BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton vs Rovers 26th April 3pm

One incident v Wigan away and little of issue since.  I'd suggest that he's learned his lesson 

Quite right. We need a Hanley type player at the back and he's the only one we have.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

One incident v Wigan away and little of issue since. I'd suggest that he's learned his lesson

Sent off at Millwall, booked in our last three matches and conceded a penalty today. It's been remarked more than once that at times he's like a bull in a china shop, and because of this he's often penalised against even when he's not really done anything wrong. He's only 22 so I'm sure composure will come if he's given the right coaching.

Only way to ease financial pressure is to get promoted. Despite their obvious flaws, I genuinely believe Venkys want to see this club back in the prem. Of course they do, for the finances and glamour it brings if nothing else.

The only thing them turds care about is team venky ...they don't give a @#/? about rovers . Don't underestimate how they proved this last week when they met the queen and f'd is right off .

You carry on hail hailing.

No we wouldn't, if we had beaten Yeovil we would still be 8th.

He'll be kicking the cat around after that boo boo! Poor old 47er, he can't cope with rovers improvement.

• Backroom

Pack it up guys Steve Claridge just said we aren't in the equation

Yeah, what was that about? I appreciate it's a bit of a long shot but the Football League Show made it seem like we were 20+ behind in GD...

Does it really matter what the football league show say? I havent checked the odds but for us to get into the play offs must be a ridiculous long shot. For the three teams above us to all come unstuck in the next week would be incredible. He did have a point though, that the Brighton away game may have done the most damage in terms of goal difference if nothing else.

Have we actually been in a play off position at all this season? I can't remember if we have?

• Backroom

Does it really matter what the football league show say? I havent checked the odds but for us to get into the play offs must be a ridiculous long shot. For the three teams above us to all come unstuck in the next week would be incredible. He did have a point though, that the Brighton away game may have done the most damage in terms of goal difference if nothing else.

Have we actually been in a play off position at all this season? I can't remember if we have?

No I don't think we've ever been in the top 6.

It's a long shot but not an impossibility as the FLS basically made it out to be. From what I understand we need Wigan to lose on Tuesday to Birmingham, then Forest to beat Brighton Saturday and for us to beat Wigan by 2/3 goals. Unlikely, granted, but certainly not impossible.

• Backroom

8th is the highest we've been

I've said before at no point thus far have we looked like real contenders I just hope we've timed our run just right

It's a long shot but not an impossibility as the FLS basically made it out to be. From what I understand we need Wigan to lose on Tuesday to Birmingham, then Forest to beat Brighton Saturday and for us to beat Wigan by 2/3 goals. Unlikely, granted, but certainly not impossible.

Birmingham are down if they don't beat Wigan. Wigan are waning. There's a chance Wigan will slip up again.

I think Brighton will win against Forest anyway though. Forest have nothing to play for.

Blackburn manager Gary Bowyer:

"It was the second to last game of last season that we stayed up. A year later we have half a chance of the play-offs, so we have made a bit of progress.

"A hell of a lot of hard work has gone into it and we have got to make sure we continue that.

"Then we have an important summer because the club as a whole has quite a bit to do still."

Lest we forget where we were this time last season. This season Minimal Venkys interference, no Shabby the Clown, no dodgy agents, shrewd buys. I 'm lovin it. Even Dyche needed a season to consolidate. I am happy not to scrape into the play offs, scrape into the Premier League with Venkys larging it around the place and then coming right back again. I can wait until next year.

Evans - quiet, reliable, can't pass. He did fine. He's a solid little bugger and not much goes past him. Overshadowed by the excellent Cairney but I suppose that's his job. Get it and give it to someone who can play. He's a good lad.

Cairney - god he's gifted. He's got such a lovely range of passing and he's at the centre of everything. Really enjoyed his performance today. Thought he was a class above everyone else on the pitch. Great awareness, great ability on the ball and weighed in with a goal. MOTM I think.

This is where Bowyer gets minus points for me, and demonstrates his negative mindset.

When Lowe is fit, he will break up this partnership without even thinking about it. Evans can break up play, whereas Lowe will simply run and not commit to a tackle. Evans or Williamson do a far better job. Cairney can control a game from the centre but Cairney will be shifted out wide to accommodate Lowe. It's infuriating.

I don't think we will make it, but as someone has already posted, the following results will take us there and they don't seem too far fetched.

Birmingham 2 Wigan 0, Forest 1 Brighton 0, Rovers 2 Wigan 0.

As an aside Birmingham are 2/1 on Betfair to go down. They have Wigan on Tuesday and Bolton away on the final day. They need at least one point and possible more, dependant on how Doncaster do at Leicester on the final day,

Another very promising performance to end our "Away" days for this season. We have made great strides forwards this season when compared to last and it all augers well for the future. The past few months have been very enjoyable and next season I feel we will have the foundations in place to mount a serious challenge for the play-offs and possible promotion. Once you free yourself of the negativity and the doom and gloom it's amazing just how liberating it is and how much more enjoyable it is following the team week in and week out. We might not always win but the enjoyment of following the Rovers remains undiminished.

Another very promising performance to end our "Away" days for this season. We have made great strides forwards this season when compared to last and it all augers well for the future. The past few months have been very enjoyable and next season I feel we will have the foundations in place to mount a serious challenge for the play-offs and possible promotion. Once you free yourself of the negativity and the doom and gloom it's amazing just how liberating it is and how much more enjoyable it is following the team week in and week out. We might not always win but the enjoyment of following the Rovers remains undiminished.

Why does Bowyer seem to give the team more attacking instructions for away games compared to home games, do you think?

There's a guy in front of me (in his 60s) says that it's like watching a "different team" away from home. His words, not mine.

We don't need free scarves but a more positive mindset at Ewood would win him a lot more friends.

A bit worried by Bowyers final comment. Makes it look like we will lose players due to the finances. Can't see us keeping hold of Robbo and Rhodes if that is the case.

He'd better not start that crap, Ricky.

One of the things thrown back at those who believed we NEEDED promotion this season (apart from being told how unrealistic it was) was that Bowyer was building for the future. Most people, even the most critical, can see that there is potentially something to be optimistic about next season - even cautiously.

If we are now going to lose players because we didn't go up then there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for him protecting 1 point when all 3 have been there for the taking on several occasions this season!

Gah! He's so infuriating. :angry:

Like Shearer you mean? He was hardly prolific at Soton was he?

Hanley is a very strong player for us. He was a @#/? early season always wanting to take on the world but since the Wigan incident and subsequent points drain he has been excellent imo.

I agree, a bit of an old school centre back...

Archived