BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Reading

'they crowd seem to feel there is nowt to play for and it's reflected in the atmosphere and looking at the game who can blame them'.

This is a good description of Blackburn Rovers cos it is true , whilst we have these appalling owners , nothing will change ..

I know how that's how I feel.

It is not just that we got relegated it was the fact that we were taken down...and that our owners have done this to us.They need to go in order to detox...

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone saying a draw against reading yesterday wasn't a decent result needs to get real. They have far better players than us and will be in and around the top 6 at the end of the season.

I would consider a mid table finish as being a decent season. Of course we all want to get promoted but we are miles behind the top teams so have to be realistic.

It's all about expectations. If you expect rovers to be in the top 6 with the squad we have then you will be disappointed with a draw against reading and frustrated with the job bowyer is doing.

If you have more realistic expectations then you'll see bowyer is doing a good job and a point against reading as being decent.

Thing that gets me, how much effort was put into the last 5/10 mins?

Lets see some effort for 90 mins!

Glad we didnt get beat but I did feel Reading were there to be beaten yesterday...

Lets hope hope we get up for Leeds...

if Mr Walker was still around, bowyer would have no illusions about his position. HIS team are kean and he's to blame.Ticktock time FOR A POOR DEFENSIVE MANAGER.

Ye gads. Have you been in a coma?

I can understand why fans are now turned off, and it isn't so simple as just turning up on the match day and happy-clapping. As arbitro said, the club has had its heart ripped out and so have the fans. The ones left now are there through grim loyalty, routine and familial/fraternal ties, rather than entertainment or enjoyment.

Ironically, without Venkys supposedly covering our losses (although if our debt keeps increasing I'm not sure exactly what they are doing on that score) the "Closed" sign would be up already. But with them and their bonkers decision making, we will not get back to our previous crowds, let alone atmosphere.

Even more sadly, when Venkys do leave, and we are in admin, and bucket collecting to find money to pay off Etuhu's contract, we aren't going to see the return of those who say "I'm not going as long as that lot are still here", we will actually see even more people leave.

You may have a 'realistic' opinion rovers11 but it gives me not one iota of comfort about our situation.The lowering of expectations only leads to a very rapid decline both on and off the pitch...we are clearly seeing this happen right here right now.

Decline is not dictated by fans expectations. It's the people in charge of the club that matter. If they are ambitious then it raises expectations.

We're in a situation where our owners are ambitious but have no idea how to achieve success.

Decline is not dictated by fans expectations. It's the people in charge of the club that matter. If they are ambitious then it raises expectations.

We're in a situation where our owners are ambitious but have no idea how to achieve success.

We're in a situation where our owners are desperately trying to save face but have no idea how to achieve success.

corrected it for you

Why does rovers11 try to back the owners. They show no interest in listening to advice from supporters or even coming to matches. OUR club will never be the same until they are gone.

Whilst everyone can have opinions about different players, the most telling thing to me yesterday was that when the club are trying to sell half season tickets using the slogan " Join the promotion push" the performance lacked any passion and the constant slow release of the ball from Kean showed a complete lack of ambition.

They could make a start by appointing someone with a bit more flair and imagination to manage the team....all of bowyer's signings have been dull as ditchwater, absolute dire. For me we have to look at replacing him prior to January when a clear out is needed and some creative loan signings need to come in...

MacLeish, Warnock, Sven, avram grant, mark McGee, lawrie Sanchez, Paul dickov.....these could all have a go and do better than this guy.

They could make a start by appointing someone with a bit more flair and imagination to manage the team....all of bowyer's signings have been dull as ditchwater, absolute dire. For me we have to look at replacing him prior to January when a clear out is needed and some creative loan signings need to come in...

MacLeish, Warnock, Sven, avram grant, mark McGee, lawrie Sanchez, Paul dickov.....these could all have a go and do better than this guy.

Ha. That's halarious...........yet rather worrying

yep, makes you wonder what your worst nightmare really is

So after your one man crusade to oust Bowyer these are your viable options to replace him. As my school reports used to read - must do better.

We're in a situation where our owners were clueless when they arrived and three years on they are still clueless. In the meantime they have set in motion a spectacular decline which they are clueless to halt.

Clicked "like" on this post by mistake, should have been the other way round. :mellow:

Dickov? Sanchez? Do me a favour. Like Sven would come for less than 2m p.a. and he bombed without trace at Leicester.

Who do you think we should have signed for free/on loan? Ronaldo/Messi/Rooney? For little or no money Bowyer has actually made some good signings in Spurr/Evans/Cairney/Taylor imo.

Of course, not like the good old days when we never made any poor signings and only ever signed gems like Benjani, Rigters, Julio Santa Cruz , Berner, Goulon, Linganzi, Van Heerden etc etc

Some worrying names on there, but lawrie sanchez is just hilarious :lol: :lol:

We're in a situation where our owners were clueless when they arrived and three years on they are still clueless. In the meantime they have set in motion a spectacular decline which they are clueless to halt.

Anybody can begin clueless but to still be clueless after three years requires a special brand of fecking stupidity !

Sparky Marky is clearly on a wind-up. That list is Shebby Singh kinds of awful.

We had our chances when Pinocchio got binned. We're fishing in a very small pond now. Anybody noticed how Rochdale are doing these days ?

They could make a start by appointing someone w

McLeish, Warnock, Sven, avram grant, mark McGhee, lawrie Sanchez, Paul dickov.....these could all have a go and do better than this guy.

what a shocking list of managers!!!

McGhee? Sanchez? Sven? Grant?

Couldnt think of worst 4 managers in football apart from Kean.

what have Grant, McGhee and Sanchez achieved as manager? Very little.

Archived