BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs. Rovers

Ok - fact - we have won matches with Lowe in and out of the team ! Fact - two matches don't make a season !

We've never managed to get in serious contention for the top 6. Many people think Lowe is too limited in central midfield and, as we have options in that position, have wanted to see us try something different. Twice GB has been forced to change it and twice weve won. All facts.

My opinion in September 2012 when Kean was still managing us was that "no side will get promoted if they play Jason Lowe in midfield for the majority of the season." That opinion still stands.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season:

Percentage win rate without Lowe in CM = 100%

Percentage win rate with Lowe in CM = 30%

Surely that's be a reason to try something different.

Lowe For RB!!

Says it all really why Bowyer and his team cant see it beggers belief.

We've never managed to get in serious contention for the top 6. Many people think Lowe is too limited in central midfield and, as we have options in that position, have wanted to see us try something different. Twice GB has been forced to change it and twice weve won. All facts. My opinion in September 2012 when Kean was still managing us was that "no side will get promoted if they play Jason Lowe in midfield for the majority of the season." That opinion still stands.

Ok - lets take it to its natural conclusion - Lowe's replacement in both matches was Williamson - so he should be the lynch pin of our team. Cairney didn't play today - but played against Leeds - so it is 50-50 whether he plays again. It is absolutely farcical to use the two matches that Lowe was absent in as a reason that he shouldn't play.

Without a doubt our best midfield this season included Lowe, Cairney and Evans - they complemented each other perfectly. During this period - Lowe got a number of home MOM awards - whether you agree with them or not it does show that his level of performance must have been at least good.

The obsession some people have with Lowe is unbelievable - I am not claiming he is he new Tugay - but in the right midfield he performs a vital function.

The obsession some people have with Lowe is unbelievable - I am not claiming he is he new Tugay - but in the right midfield he performs a vital function.

I haven't seen many games this season but what I've seen of Lowe he's done a good job, Williamson on the other hand is a liability. Lowe is obviously the new hate figure for people who need one.

I haven't seen many games this season but what I've seen of Lowe he's done a good job, Williamson on the other hand is a liability. Lowe is obviously the new hate figure for people who need one.

Unbelievably I thought Williamson played well today alongside Evans. I'm far from a fan of his but credit where it's due

• Backroom

I said in the bowyer thread a week or so ago he should be playing him at right back not only becuase he's limited in midfield but because he's about our best right back

Ok - lets take it to its natural conclusion - Lowe's replacement in both matches was Williamson - so he should be the lynch pin of our team. Cairney didn't play today - but played against Leeds - so it is 50-50 whether he plays again. It is absolutely farcical to use the two matches that Lowe was absent in as a reason that he shouldn't play.

Without a doubt our best midfield this season included Lowe, Cairney and Evans - they complemented each other perfectly. During this period - Lowe got a number of home MOM awards - whether you agree with them or not it does show that his level of performance must have been at least good.

It's not an obsession it's an observation. Lowe has been a mainstay in the central midfield over the last 2 seasons, over the last 2 seasons the midfield has been an absolute liability.

Added to that the only two times he hasn't played there we've won.

Hasta is bang on and like I said earlier Lowe is part of the problem not the solution. That's not to say Williamson is the solution but Lowe is proven bang mediocre and our system and playing style is compromised because of him.

It's not an obsession it's an observation. Lowe has been a mainstay in the central midfield over the last 2 seasons, over the last 2 seasons the midfield has been an absolute liability.

Added to that the only two times he hasn't played there we've won.

Hasta is bang on and like I said earlier Lowe is part of the problem not the solution. That's not to say Williamson is the solution but Lowe is proven bang mediocre and our system and playing style is compromised because of him.

LD I've been trying to work out all season what "our system and playing style" is never mind who might be compromising it.

Please enlighten me..........

Lowe is slow of mind and can't play on the half turn meaning our attacks are stifled.

Also, when under the cosh he drops deeper and deeper rather than pressing the opposition inviting pressure. He runs and closes down but rarely tackles and is easily bypassed one on one as alarmingly shown against Bournemouth.

I believe that today Evans tackled ferociously and marked the cards of his opposing midfielders. That's what I want to see from someone in our midfield, someone who'll lead by example.

Says it all really why Bowyer and his team cant see it beggers belief.

