BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town vs. BRFC (Off. match preview)

Daremz

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think he should bring DJ in for Rhodes for this one, we have a squad lets use it. If Rochina is fit then put him in behind DJ with Taylor starting out right and swapping again if needed.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Taylor Lowe Cairney King

Rochina

DJ

I think he should bring DJ in for Rhodes for this one, we have a squad lets use it. If Rochina is fit then put him in behind DJ with Taylor starting out right and swapping again if needed.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Taylor Lowe Cairney King

Rochina

DJ

Wholeheartedly agree Tom.

Coyb

I think he should bring DJ in for Rhodes for this one, we have a squad lets use it.

Because we have a squad that's top heavy with way below average also rans isn't really a reason to drop the only player that consistently knows where the net is.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Taylor Lowe Cairney King

Rochina

DJ

DJ for Rhodes? Will we end up with all 11 on the pitch? What about the new guy. Still you could be rigjt perhaps away games like this and at QPR we should have someone up front to ruffles a few feathers. That said what better way to ruffle feathers than score and Rhodes is due.

I doubt Bowyer will feel the need to change anything much unless it's felt Dunn can't handle 3 games in a week in which case Rochina is the obvious replacement and I would start with Rochina behind Rhodes in any event.

I certainly wouldn't drop Rhodes personally, my main worry is that we'll be too negative and go back to playing Williamson and Lowe in midfield, Taylor certainly doesn't deserve to make way after being so effective in a floating role across midfield.

Personally I would play Williamson ahead of Lowe alongside Cairney in central midfield but I don't suppose that will happen either.

I think one win from these two away games would be acceptable, anything more than that would set us up very nicely coming into the hectic Christmas period.

I hope GB is not going to be too negative tonight, he's making a big deal about keeping a clean sheet in the LT,

can't really see us hanging-on with a rookie goalie who's nervous at home never mind away.

IMO we need to go all out for 3 points, one gets you nowhere in this league anyway.

3 points or bust !!!

Rhodes has been up front on his own since we have bought him and it is clear Rhodes is not the type of player that can hold the ball up or win headers.

I'm not blaming him or criticising him but he just isn't that type of player. The same way Micheal Owen isn't that type of player.

From what we have heard Gestede is a hard working target man, he doesn't score that many but he has been brought in so Rhodes can feed of him.

Rhodes looked knackered towards the end of the Leeds game (after running himself into the ground) so if Gestede is fit I would start him just behind Rhodes.

If Gestede isn't fit then I would be tempted to start DJ and Rochina in order to give Rhodes a rest.

I hope GB is not going to be too negative tonight, he's making a big deal about keeping a clean sheet in the LT,

can't really see us hanging-on with a rookie goalie who's nervous at home never mind away.

IMO we need to go all out for 3 points, one gets you nowhere in this league anyway.

3 points or bust !!!

That was my fear after reading the LT. Seen it happen a few times this season away from home when they set out to just contain the home team from the off and show no real attacking intent. It just doesn't seem to work with this team. Ok we shouldn't go gung ho but we operate better when we press and close down teams early and perhaps hit on the break not just stand off deep and try to keep shape.

• Backroom

Because people apparently want us to get absolutely destroyed in midfield...

Looking forward to tonight, imagine Bowyer will be smart and play a variation of 4-5-1 - which variation will depend how much he wants to go for it. Ipswich have a bit of a suspect defence so if we get at them we can definitely nick an early goal.

Because people apparently want us to get absolutely destroyed in midfield...

Looking forward to tonight, imagine Bowyer will be smart and play a variation of 4-5-1 - which variation will depend how much he wants to go for it. Ipswich have a bit of a suspect defence so if we get at them we can definitely nick an early goal.

Ipswich have lost to Leicester and Burnley and draw with Barnsley in their last 3 home games.

Will their poor home form continue ?

• Backroom

Ipswich have lost to Leicester and Burnley and draw with Barnsley in their last 3 home games.

Will their poor home form continue ?

They were absolutely shocking against Barnsley, if they play like that tonight we'll win comfortably. Sadly I don't see it being that easy... probably only one or two goals in it. Hopefully we'll take our chances and Rhodes will get back on the scoresheet. He's due a goal, to say the least.

Tough game this one. We are poor away so I'd take a point. Both teams are inconsistent so any result is possible.

Some people saying Rhodes should be dropped?! Not for me. Think he'll score tonight against his ex club. Dunn can't play twice in a week so I'd like to see Gestede up front alongside Rhodes.

ROVERS: Kean, Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Cairney, Williamson, Lowe, King, Campbell, Rhodes.

Subs: Eastwood, Kilgallon, Marshall, Rochina, Judge, Henley, Gestede.

Taylor misses out through personal reasons, Dunn rested. Williamson and Campbell return. Gestede on bench.

• Backroom

With Taylor out I would have gone for Marshall out wide once again it seems the manager wants to fit Cairney in even when he's out of position and almost useless

Happy with front two

Uuugghh dont agree with cairney playing wide. Hope he is at least on the left and king on the right if he must play wide.

Shame Taylor misses out after finally getting his chance and taking it bigtime

I suppose he could be playing dj wide and cairney #10

ROVERS: Kean, Kane, Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Cairney, Williamson, Lowe, King, Campbell, Rhodes.

Subs: Eastwood, Kilgallon, Marshall, Rochina, Judge, Henley, Gestede.

Taylor misses out through personal reasons, Dunn rested. Williamson and Campbell return. Gestede on bench.

Is there enough energy in that team to roll over Ipswich - somehow very much doubt it.

Archived