BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Watford - Tuesday 1 October - Kick-off 19:45

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He didn't say he won the game on his own, he was saying his goal won us the game and it's generally accepted that goals win games.

Anyway criticising Rhodes is downright embarrassing when he is in such form. Anyone doing so should be made to sit in their pants wearing a big pointy hat with a D on it at the front of the Riverside on match days.

Couldn't care about how he would do in the PL for now. Couldn't care if he gets picked by Scotland ever.

I think you'll find that Rhodes cares about improving his game so that he can make the Premier League and become a regular for Scotland. Every player wants to be the best he can be rather than settle for something less.

• Backroom

I think you'll find that Rhodes cares about improving his game so that he can make the Premier League and become a regular for Scotland. Every player wants to be the best he can be rather than settle for something less.

I don't doubt that but most fans (apart from Maj and possibly Fife, I assume) only care about how he plays for Rovers. And that's really all that matters.

Yes but what has that got to do with Blackburn Rovers right now?

If he improves that's great, if he doesn't then he's still great for us right now.

The opposite for me. He looked like he doesn't have a clue as to when to stick and when to twist.

Ah, so you object to people unfairly criticising and scapegoating Lowe but you have no objection to unfairly criticising and scape goating Kean?

Had a good game in my view.

• Backroom

My view on Keans performance was he didn't make any costly mistakes which is an improvement over most of his performances this season. He didn't flap at anything either but most crosses were comfortable and there was a couple of times he went back and forth and wasn't sure whether to come or not before the defender dealt with it.

His kicking was ok enough but played to many straight over Kings head when we tried to spread it out to the left, then again we have been spoilt as far as keeper distribution goes by Robinson.

A few more games like this and he may get confidence back and cut out the silly mistakes and he'll be an OK keeper for this level

"St. Jordan?" - good grief very poor form that Parson, you're much better than that normally .

Just because he continues to prove you and his other critics wrong week after week no need whatsoever to be churlish about the lad.

Don't like pointing out the bleeding obvious, but isn't that exactly what Jason Lowe is doing to you? Proving you wrong week after week? Keeps getting selected for each game and is contributing fully. Probably one of 7 or 8 instantly included on the team sheet. Like I said early this season, Rovers fans better get used to him being selected and pleasingly many seem to be understanding his important role in the team at last.

Don't like pointing out the bleeding obvious, but isn't that exactly what Jason Lowe is doing to you? Proving you wrong week after week? Keeps getting selected for each game and is contributing fully. Probably one of 7 or 8 instantly included on the team sheet. Like I said early this season, Rovers fans better get used to him being selected and pleasingly many seem to be understanding his important role in the team at last.

Lowe isn't doing anyrhing to anyone as far as I can see, I can't recall seeing a single criticism of him in the last two games we've won and there hasn't been any from me.

Ah, so you object to people unfairly criticising and scapegoating Lowe but you have no objection to unfairly criticising and scape goating Kean?

Had a good game in my view.

It's quite simple Simon..... After you saying 10 years ago that Brad Freidel was getting over the hill and that it was time that we replaced him with Peter Enckleman all I can offer in resposte to your comments is that I know what I'm on about. :P Just as an aside Brad is still a country mile in front of Kean.

btw 'had a good game'??? His body language told me that he was as nervous as a kitten. His confidence is shot and that aint good. After Saturdays rick he must have been told to stay on his line but he did it to ludicrous lengths. He refused to budge when he had time and a half to spare. Not only that but every time he caught a ball his teammates 'over'congratulated him. His crisis of confidence is obvious. Whatever you say he is our weak link by a mile. GK is massively important and influential position and no one ever does anything with a bad one between the sticks. Kean at present reminds me of John Butcher... he can do the reaction stops fine when he doesn't have time to think but as soon as he has he makes a cock up.

He didn't 'play' right wing but he put plenty of wicked crosses in from the right wing, so yes, I'm sure. Garner was two footed.[/quote

garner scored some memorable goals with either foot but was stronger with his right.

He took penalties with his right but missed a few (which he should've taken with his left).

He stopped taking them after that because he got cold feet ( both left and right)!

