BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs. Rovers

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While there is rightly debate about Bowyer's suitability, posts like that don't half make you glad that it never falls to a fan to pick a team.

Charmless, sneering and gratuitous comment from the 'Why, oh why' school.

Go on, Meadows. It's a thread about the Huddersfield game. Give us your opinion without putting the knife into someone. For once.

In typical Rovers fashion, we will follow up three straight defeats with an away win we are expected to lose.

I've got one of the boxes for tomorrow's match with work and on taking my little boy in full Rovers kit :)

Only thing guaranteed to happen is Rhodes to score at least one...

In typical Rovers fashion, we will follow up three straight defeats with an away win we are expected to lose.

I've got one of the boxes for tomorrow's match with work and on taking my little boy in full Rovers kit :)

only if he wants to

• Backroom

I wouldn't say its one we are expected to lose on paper

Who remembers the game in the 80s when it was hail stoneing so much the players had an extra long half time and we were all congaing around that big open terrace behing the goal waiting for them to come back out? Classic away game from that era. Can't remember the score though.

We won the hailstorm game 2 nil , I think ....

Xmas 74 we also won again the weather was atrocious very high wind ..

Bobby Hoy played for town he signed for us a few weeks later...

I fear 4 defeats on the trot tomorrow. ?

Who remembers the game in the 80s when it was hail stoneing so much the players had an extra long half time and we were all congaing around that big open terrace behing the goal waiting for them to come back out? Classic away game from that era. Can't remember the score though.

I remember the weather and winning ... but not the score. As for tomorrow ... It took a lot more motivation than usual to get the five tickets we need ... but will be there to see a 2-0 victory :-)

I would play the fringes and let them know they are playing for next season...

Kean

Kane Edwards Hanley Henley

Etuhu Dabo

Mahoney/Varney Dunn Taylor

Gestede

Is Ryan Edwards back from his loan? I know there was a Ryan Edwards playing for the U-21's tonight but I thought he was still at Tranmere

I would play the fringes and let them know they are playing for next season...

Kean

Kane Edwards Hanley Henley

Etuhu Dabo

Mahoney/Varney Dunn Taylor

Gestede

I am not sure we should resort to playing an entire second string; we could still get relegated! 55 points was safety last season. We still need 3 wins!

However I agree that Taylor should be back and Mahoney should be in the squad. Mahoney looked good against one of the best teams around in city. Yet bowyer won't give him 5 minutes against championship opposition!

Bowyer is such a cautious negative drab 'manager' who is really causing me to lose interest. Im going on a minibus today but only because its been sorted for the last month. My interest died at about 2.30pm last Sunday, although even a win midweek would have kept us in there.

If bowyer had anything about him, he should throw a potential match winner on like Mahoney in the last 5 mins, not Williamson as he did against Bournemouth.

Surprisingly I think we'll get something from this game, possibly even win it. Huddersfield have little to play for, but for Bowyer the pressure really must be mounting. And he's shown in the past (Leeds) in this situation he has got the much needed 3 points. Added to which we have some good players - Gestede, Rhodes, Hanley's back fit, Evans, and Conway. We should cause Huddersfield some problems with these players in the line up.

If we don't get something I'd be very worried - as Leicester next week could see us tonked and 5 games without a point suggests a lost dressing room, and a lack of any plan B. However, like I said, I think we can and will get something from this.

All those quality players were fit against Bournemouth. They didn't cause then any problems! 3-0 huddersfield

I think Bowyer will surprise everyone today. He'll go with a line up which will surprise everyone.

Gestede will be dropped, Rhodes will play up top on his own. He'll add an extra defensive midfielder Williamson and play for 0-0. He'll then come out after the game and say we've stopped the rot and we can build on this.

Uninspiring isn't it? Just feel sorry to the fans who are going today. You deserve much better.

Huddersfield to win 1-0.

Their keeper may have to make a save if Rovers fans are lucky.

Depends how bad Huddersfield play as they also have 'nothing to play for'. It could be a case of which of the half arses is the biggest. If they (Huddersfield) play average they'll win 1-0.

This isn't one of the 3 games I think we'll win from now till 'the end'.

GB seems to have a habit of picking up a result when he needs one. Could see us getting a win today. If we lose 4 on the bounce then that's a real concern.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gives Feeney a start today and brings Kilgallon back into the defence. Dunn could start this one as well. Could even see King being back on the bench. We are lacking players that can produce a bit of individual magic or can take a player on. Players like King, Feeney and Dunn can do that so think they'll all be involved in some capacity.

Archived