BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe set to return

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it's any of your beeswax, Jimbo, but I went to several games last season and watched live games on tele. I don't need the privilege of watching Lowe up close and personal week in, week out, to see he's an incredibly limited player who usually holds the team back.

Oh fair enough. No probs with you celebrating him suffering an injury then.

Sorry, Chris, I know that no one's allowed to do anything on here without your say-so. :)

I've presumed that you are an adult so it's surprising that you need to have it pointed out that celebrating a footballer suffering physical harm is poor behaviour. Your truculent reaction suggests that my presumption maybe wrong and you are, in fact, a sniggering school boy.

I've presumed that you are an adult so it's surprising that you need to have it pointed out that celebrating a footballer suffering physical harm is poor behaviour. Your truculent reaction suggests that my presumption maybe wrong and you are, in fact, a sniggering school boy.

Here's a newsflash for ya: I'm not a very nice person. Save your pathetic moralizing for someone who cares.

• 4 months later...

When is he set to return? I thought he was due back in January?

Lambert might find a use for him, he can run all day so closing opposition players down isn't going to be a problem, its just what he does when he gets there that is.

TBH I am hoping that Lowe will get a new lease of life under PL. The high intensity pressing game is ideal for Lowe - and given the demands on the players - he will be a very useful squad player.

• Backroom

I think his style would suit the current team giving us the options of two from Evans / Akpan / Lowe / Lenihan as the energetic defensive midfield pair

TBH I am hoping that Lowe will get a new lease of life under PL. The high intensity pressing game is ideal for Lowe - and given the demands on the players - he will be a very useful squad player.

Or, all our team will be doing it, and it will no longer be something we are short on. Making his contributions in this regard - which carry little to no end product - to be diluted in importance.

My hope would more be that Lambert can teach him how to actually play football, as he could be a hell of a player if he can add some skill and tackling ability to his game. Failing that, I only hope we can get a bit of money for him, as there is no room in a promotion hopeful team for a player of Lowe's previously displayed capability

Good managers set their teams up to limit the weaknesses of their players.

No point writing anyone off until Lambert has tried them out.

Could not agree more. Maybe Lowe will fit into a team that has a structure and instructed to play in a given role, something that he has lacked to date. Let us give him a chance as both us and Lambert are unsure until he gets fully fit. Mark Atkins used to get stick but he turned out OK? Lowe reminds me of him.

Could not agree more. Maybe Lowe will fit into a team that has a structure and instructed to play in a given role, something that he has lacked to date. Let us give him a chance as both us and Lambert are unsure until he gets fully fit. Mark Atkins used to get stick but he turned out OK? Lowe reminds me of him.

If only!

Agreed. While not having set the world on fire Lenihan has showed more in a couple of months than Lowe has in over 100 games.

Yes certainly. Think he started slow on Tuesday night but as the game wore on every time he was taking the ball he was getting his head up, turning out and playing a ball within a couple of touches. To be honest for a centre midfielder that should almost be a minimum requirement anyway, something which Lowe has never looked confident in doing (on the rare occasions he has actually attempted it). Played some neat balls he did too, looked really confident. I was saying to my mate how I wanted to see him and Evans swap positions but after what I saw on Tuesday from him I wouldn't. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the team more and how he develops.

Archived