dunn for large portions of the season - which as we all know will not work out. Rochina will obviously take time to get back to full match fitness, too, so it's not like he's going to be able to just slot back in either.

That's why we'd be foolish not to dip into the loan market. What happened to Bowyer looking to build links with Utd through fat boy Shaw? There's surely somebody we could get in, even on a 3 month loan, who would link midfield to attack in Dunn/Rochina's absence.

Just back home. First of all, we played MUCH better than here last year. Leicester are very good side, v solid defensively and Nugent and Vardy up front look a good bet for playoffs at least. First half we were a bit too deliberate,, but the effort was there. There first goal was from Marshall losing it easily in attack ten not reacting to a ball he could have cleared later in attack. Their penalty was a bloody joke, spurr took the ball cleanly and leicester winger then fell over his leg. We presumed that would be that.

Second half they flew out of blocks , kean making good save 1 on 1 with Vardy and then a host of other chances , but we always looked read,y to go forward and looked much more like it with king and Rhodes together up front . Penalty was difficult to see, leicester fans reckon was a even upper.

Both sides had chances after, we played 3 at back and they had more as a result. Danny's header looked over line from our angle and Cairney had a late drive just wide .

Overall , promising. Just short ,away against top of league and endeavour certainly present.

Marshall was poor, Taylor improved us. Evans was sloppy in possession. Cairney was our high point in game. Agree with earlier comments that not best as a no. 10 , but did ok as r mid when switched to 442, even better as straight forward centre mid. Spurr and Lowe also get honourable mentions.

Came back much happier than last season, promising

Just been looking on Foxestalk MB sorry to say most of the Leicester fans seem to think they should have won by 4 or 5, one

guy reckons we are a shocking team and the worst he's seen down there for a while, well if that's the case we must have been

really terrible last season.

Just back home. First of all, we played MUCH better than here last year. Leicester are very good side, v solid defensively and Nugent and Vardy up front look a good bet for playoffs at least. First half we were a bit too deliberate,, but the effort was there. There first goal was from Marshall losing it easily in attack ten not reacting to a ball he could have cleared later in attack. Their penalty was a bloody joke, spurr took the ball cleanly and leicester winger then fell over his leg. We presumed that would be that.

Second half they flew out of blocks , kean making good save 1 on 1 with Vardy and then a host of other chances , but we always looked read,y to go forward and looked much more like it with king and Rhodes together up front . Penalty was difficult to see, leicester fans reckon was a even upper.

Both sides had chances after, we played 3 at back and they had more as a result. Danny's header looked over line from our angle and Cairney had a late drive just wide .

Overall , promising. Just short ,away against top of league and endeavour certainly present.

Marshall was poor, Taylor improved us. Evans was sloppy in possession. Cairney was our high point in game. Agree with earlier comments that not best as a no. 10 , but did ok as r mid when switched to 442, even better as straight forward centre mid. Spurr and Lowe also get honourable mentions.

Just been looking on Foxestalk MB sorry to say most of the Leicester fans seem to think they should have won by 4 or 5, one

guy reckons we are a shocking team and the worst he's seen down there for a while, well if that's the case we must have been

really terrible last season.

• Backroom

Regarding Rochina, is it not unusual for an outfield player to be sidelined for 4/5 months with a shoulder dislocation? It's only 10/12 weeks for a broken leg is it not? Am I missing something?

I have to admit I was very surprised by the length of time out as well. I originally assumed he'd be out for a month, max. I'm not really clued up on such things though, Maj might be the man to ask.

I have to admit I was very surprised by the length of time out as well. I originally assumed he'd be out for a month, max. I'm not really clued up on such things though, Maj might be the man to ask.

Particularly when the incident where he received the injury looked pretty innocuous to me. Over to Majiball.......

Just a suggestion, what if we signed a target man on loan who could hold up play, particularly away from home and played Rhodes in the hole?

Certainly give the opposition more to think about.

Didn't the Hudds fans on here say he played off someone for them ? He's certainly more effective facing the goal.

I dare say the commentator makes a valid point. the same point that I made when I said that Rhodes would be cut adrift without Dunn or Rochina. Do we therefore blame the entire team because one player cannot adapt to a change in conditions?

btw Pedersons gone now so the target of your ire has now fully switched over to Lowe I presume Simon? It appears that you need a hate figure every season to function properly and given that in the past it's been the likes of Flitcroft, Neill, Friedel (ffs) and Pederson on the field and Souness and Allardyce off it whilst I seem also to rem you gave plenty of enthusiastic support to Ince and Kean. Sorry but I'm afraid that some of your opinions don't hold all that much validity imo.

I'm just a bit cheesed off with certain players not doing their jobs and Rhodes getting the blame for it. If the team know Rhodes strengths, surely it's their job to play to them and make an effort to support him?

Btw Lowe's rubbish imo. He adds nothing offensively and doesn't do the defensive side of the game well either. Unlike MGP he gives 100% on the pitch. Are you not allowed to criticise players abilities or commitment these days?

Shoulder dislocation - I dislocated mine about 7 years ago now, put it back in myself in bed, which rather smarted. Massive bruise came up but I was back running within a week or so.

I'm not suggesting it's exactly the same for professional athletes, but it does seem a bloody long time to be out with it.

Thanks- at last a message from someone who was there.

Glad that the performance was a big step up on last season's dismal effort.

We could still be in for a very good season on the pitch provided the idiots off the pitch maintain their current non-interference.

Saturday's line up

Kean

Lowe, Hanley, Dann, Spurr.

Cairney

Taylor, Marrow, Judge

King

Rhodes

King in the hole? He would be like a tit in a trance.

As for playing Rhodes there, hell no. He needs to be as far up the pitch as physically possible. Hoping Bowyer realises after the last two games that Cairney isn't the man to play there either and dips into the loan market.

Either that or we need to change formation until Dunn or Rochina return.

Seems a bit strange that we haven't given Judge a try "in the hole" if it's the case he performed well in that position for Notts. County.

That said I don't think he's been overly impressive thus far from wide areas.

I'd be inclined to agree Rev.

Apart from 30 mins against Derby, I'm not impressed with Judge at all up to press.

If Bowyer's anything like us, we've got all these midfield pieces of the jigsaw but are struggling how best to fit them all together.

I hope no bugger's mixed 2 boxes together!

Particularly when the incident where he received the injury looked pretty innocuous to me. Over to Majiball.......

At the time it happened it was stated Rochina had suffered a similar injury in a reserve game (at Old Trafford if memory serves me) and when it happens again, even more so when it happens so innocuously you have a real problem!! I think he has had re-construction work done rather than just a simple reset.

On last nights game and away games in particular could any team in the football leagues have a worse away points haul than is over the past 2-3 years!!

I'm just a bit cheesed off with certain players not doing their jobs and Rhodes getting the blame for it. If the team know Rhodes strengths, surely it's their job to play to them and make an effort to support him?

Btw Lowe's rubbish imo. He adds nothing offensively and doesn't do the defensive side of the game well either. Unlike MGP he gives 100% on the pitch. Are you not allowed to criticise players abilities or commitment these days?

One thing you can never criticise Lowe for is his effort. IMO Lowe is nowhere near as bad as you make him out to be - I would be curious as to how you felt he played in our last home matches ?

Archived