BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look every thread I go on, you're there, stop stalking me!!!

So, I ask a question of a regular contributor on here about a potential transfer target, you quote it with a daft comment about Brian May and I'm stalking you?

I hope your nurse has taken the sharp things away.

Koita seems that player to me. Our best team seems to be getting clearer...

-------------------------Raya

---Lowe?---Hanley---Killer---Olsson

Marshall---Akpan---Guthrie---Conway

---------------Rhodes---Koita

Agree with that, although Marshall needs to pull his finger out so possibly Barrow instead if he looks promising. And I'd have Henley at RB too, but I know Bowyer will find a spot for Lowe.

Radosav Petrovic (remember him?) was also signed by Dynamo Kiev earlier in the summer.

I'll get panned for this but I liked him and could see a lot of potential in him, one of many who didn't get a real chance at Ewood. He looked for the ball at every opportunity and had energy - anyone like that I have time for.

Kalanic as well, such an unlucky player. He would get a shot off in a crowded box - unfortunately it was the woodwork he'd often find.

I'll get panned for this but I liked him and could see a lot of potential in him, one of many who didn't get a real chance at Ewood. He looked for the ball at every opportunity and had energy - anyone like that I have time for.

Kalanic as well, such an unlucky player. He would get a shot off in a crowded box - unfortunately it was the woodwork he'd often find.

I take Gav's point but I think Petrovic arrived at Ewood at a terrible time. He's got a few caps for Serbia under his belt and they are no mugs. I think he's a decent player who looked a bit bewildered by the chaos at Rovers.

As for Kalanic, I reckon he was another case of a decent player being at Ewood the the wrong time. He seemed to spend most of his time as Big Samuel's lone Striker trying to either control long punts or chase them.

• Backroom

I've said it before, but Petrovic has done well everywhere he's been except here. He did look very poor here, but then so did most of our team under Kean. The only players who performed during that period are the ones whose roles required no discipline.

Yak - stand up top and hit the ball towards the goal if it comes near you.

Hoilett - Free role to do whatever you want.

Olsson - Bomb up and down the wing, don't worry about defending.

There may have been a couple of others, but generally speaking the players who actually needed to be disciplined in their roles failed to perform, presumably because Kean had not prepared them properly and/or set the team up so poorly that they couldn't impose themselves even if they wanted to.

Petrovic was just too slow for the british game ... he had ability , you could see that , but better players than him have struggled with the pace and physicality of our game and Kalinic i agree was very unlucky at times and possibly suffered by not an "Allardyce" type forward good luck to them both i say

I quite liked Petrovic too. Looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights a lot of the time though. You could visibly see the confidence drain out of him when the crowd got on to him.

I must support a different club to you lot, Petrovic was absolutely bloody useless, never put in a tackle and couldn't pass a ball, the rumour was he was a basketball player and brought in by mistake :lol: which would explain a few things.

Even **** realised he was useless and replaced him at H'T in the relegation season against Villa, if you saw him have a good game then I'm having a pint of what your were drinking.

I must support a different club to you lot, Petrovic was absolutely bloody useless, never put in a tackle and couldn't pass a ball, the rumour was he was a basketball player and brought in by mistake :lol: which would explain a few things.

Even **** realised he was useless and replaced him at H'T in the relegation season against Villa, if you saw him have a good game then I'm having a pint of what your were drinking.

He and Nzonzi played well at Norwich away.

Mines a peroni, cheers Gav.

He and Nzonzi played well at Norwich away.

Mines a peroni, cheers Gav.

Nope, he was useless, a basketball player, not a footballer, but I didn't go to Norwich....

'Barman....'

Nope, he was useless, a basketball player, not a footballer, but I didn't go to Norwich....

'Barman....'

Ill give you that he was limited, but Big Sam made a DM out of Campo, who was just as much a mess.

its the fans fault

By

again

I liked the look of petrovic initially but he got worse the longer that he was here.

Tired and predictable old clichés aside Yoda's brother how much do you believe the level of criticism levelled by the crowwd at the likes of Petrovic and Andrews helps the players improve their performances? Not only that but how much value in percentage terms would you estimate destroying a players confidence knocks off his value?

Players are human, they do hear criticism and everyone knows that playing with confidence rather than apprehension and fear of making mistakes is not conducive to good or improved performances.

Steele is the far steadier and more experienced at this moment in time. Not saying Raya has done anything wrong but mom v Wolves ? Definitely not.

Totally disagree buddy. Raya is still raw but Steele has been woeful for us. Raya made 3/4 excellent saves on sat I doubt the other keepers would have made. I'm not even convinced Steele is better than Clint.

Only thing the other keepers have over Raya is the experience and confidence to tear strips off Hanley when he regularly goes for the same ball as the keeper.

Archived