BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe set to return

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just keep him off being the first name on the team sheet and keep him away from right back and I've no problem with Lowey. He's the type of player that either gets fit into a system as a functional cog or is just used as a squad man. He most certainly isn't the type to keep trying to build a team around. That's been tried and failed beyond doubt.

Lowe may be a different player under Lambert. You have to give him that chance of getting fit and a few games in, before you make a proper judgement. At present you have to wonder if he'll come back from the injuries he's had.

Evans' 3.5 year deal I can see us regretting pretty soon, Akpan although limited as a footballer, gives more cover, is more mobile, tackles better, and is more effective going forward than Corry.

I hope he does get fit again and get's back on track and it would interesting to see what Lambert does with him. However as a player he'll never be anything more than a water carrier imo. He'd look great in a decent league 1 side where he could just charge about then knock it short to the centre halves to lump it forwards time and again.

I am enormously looking forward to seeing Jason return. The lad has real ability and now will have a real boss to play for.

For the first time in his career! I agree with Donner meat about lenihan - he can spot a pass, gets his head up aswell as the defensive aspects. He could develop to be one of those box to box midfielders we've not seen since Jones. Still raw but he made a big difference vs Fulham and has got better the more I've seen him play.

As for Lowe - he has some great attributes but has little if any finesse or creativity based on past endeavours. Chris Brown has been rightly praised for work ethic and putting the body on line recently - despite never looking like scoring, I think it's a similar thing with Jason. If JL can be used and has an impact through his sheer athleticism and effort - he also should be offered praise.

He has useful attributes for us, let's not forget how weak the squad has become, if Lambo can get usage out of him as a first teamer or squad player - all the better for us.

Stuart rightly points out, he can play in more than one position. A useful commodity at any level.

I don't think PL would be as stupid as Kean- playing Lowe out wide right to be greeted by the derision of the fans.

I am enormously looking forward to seeing Jason return. The lad has real ability and now will have a real boss to play for.

Let's not make things up, Philip. He has very limited ability and simply a good engine. If injuries have taken any kind of toll on his ability to run for 90 minutes then he is done.

It's becoming an adage that the best players are always those who are injured but do not forget, he cannot tackle, cannot pass forward and cannot beat a man. Maybe played higher up the field he could be a Brown-lite (which would defeat the purpose a little) but I shudder to think of us carrying two non-footballers. Maybe he could be Brown's understudy? I certainly wouldn't drop any other of our current players to fit him in.

A squad player providing injury cover and/or the last 10 mins to see a tight game out. That's all. A player to 'look forward to' as some kind of saviour? No.

Let's not make things up, Philip. He has very limited ability and simply a good engine.

Said about Robbie Savage too but I'm really glad we had him!

Not that I think Lowe is in Savage's class but a good engine is an essential requisite for a defensive mid-fielder.

It is possible that under a new regime Lowe could become a good spoiler?

Jason Lowe was an England under 21 regular, he must have sufficient qualities to impress me play this game. He, like so many others, was being stifled by the odd tactics of GB. Give him the opportunity to get fit, be coached by forward thinking coaches and then get game time, then and only then should we be critical or otherwise of him. He may well turn out to be a mainstay for the future, a makalele or jermaine jones type of player.

Glad a few people see the same. We don't need Lowe to be Iniesta, but if we need a stopper/spoiler to run around and break up play, he's got the engine to do so.

We've never really seem him break up play either though, time after time they've waltzed through our midfield.

Said about Robbie Savage too but I'm really glad we had him!

Not that I think Lowe is in Savage's class but a good engine is an essential requisite for a defensive mid-fielder.

It is possible that under a new regime Lowe could become a good spoiler?

Providing he spoils the opposition attacks and not ours!

If, and it's a big if, he can learn something new from Lambert and Irvine then yes, I will give him a chance, but the Lowe we have seen so far does not get close enough to the opposition to do that.

We've never really seem him break up play either though, time after time they've waltzed through our midfield.