It's quite simple Simon..... After you saying 10 years ago that Brad Freidel was getting over the hill and that it was time that we replaced him with Peter Enckleman all I can offer in resposte to your comments is that I know what I'm on about. :P Just as an aside Brad is still a country mile in front of Kean.

btw 'had a good game'??? His body language told me that he was as nervous as a kitten. His confidence is shot and that aint good. After Saturdays rick he must have been told to stay on his line but he did it to ludicrous lengths. He refused to budge when he had time and a half to spare. Not only that but every time he caught a ball his teammates 'over'congratulated him. His crisis of confidence is obvious. Whatever you say he is our weak link by a mile. GK is massively important and influential position and no one ever does anything with a bad one between the sticks. Kean at present reminds me of John Butcher... he can do the reaction stops fine when he doesn't have time to think but as soon as he has he makes a cock up.

I've got to agree. There were 3-4 occasions when the ball was in the six yard box and Kean should have bulldozed through some players and punched the ball away, yet he stayed on his line. He needs to take command of his area or it's going to cost us.

Really enjoyed the game, by the way. Excellent team performance and it looks like Bowyer's creating a good team spirit. Cracking atmosphere 2nd half too!

Glad that Jake has hit his own personal wall so soon into his career rather than building a good rep like Hart had to then hit his wall now.

If he can work through this then I think we will have one hell of a keeper in Jake Kean. For now it has to be work in progress for Jake Kean though I'd certainly put Jake on a higher plain than John Butcher ever was.

• Backroom

Just feel I should mention that I thought Paul Wheelock's opinion column yesterday (about Watford's diving/excuses) was nicely pro-rovers. Perhaps the emails about his 'Kean was much-maligned' remarks have had the appropriate kick-up-the-arse effect?

Just feel I should mention that I thought Paul Wheelock's opinion column yesterday (about Watford's diving/excuses) was nicely pro-rovers. Perhaps the emails about his 'Kean was much-maligned' remarks have had the appropriate kick-up-the-arse effect?

I haven't read the LT since and won't as clearly that's how he sees it given his change since.

• Backroom

I haven't read the LT since and won't as clearly that's how he sees it given his change since.

Tbf to him perhaps a timely reminder was all that was needed? You must remember that the LET is also a Burnley paper, so a newbie to that paper may feel the need to be more conservative.

It definitely read as a fan piece and could easily have been written by Dan Clough.

Firstly I'm not quite sure why you keep dragging up comments I made about Freidel eons ago when all I suggested was he be rested for a couple of games during a poor spell of form. I've never said he was a poor keeper.

Secondly, we've only conceded one goal in the last three games and after a shaky start have accumulated fourteen points from the last seven games so the keeper and defence can't be doing that much of a bad job between them.

That wasn't really the main point of my post though. Everyone has different opinions on certain players yet you deem any opinion on or criticism of Lowe as unfair and being boo boy material whilst dishing out exactly the same type of treatment to Kean.

It's the logic of the Lowe Boo Boys that I cannot understand. Instead of Jason Lowe think Mark Atkins. Like Lowe SuperAtko was a clean cut guy without a fancy hair do and he couldn't trap a wet sandbag. Like Lowe he always gave 100% graft and when he got the ball he was obviously instructed to give it immediately short and to a team mate in space. Like Lowe his talent was limited but nevertheless he became a fans favourite unlike Lowe. Whats the difference Simon or did you take an intense dislike to SuperAtko too?

Firstly I'm not quite sure why you keep dragging up comments I made about Freidel eons ago when all I suggested was he be rested for a couple of games during a poor spell of form. I've never said he was a poor keeper.

tbh I can't rem Brad having a really poor spell of form. A poor spell for him would be hitting the heights of their careers for ANY keeper on our books since ..... and as for you suggesting dropping him for Peter Encklemann!!! :o

It's the logic of the Lowe Boo Boys that I cannot understand. Instead of Jason Lowe think Mark Atkins. Like Lowe SuperAtko was a clean cut guy without a fancy hair do and he couldn't trap a wet sandbag. Like Lowe he always gave 100% graft and when he got the ball he was obviously instructed to give it immediately short and to a team mate in space. Like Lowe his talent was limited but nevertheless he became a fans favourite unlike Lowe. Whats the difference Simon or did you take an intense dislike to SuperAtko

I didn't like Atkins at right back because I thought he was terrible in that position. I liked him once converted to midfield because he did very well in that position.

Like Atkins, Lowe started his Rovers career at full back but unlike Atkins I think he is much better at full back personally. I don't think he has been good at all overall in midfield for us but in line with the team as a whole he has picked up in the last couple of games and if he maintains a decent level of performance there's no reason why he can't win over the fans like Atkins did.

Archived