What beggars belief is that you take a throw away stat based on two matches only, that must have been jokingly posted due to its stupidity and hang your hat on it with gusto to niggle at Bowyer.

Those constantly moaning about Lowe should ask themselves this question. Why does he get picked every week? Pathetically, I have read about the managers pet, managers mental block, managers ineptitude, etc...Ie total guesswork from the more vociferous moaners. I ask again, why does Lowe get picked when we have so many players that contributors on here believe to be so much better?

• Moderation Lead

Anyone follow Andy cryer on twitter and think he's got a dislike for the club and it's fans these days?

Had to unfollow him, he's become a massive troll who's full of himself imo.

What beggars belief is that you take a throw away stat based on two matches only, that must have been jokingly posted due to its stupidity and hang your hat on it with gusto to niggle at Bowyer.

Those constantly moaning about Lowe should ask themselves this question. Why does he get picked every week? Pathetically, I have read about the managers pet, managers mental block, managers ineptitude, etc...Ie total guesswork from the more vociferous moaners. I ask again, why does Lowe get picked when we have so many players that contributors on here believe to be so much better?

Tongue in cheek rather than jest. But I firmly believe if Lowe must play then it's at right full back, not CM.

But Bowyer won't ever do that.

We'll be saddled with Lowe in midfield long after Rhodes has been sold.

Have been having a look at Down At The Mac. It's just like reading brfcs.com except with swearing.

Manager out vs Manager needs time.

Tactically inept vs we've got injuries.

Rhodes is a god vs Rhodes isn't worth £8m.

We aren't creative in midfield vs havent had chance for stability in the team.

We're not safe yet vs plenty of worse teams.

One week we are possible outside playoff candidates vs how can we lose so sadly against a team that isn't scoring/winning.

Only real difference is noone likes our owners, whereas Terriers like Hoyle.

If Rovers are going to get out of this league then they need a midfield thats going to bully, dominate and create chances for the team something thats always been sadly missing from Jasons game.

Gary Bowyer is obviously on a steep learning curve at the moment but he needs to be more proactive in his ability to change in an instance during games and not treat it like its an academy game because the first team is not about developing players.

The first team has to be about players that are ready to deliver the win after win after win otherwise your just conning the supporters..

To DMTP, you've pointed out that Rovers best midfield is Evans, Lowe and Crainey on the evidence of the Bolton game so why are you questioning those who pointing to the stat of two wins without Lowe as silly?

Both wins at Leeds and yesterday have been with makeshift right backs starting so does that we need to field a midfielder at right back every game? The answer is probably yes as like it or not Lowe is a better right back than midfielder. He has had good games in midfield just as he had poor games. I have given Williamson a lot of stick but it was good to see him yesterday pressurising players high up the pitch. With Lowe's energy you should see him doing that every game but the highest you see him pressuring is usually just in front of the centre circle.

• Backroom

Yeah I noticed that, constant snipes, digs and sarcastic comments.

Yes there's nothing specific but there just seems to be an underlying tone to a lot of his rovers tweets

it's a very good question and a real head scratcher. I hardly ever see him tackle or break up play which, for a holding midfielder is astonishing. He is a very poor man's corry evans and would never be in my starting line up.

I have worked with a lot of jason lowe type characters. First one in the office every morning; apple for teacher- and maybe a little more! Big 'career laughs' at every unfunny witticism uttered by the boss; last to leave at night; attending every social networking opportunity and, as a consequence, becoming ridiculously over promoted.

Weak, inexperienced managers always surround themselves with workmanlike yes men.

Yes, i've worked with a good many jason lowes'!

To DMTP, you've pointed out that Rovers best midfield is Evans, Lowe and Crainey on the evidence of the Bolton game so why are you questioning those who pointing to the stat of two wins without Lowe as silly?Both wins at Leeds and yesterday have been with makeshift right backs starting so does that we need to field a midfielder at right back every game? The answer is probably yes as like it or not Lowe is a better right back than midfielder. He has had good games in midfield just as he had poor games. I have given Williamson a lot of stick but it was good to see him yesterday pressurising players high up the pitch. With Lowe's energy you should see him doing that every game but the highest you see him pressuring is usually just in front of the centre circle.

I think either one of them would be ok along with a more creative player like Evans but both of them together is poison.

Archived