BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs. Rovers

No topic open, but on twitter it seems Hanley will miss out.

Surely a chance to blood one of our younger players, seeing as the mid table clash is the first of 11 ''free hits'' for Bowyer trying to build towards next season.

I'd like to see the likes of Dabo, Mahoney and Rittenberg get some minutes, lets see what they can do.

Also think Taylor should be brought back into the team, I think we've missed his industry and hard work in the middle of the park. I'd also imagine 3 games in 6 days will be too much for Dunny, whilst the right back conundrum continues. Lowe at RB perhaps? Although he may even have to play CB!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who remembers the game in the 80s when it was hail stoneing so much the players had an extra long half time and we were all congaing around that big open terrace behing the goal waiting for them to come back out? Classic away game from that era. Can't remember the score though.

• Moderation Lead

We're getting done. Whoever goes, fair play to you, though if I wasn't away for the weekend, I'd probably have mugged myself off and gone.....

We're getting done. Whoever goes, fair play to you, though if I wasn't away for the weekend, I'd probably have mugged myself off and gone.....

We're doing part of the real ale trail before and after the game, to ease the pain from the football ;)

Think we won the hailstorm game 2-1. Never been as wet and cold in my life but it was worth it. About 5k there that day from us. Be about a thousand tomorrow. Vaughan may be back for them so you just know what's going to happen.

Town 3 Rovers 1

Can't see anything for Rovers from this. Defense is a mess at the moment and if Hanley is to miss out then can't imagine we'll not concede with another makeshift defense like the game against Bolton.

Here's my predicted team. I suspect Feeney will start this one instead of Varney.

Robbo

Kane

Keane

Lowe

Spurr

Conway

Evans

Willo

Feeney

Gestede

Rhodes

We're doing part of the real ale trail before and after the game, to ease the pain from the football ;)

Depends on which bit you're doing but the ale trail is full of stag and hen dos on a Saturday and nowhere near as enjoyable as mid-week.

Lots of puking and p1ssing all around.

Hope you manage to dodge the worst bits - enjoy!

Who remembers the game in the 80s when it was hail stoneing so much the players had an extra long half time and we were all congaing around that big open terrace behing the goal waiting for them to come back out? Classic away game from that era. Can't remember the score though.

If I am thinking of the same match - think it ended up 1-1 Noel Brotherston scored our goal. I was one of the lucky one's in the stand - though didn't they eventually let those fans in the open terrace into the stands ?

I can always remember watching the weather come over the hills - and then hit the stadium.

Usually make this trip, not this year - going to do some work on the garden instead, such is my interest after events of the past week.

We'll probably end up winning now, too little far too late though

I to intended to go - but couldn't face it after Wednesday.

While there is rightly debate about Bowyer's suitability, posts like that don't half make you glad that it never falls to a fan to pick a team.

Bit unnecessary.

I was only referring to those players getting some minutes. How good is Dabo? Can Mahoney actually be in the first team squad or would he benefit on being loaned out? We've heard how good Edwards was whilst on loan last season, Rittenberg scoring goals for the Reserves, and along with Lenihan made the bench at the Reebok. Why not give them a shot?

I'd rather see a young lad being given a chance than someone like Feeney, Varney or Olsson who will most likely be shipped out or given back in the summer anyway.

I don't see the point in going to Huddersfield trying to get a point and be hard to beat. I actually think a new face, particularly a youngster, will lift some of the more senior players in the squad.

The season is over, focus HAS to turn to how we can move forward again next season.

STOP PRESS: Lenihan, Edwards and Rittenberg playing for the U21s tonight vs. Liverpool so that rules them out!

• Backroom

Marcus Olsson should never play for the club again. Nowhere near good enough and only here because the club was trying to appease his brother.

4 losses on the spin would be pretty brutal. If GB wants to keep his job beyond the summer he won't want to contemplate losing this one.

Marcus Olsson should never play for the club again. Nowhere near good enough and only here because the club was trying to appease his brother.

4 losses on the spin would be pretty brutal. If GB wants to keep his job beyond the summer he won't want to contemplate losing this one.

Lose tomorrow and it could well be 5 on the bounce the following week when Leicester are in town. When was the last time that happened?

My birthday tomorrow, but don't think Rovers will be providing me with a good present. :-(

Also it's a local match for me, and I work with multiple Terrier season ticket holders. Really think I'm going to cop it on Monday morning.

Only fair to share the humiliation around. We've had plenty from Notlob and Bumley fans in the last few weeks :)

Happy birthday for tomorrow.

Another example of the stupidity at Ewood as King plays for u21's tonight. Surely if he is fit enough to start for them he can start or be on the bench for us tomorrow. We are crying out for some pace in the attacking third. And if Etuhu avoids injury whats the chance of him playing against Leicester next week?

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/etuhu-and-king-get-u21-outing-1420097.aspx

Surprisingly I think we'll get something from this game, possibly even win it. Huddersfield have little to play for, but for Bowyer the pressure really must be mounting. And he's shown in the past (Leeds) in this situation he has got the much needed 3 points. Added to which we have some good players - Gestede, Rhodes, Hanley's back fit, Evans, and Conway. We should cause Huddersfield some problems with these players in the line up.

If we don't get something I'd be very worried - as Leicester next week could see us tonked and 5 games without a point suggests a lost dressing room, and a lack of any plan B. However, like I said, I think we can and will get something from this.

Another example of the stupidity at Ewood as King plays for u21's tonight. Surely if he is fit enough to start for them he can start or be on the bench for us tomorrow. We are crying out for some pace in the attacking third. And if Etuhu avoids injury whats the chance of him playing against Leicester next week?

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/etuhu-and-king-get-u21-outing-1420097.aspx

If that doesn't signal the season is over, I'm not sure what does.

If Bowyer doesn't take the next 12 games fairly seriously he could further alienate the fans.

If that doesn't signal the season is over, I'm not sure what does.

If Bowyer doesn't take the next 12 games fairly seriously he could further alienate the fans.

I dont think we can allow him the luxury of only taking them ".....fairly seriously..." really.

Archived