BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs. Rovers

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wooooo-hooooooooooo! Forest couldn't beat Doncaster at home and we've won.

So now it's only 9 wins from 11 needed. In the words of that immortal film; "Bring it On!".

I might join you in the Shandy drinking.

sha...

shan....

shand..

can't even type it never mind order it

:lol:

Excellent result, especially with the injury problems before the game and losing two players in the first half. As I said before kick off, never write GB off. He has a habit of getting a result when he needs one.

Kilgallon, Conway, Rhodes, and Evans sounded like they had excellent games. Every team has blips, hopefully we have now had ours.

Lowe moved out of central midfield has to be a permanent move and stick Cairney alongside Evans. We also need to ATTACK more from the outset. The times GB has gone attacking this season we have won.

Fair do's aand a decent result

It does not sound particularly convincing but a much needed lift to morale after the recent debacles.

It seems Bowyer made some changes finally. Lowe is better off at right back for sure. He can still use his energy and covering in that position and he is better than either Henley or Kane to my mind. Sounds like we defended higher up the pitch as well so another welcome change.

Another couple of injuries for Bowyer to deal with and the guy has really had rotten luck with that this season, I trust they are not too badly hurt.

It is a long shot to get the season back on track but there is nothing to lose now so might as well go to win every game.

Excellent result, especially with the injury problems before the game and losing two players in the first half. As I said before kick off, never write GB off. He has a habit of getting a result when he needs one.

As if he didn't need to win any of the last three!!!

Great result-- but why @#/? has it taken so long , our playoff chances have more or less gone then they(rovers)

decide to put a shift in ,oh how different this season could and should have been. :blush:

I truly hit the roof and jumped around like a jibbering fool when each goal hit the net, but I too am frustrated about what might have been.

The point about our recent form is just how poorly we have performed at Bolton and against the Cherries. The nervous crowd on Wednesday didn't help, but if GB's substitutions against Burnley had been different, Ewood would have been a different place on Wednesday. GB has to take responsibility, but it is just another symptom of allowing a manager to do his apprenticeship at such a high, unforgiving level.

Our form, as a result, is massively inconsistent. A total frustration for us all. it is the hope (and Rao's) that continues to kill us.

That said, we are all brighter, happier, and less likely to metaphorically kick the cat after a healthy away win. Bring on Leicester...........

I could take your posts on the subject seriously if the rest of the team were world beaters and fully pulling their weight week in week out jimmy.

So when the rest of the players are subject to a lot of criticism as has been the case recently and at various parts of the season, Rhodes should be completely immune to it should he? Come on Simon, we all appreciate Rhodes' ability in the box, but your incredible defence of him when it's been blatantly clear how poor he has been for large parts of this season is baffling.

Poor post Chaddy. Your hero has just suffered two months of completely toothless performances. All very conveniently forgotten now

So criticism of the man whose goals kept us up last season is okay but criticise Bowyer for his bizarre tactics losing us points and arguably our main local derby and it's unfair because he stabilised the club?

So criticism of the man whose goals kept us up last season is okay but criticise Bowyer for his bizarre tactics losing us points and arguably our main local derby and it's unfair because he stabilised the club?

I don't recall asking for Rhodes to be sacked did I Booth? And since when did I come out 'lol'ing' and saying 'crap manager that Bowyer' snigger snigger snigger

Great result-- but why @#/? has it taken so long , our playoff chances have more or less gone then they(rovers)

decide to put a shift in ,oh how different this season could and should have been. :blush:

Play off was always going to be highly ambitious aims with the turnover we have had within the squad. You should ask Burnley fans what they thought of Dyche last season, some were calling for his head, and most were left disillusioned at the beginning of this campaign. The difference across our season has been that Burnley, and Leicester have been able to name the strongest side consistently across the season. We haven't, and with Marshall, Cairney, Evans, Hanley, Lowe (now), and Gestede (Now) all having been key starters had we had them available.

I truly hit the roof and jumped around like a jibbering fool when each goal hit the net, but I too am frustrated about what might have been.

The point about our recent form is just how poorly we have performed at Bolton and against the Cherries. The nervous crowd on Wednesday didn't help, but if GB's substitutions against Burnley had been different, Ewood would have been a different place on Wednesday. GB has to take responsibility, but it is just another symptom of allowing a manager to do his apprenticeship at such a high, unforgiving level.

Our form, as a result, is massively inconsistent. A total frustration for us all. it is the hope (and Rao's) that continues to kill us.

That said, we are all brighter, happier, and less likely to metaphorically kick the cat after a healthy away win. Bring on Leicester...........

Sums up my own feelings perfectly. I decided not to put myself through the radio experience. I just felt so negative and frustrated.

In a way, today's result, after the last,woeful fortnight, rather sums up the season. The team gives hope, only to crush it. Rovers crush it, only to (almost) revive it. Nevertheless, there is something in this particular result that shows me the team and Bowyer do have something. After the last 3 results with all the crippling injuries, including more today, it says something about their resilience and motivation that we could build on next year.

Unfortunately, my head tells me we need more guile and experience in a manager.

Can you blame him?

What do you mean? Why do you think the fans deserve dislike?...(An honest question, not a dig)

Convincing away win with the 'lynchpin' out of the engine room.

That's 2 out of 2 now, will be interesting to see if there's a correllation between the two if it's a lengthy lay off.

I thought the same thing. We've gone for it twice, both with Lowe removed from middle.

Good result though so credit where its due. Lets see if GB sticks with an attacking/pressing mindset or reverts to type.

Archived