BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton vs Rovers 26th April 3pm

Another very promising performance to end our "Away" days for this season. We have made great strides forwards this season when compared to last and it all augers well for the future. The past few months have been very enjoyable and next season I feel we will have the foundations in place to mount a serious challenge for the play-offs and possible promotion. Once you free yourself of the negativity and the doom and gloom it's amazing just how liberating it is and how much more enjoyable it is following the team week in and week out. We might not always win but the enjoyment of following the Rovers remains undiminished.

The away matches, by and large have been more enjoyable than the home games. There are theories aplenty why this is the case and I have my own opinion on this. I thought Charlton were poor yesterday but we looked far better in terms of shape and balance. The midfield four were mostly dominant with Evans in particular catching the eye. Rudy will once again get the plaudits but I thought Markus Olssen was our best player on the day. Hanley was erratic, particularly in the first half but he did improve in the second half.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Promising if Olsson had a good game

Whilst I'm not a huge fan it's no doubt we will be cautious with funds in summer and if he's a cheap backup left back option he may be useful

Parson how has Tumwa looked in the reserves he's a full back isn't he?

The only thing them turds care about is team venky ...they don't give a @#/? about rovers . Don't underestimate how they proved this last week when they met the queen and f'd is right off .

You carry on hail hailing.

Sorry Abbey - you need to put your hatred to one side - of course they want us in the Premiership to stop us losing money.

He'll be kicking the cat around after that boo boo! Poor old 47er, he can't cope with rovers improvement.

You don't post much and you don't read much.

Nothing makes me happier than Rovers winning (except perhaps the thought of Venkys leaving)

I don't think we will make it, but as someone has already posted, the following results will take us there and they don't seem too far fetched.

Birmingham 2 Wigan 0, Forest 1 Brighton 0, Rovers 2 Wigan 0.

As an aside Birmingham are 2/1 on Betfair to go down. They have Wigan on Tuesday and Bolton away on the final day. They need at least one point and possible more, dependant on how Doncaster do at Leicester on the final day,

Am I missing something here? If Wigan are 6 goals better off than us (and that's what I'm seeing on the BBC site) then that scenario would see us finish with the same points as Wigan but with a 2 goal worse goal difference?

We need two 3-0's or other combination to at least even it up because we have scored more goals. Is that right or is it me (again)?

Am I missing something here? If Wigan are 6 goals better off than us (and that's what I'm seeing on the BBC site) then that scenario would see us finish with the same points as Wigan but with a 2 goal worse goal difference?

We need two 3-0's or other combination to at least even it up because we have scored more goals. Is that right or is it me (again)?

It's you. Wigan have a game in hand that they have to lose. Losing = minus GD.

But only losing 2-0 to B'ham (the game in hand) means their superior GD going into Saturday is still 4?

D'oh - of course they drop two and we pick up two if 2-0 at Ewood & we've scored more goals - get it now

any goal we score against wigan =2 1on ours 1 off theres so 2-0 would be ok

Promising if Olsson had a good game

Whilst I'm not a huge fan it's no doubt we will be cautious with funds in summer and if he's a cheap backup left back option he may be useful

Parson how has Tumwa looked in the reserves he's a full back isn't he?

He's been released I believe.

I think this criticism of Hanley is bit unfair. Yes the guy made a big mistake v Wigan and rightly got pummelled for it and it many respects we have only just regained the form we were showing up until his sending off.

I can remember what I was like at 22. Give the guy a break and get achance to learn, Central defender do tend to get better with experience. Faz was a liability in his early years but then went on to be one of the best we ever had.

Of course!!! Thanks for that! A senior moment or 2 is allowed at weekends!

So its asking a lot but its not so outlandish. The miracle awaits.

By the way, I won't be miffed if it happens.

I think this criticism of Hanley is bit unfair. Yes the guy made a big mistake v Wigan and rightly got pummelled for it and it many respects we have only just regained the form we were showing up until his sending off.

I can remember what I was like at 22. Give the guy a break and get achance to learn, Central defender do tend to get better with experience. Faz was a liability in his early years but then went on to be one of the best we ever had.

I call it as I see it and in the first half yesterday he made several errors culminating in giving a penalty away. He is a full international with over 100 club appearances so he isn't lacking experience.

Don't doubt the accuracy of what happened yeserday but if we are not careful the constant sniping could undermine his confidence, Yes like everyone he will make mistakes but he is a great prospect and I thin kwe should be patient enough to let him learn from those.

Like most of the team we need a 15 to 20% improvement next season if we are going to challenege. That includes everyone including Hanley, yes but also our manager and his obsession with an inadequate midfiled this year.

To my mind I think we may well be in with a shout of making that step up. Since that no show v Bournemouth we have had a good run.

That was another good win yesterday. The draws against Wednesday and Yeovil, as well the other points that we dropped with conceding goals in injury time makes our position all the more infuriating. Those four extra points from these two games alone would have us sitting in 5th!

We have made a lot of progress this year and while it's exciting to think what we could do next year, it's all dependent on us keeping the current squad together, which is going to be difficult, especially if our finances are as bad as they probably are! Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney and a few others will be on the watch list of other teams, so holding on to them will be crucial to us trying to get promoted next season. If we lose our key players, we aren't going anywhere.

• Backroom

He's been released I believe.

Odd wasn't he only brought in from Watford in summer? Has there been a mass clear out?

Ah I see he was on trial at tranmere earlier this month

I won't put any hate of them to any side .

Good result, good match, good day out, good away support.

Oh and a free scarve.

I would stick anything free in the bin off venkys. I wouldn't even wipe a certain part of my body on it .

Don't doubt the accuracy of what happened yeserday but if we are not careful the constant sniping could undermine his confidence, Yes like everyone he will make mistakes but he is a great prospect and I thin kwe should be patient enough to let him learn from those.

Like most of the team we need a 15 to 20% improvement next season if we are going to challenege. That includes everyone including Hanley, yes but also our manager and his obsession with an inadequate midfiled this year.

To my mind I think we may well be in with a shout of making that step up. Since that no show v Bournemouth we have had a good run.

Constant sniping? It's a messageboard where opinions are voiced. I have seen Hanley make the same mistakes several times this season. He will improve if he cuts these out and the coaches work with him in training.

Just following on from the Hanley discussion. Yann Songo'o has been on loan up here at Ross County since January and he's been very impressive. He's the same age as Hanley and looks quite a class act. Admittedly the Scottish Premiership is the same or lower standard than the Championship, but he may get a chance next season.

Forgot to say Jordan Slew was man of the match up here yesterday ! Can't seem to score goals but he's quite a handful for defenders.

Quite right. However I'm pretty sure that Grant Hanley will be looking at the situation in the Division as it is right now, viewing it as the nightmare that it definitely was and wondering 'what if I'd kept my discipline'..... and so will his teammates..... and his manager..... and all the coaching staff! Could be that he's learned a very costly lesson.

Archived