That's how I see it also. Like a lot of modern footballers - a good athlete but no real football intelligence. In a defensive role he's too easily drawn towards the ball instead of staying with the opposition runners coming from midfield. Going forward he's a limited player in that he finds it hard to get his head up and move the ball on any distance. Normally he plays a pass to somebody in the same position or worse than he is in. At right back his limitations are exposed less.

Bit contradictory that Tyrone, full backs need both athleticism and positional knowledge - I felt his strengths suited that role as opposed to his weaknesses being less exposed.

I think he has the raw materials of a DM in this diamond. I always thought he worked well stopping counter attacks - reading the play and getting into a position to force the other team to regroup.

Time will tell.

I don't think PL would be as stupid as Kean- playing Lowe out wide right to be greeted by the derision of the fans.

I remember the match at Carrow Road in our relegation season. Kean left Lowe totally exposed on his own on the right flank after he took Formica off and the lad did a brilliant job trying to cope with 3 attackers as Norwich poured down the flank.

It's funny that some people see Lowe as a "non-footballer" but were defending to the hilt another "non-footballer" - albeit one who scored goals.

It'll be interesting to see if Lambert can find a role for Lowe. He's been out a long time and it will be some while before he's fully match fit but personally, I think he has something to offer. Let's see.

It's funny that some people see Lowe as a "non-footballer" but were defending to the hilt another "non-footballer" - albeit one who scored goals.

:lol: how very begrudging - and patronising - of you.

Jordan Rhodes

Scores 1 in every 2 matches

£17m in transfer fees - plus other formal enquiries

Graduated through League One to the Championship

Scored over 20 goals every season, including a 33 and a 40 goal season

Coveted by PL clubs and signed for a promotion chasing club

Fans' verdict: "Can't hold the ball up, get shut"

Jason Lowe

Attributes include passing (sideways and backwards to get those completion stats up) and running around

£0 in transfer fees - no enquiries

Played half a dozen times for Oldham and then over-promoted to our first team by Steve Kean - and given a 5 year deal after a few games - probably one of Rovers' highest earners (excluding loanees)

Coveted by Blackburn Rovers fans

Fans' verdict: "Has a good engine, must play"

It's a strange one with Lowe,most supporters hate him,but every manager we've had had,thinks highly of him,including England u/21 managers,I personally don't think he's good enough in midfield,and think right back is his best position,but who knows,new manager might get more out of him,will have to see how it goes,he's certainly not as bad as some of the dross we've had in the last few years..

Jordan Rhodes - "coveted" by so many Premier League clubs that none of them ever bought him.

Lowe's a good lad - having suffered a long term injury myself as a player I know the frustration of being out for so long. I'm glad to see he's finally recovering and will be back on the pitch soon.

Lambert may see a role for him or he might decide he needs to restart his career somewhere else. What he doesn't need when if and when he finally returns to the team is know-nothings straight onto his back because they don't like him.

:lol: how very begrudging - and patronising - of you.Jordan Rhodes

Scores 1 in every 2 matches

£17m in transfer fees - plus other formal enquiries

Graduated through League One to the Championship

Scored over 20 goals every season, including a 33 and a 40 goal season

Coveted by PL clubs and signed for a promotion chasing club

Fans' verdict: "Can't hold the ball up, get shut"Jason Lowe

Attributes include passing (sideways and backwards to get those completion stats up) and running around

£0 in transfer fees - no enquiries

Played half a dozen times for Oldham and then over-promoted to our first team by Steve Kean - and given a 5 year deal after a few games - probably one of Rovers' highest earners (excluding loanees)

Coveted by Blackburn Rovers fans

Fans' verdict: "Has a good engine, must play"

I certainly don't think "he must play" but if Lambert has a plan for him and he gets the chance, where's the harm in that?

I would hate to see him sold cheaply and then come good,like one or two others.

Lowe will get a clean slate under Lambert, just like everyone else.

I can't see him going anywhere in the summer anyway, as he's still returning from a long-term layoff.

Personally, I'd keep him as a utility man for cover in midfield and RB.

Archived