BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

So you're saying GB should hang his head in shame because someone random at a random club on loan from Arsenal scored against another club?

I knew about Toral because I watch the under 21 league down at LFA and Leigh. GB should be all over this market I think he's saying. Yes GB should know about these guys and should hang his head in shame.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I knew about Toral because I watch the under 21 league down at LFA and Leigh. GB should be all over this market I think he's saying. Yes GB should know about these guys and should hang his head in shame.

He probably DOES. PL loans almost always involve fees or did that escape his attention and yours?

I am feeling desperate - once more we improve dramatically without Rhodes and with the arrival of more mobile and active players.

Hope he is not too injured -surely Sunderland must want him.

Fed up of shouting down the mine-shaft on this. We need a more flexible,fluid style of play.

It would be easier and far more effective to pair him with another decent striker who's more mobile and can let Rhodes occupy the central position. Rudy was good in his own way but he mostly just stood in the middle, didn't pull wide or run the channels or chase down and hassle very often. Best just did flook all. Get a smaller busier guy in there to create the space for Rhodes to exploit, that's his strength.

It would be easier and far more effective to pair him with another decent striker who's more mobile and can let Rhodes occupy the central position. Rudy was good in his own way but he mostly just stood in the middle, didn't pull wide or run the channels or chase down and hassle very often. Best just did flook all. Get a smaller busier guy in there to create the space for Rhodes to exploit, that's his strength.

Maybe Stevie May could be that player?

Maybe Stevie May could be that player?

Yep definitely the type if his display at Ewood last season was anything to go by. Can't say I've seen much of him but if he puts himself about like that most games he'd be just the man.

He probably DOES. PL loans almost always involve fees or did that escape his attention and yours?

Many don't involve a fee but suffice to say that the parent club are looking for the right loans for their youngsters . We don't seem that attractive to the top clubs to send loanees here.....

Wigan used to do ok with Martinez in charge with loans

Radosav Petrovic (remember him?) was also signed by Dynamo Kiev earlier in the summer.

Absolutely terrible player, gave the worst performance I've ever seen in a Rovers shirt against Villa at home in the Premiership season.

Sunderland will be in for Rhodes before the window shuts.If he goes we need a very good striker to replace him.I'm thinking Wilson of man utd,he might cost but I'm sure man utd could wait till Jan for the payment, as the sale off Rhodes would mean the lifting of the embargo.

We need to be pro active in the market as fenny blue says Mr Bowyer should know all about these good youngsters.

Saying that I remember talking to Tony Parkes once when he was manager and he could not bother to turn the telly on to watch Tiny Taylor on loan at Hartlepool

Sunderland will be in for Rhodes before the window shuts.If he goes we need a very good striker to replace him.I'm thinking Wilson of man utd,he might cost but I'm sure man utd could wait till Jan for the payment, as the sale off Rhodes would mean the lifting of the embargo.

We need to be pro active in the market as fenny blue says Mr Bowyer should know all about these good youngsters.

Saying that I remember talking to Tony Parkes once when he was manager and he could not bother to turn the telly on to watch Tiny Taylor on loan at Hartlepool

Might not be if the manager gets sacked. According to MOTD last night - Crisis meeting at Sunderland this morning.

I don't think that there is any real interest from Sunderland, other than the bid from Middlesbrough there have been no serious bids from anywhere else or even serious enquiries. I suspect that Sunderland will look to the European market once again. Wilson would be great but United will allow him out on loan to one of the host of Premier League clubs that have shown interest, no way will they sell him.

I am feeling desperate - once more we improve dramatically without Rhodes and with the arrival of more mobile and active players.

Hope he is not too injured -surely Sunderland must want him.

Fed up of shouting down the mine-shaft on this. We need a more flexible,fluid style of play.

Because we played so well on Tuesday with those 'mobile and active players' and without Rhodes, against a team just promoted from league two

I really cant Rhodes going to Sunderland. He doesn't fit into Dick Advocaat way of playing.

This morning papers are reporting Defoe wants a move to a club down south.

If Sunderland want to stay up they wont be looking at Rhodes that's for certain.

I just don't see ANY Premiership team looking at him because he doesn't fit the style of play. There isn't any room for a finisher, teams needs front men with pace, skill, ingenuity, guile and so on. Although I am happy JR is a Rover I just don't think he has those attributes in abundance for any team to lash out £12m for him.

Koita seems that player to me. Our best team seems to be getting clearer...

-------------------------Raya

---Lowe?---Hanley---Killer---Olsson

Marshall---Akpan---Guthrie---Conway

---------------Rhodes---Koita

I don't think that there is any real interest from Sunderland, other than the bid from Middlesbrough there have been no serious bids from anywhere else or even serious enquiries. I suspect that Sunderland will look to the European market once again. Wilson would be great but United will allow him out on loan to one of the host of Premier League clubs that have shown interest, no way will they sell him.

Is there anything in the Stevie May rumour?

Kamy, is there any transfer rumours? is it true Rovers after Stevie May?

In today's Sun is saying WBA are watching Hanley

Koita seems that player to me. Our best team seems to be getting clearer...

-------------------------Raya

---Lowe?---Hanley---Killer---Olsson

Marshall---Akpan---Guthrie---Conway

---------------Rhodes---Koita

Give me Steele and a proper right back in there and that's doesn't look a bad side under the circumstances. Would Bowyer just set them up under instruction to play his deep, sideways, do everything in straight lines cautious style though as we've seen over and over. For it to work he'd have to let the guys in the middle have a bit more freedom imo.

Steele is not the keeper Raya already is,I thought he was mom v wolves with his no nonsense approach and keeping the ball moving.

Steele is the far steadier and more experienced at this moment in time. Not saying Raya has done anything wrong but mom v Wolves ? Definitely not.

If Sunderland want to stay up they wont be looking at Rhodes that's for certain.

I just don't see ANY Premiership team looking at him because he doesn't fit the style of play. There isn't any room for a finisher, teams needs front men with pace, skill, ingenuity, guile and so on. Although I am happy JR is a Rover I just don't think he has those attributes in abundance for any team to lash out £12m for him.

If his name was Jordi Rhodesino, there'd be a ton of PL clubs lining up for him.

Archived