BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holloway for Rovers? Oi don't know about that

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be silly, please close this thread. IMO of course :)

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/football-league/35576-blackburn-holloway-on-rovers-radar.php#.UoGdFDK9KSM

Just reporting the scuttle. I dont have an opinion one way or other. The Venkys on the other hand may have other ideas if we remain in mid table obscurity. I don't think they regard this as an option.

He has fallen so far that he got a lower mid table team promoted last season. Sounds like an ideal candidate but a stressed and emotional Holloway would be well advised to avoid this place like the plague. Doesn't matter who the manager is while Venkys are still here so we might as well save some money and stick with GB.

He has fallen so far that he got a lower mid table team promoted last season. Sounds like an ideal candidate but a stressed and emotional Holloway would be well advised to avoid this place like the plague. Doesn't matter who the manager is while Venkys are still here so we might as well save some money and stick with GB.

No he didnt , Palace were doing well when Freeman jumped ship to Bolton ..

Yes he won a few at the start but that in IMO that was Freemans doing with the players confident and playing together..

They only just managed to get in the play offs on the last day of the season after an alarming run of form !

We are go to oblivion with the Venkys , it is they who have to go !

I don't understand the comments against Holloway - except those who think he is a busted flush (which is a fair concern if debatable at Championship level).

Rovers desperately need something to change in terms of our current trajectory. The status quo is simply unsustainable.

In an ideal world I'd stick with Bowyer and support him building a new team but do we really have the luxury of time?

Keep Bowyer at the club without a doubt, working with the first team - perhaps a head coach role. Whether he needs to learn from Holloway when he has played under Cloughie, I don't know, but Holloway knows the Championship and that's exactly what we need.

All that said, it's a moot point because I just don't see it happening.

Rovers desperately need something to change in terms of our current trajectory. The status quo is simply unsustainable.

In an ideal world I'd stick with Bowyer and support him building a new team but do we really have the luxury of time?.

No, but we knew that when we appointed Bowyer. That's why, for me, Venky's should have looked at the field and gone for the best option. That could be a massive mistake. Then again, he might get us up.

You do realise we are losing £2.5m a month ;)

The only way out of this financial mess is to get promoted it seems. As someone else said, mid table would be a remarkable achievement for Bowyer given all the turmoil and it being his first managerial job.

I just can't see him getting us promoted though. Unless he's suddenly able to sign some fantastic players in Jan and get rid of some of the under achievers. Like promotion I can't see that happening either.

So for me it's not if, it's when. I just can't see them sticking with Bowyer for a full season. And if they do that I'm expecting another strange appointment. They certainly won't appoint Holloway as he's had success at this level.

• Moderation Lead

No, but we knew that when we appointed Bowyer. That's why, for me, Venky's should have looked at the field and gone for the best option. That could be a massive mistake. Then again, he might get us up.

Of course they should, but then again, they should have done a lot of things differently.....

• Backroom

One one hand, Holloway has a proven track record in this division and has shown he can get relatively average teams punching well above their weight.

On the other hand, he's a total joker and I'd be embarrassed to have him as our manager. But if he got us promoted I wouldn't really care, and regardless of how ridiculous Holloway is, he's not Steve Kean.

I don't see it happening but I would support the decision if made, although I do have a lot of time for Bowyer. I'd be gutted if he had to leave the club for Holloway to come in.

So for me it's not if, it's when. I just can't see them sticking with Bowyer for a full season. And if they do that I'm expecting another strange appointment.

I can see where you are coming from but if they do that then I'd suggest we will lose another few thousand fans as they reach their final straw.

• Backroom

As far as I'm aware people were absolutely clamouring for Holloway at the time of appointing Berg. I'm not sure we'll lose any fans tbh. In fact, if all current staff are retained and Holloway is added to that, I'd wager promotion becomes more likely AND more fans would go to Ewood.

Make no mistake, not all rovers fans liase on the Internet like us and many would probably approve of an outspoken nutjob with a proven record at this level.

My dad always told me that geniuses are insane. Maybe Holloway could be just the ticket for us. Maybe in a DoF role if not manager?

Archived