BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

Not having a go at mustard or his source at brockhall but I get the feeling that certain people around the club have been trying to flog Rhodes for a long time only for our owners to put a stop to it so unless the source is from Pune they probably know as much as the next guy.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realistically even out of FFP we would struggle to find players more talented than Marshall. We need to use him and motivate him better if we want to get promoted.

I think, like Rhodes, he will benefit a lot from Koita and Barrow. They will stretch teams a lot more than the existing players in the squad. It should give him the space to profit.

Agreed, I'm really hopeful for Koita and Barrow. Koita seems to have some urgency about his play, and Barrow is rapid pace wise.

Not having a go at mustard or his source at brockhall but I get the feeling that certain people around the club have been trying to flog Rhodes for a long time only for our owners to put a stop to it so unless the source is from Pune they probably know as much as the next guy.

Tbh I agree. It's why I didn't reveal the full details of what I heard as IMO it's unlikely to be true.

Brighton sign Jamie Murphy. Likely to mean they end their pursuit of Marshall.

Boro sign Nugent. Likely to now end their pursuit of Rhodes. You have to be disappointed with that if you're a Boro fan. Bamford last season, bidded for Rhodes this season, and end up with Nugent.

Think we'll accept the offer for O'Sullivan. He's way down the pecking order but wants to be playing regular football.

Not sure he's shown enough in his brief cameos to show he's a step up from what we already have. Selling him and bringing in McAnuff would be stupid though. I'd be surprised if we signed him.

Aitor Karanka is a clown. He's now been in their local paper saying that Middlesbrough have done well for signing Nugent for £4 million after spending so long linked to Rhodes for £14 million. What most other second division managers would do to be able to spend 'just' £4 million on one player.

That's more than £10 million spent this summer for Karanka. I will love it if they fail.

Any news on Chris Brown's departure or is Gary and his assistants converting him into a centre halfbecause he can't play centre forward very well.

Maybe convert him to a keeper except we had a keeper who had scored more goalsfor us than him in brad

Nugent is a decent striker but not in the same bracket as Bamford or Rhodes.

Not sure I like Boro's summer business. Feels like too much of a gamble. Not a fan of paying large fees and handing out big contracts to ageing players who have no sell-on value. I'm sure there were another club who did that...

I'd take him definitely from what I've seen. Much better harassing late option than Brown.

Surprised Wednesday want rid. I thought he was a bit of a cult hero?

Seen quite a bit of Stevie May up here in Scotland. He is a real trier, not the most aesthetically pleasing footballer you'll ever see, but I would take him in a heartbeat as he'll chip in with goals and assists.

• Backroom

May has a decent record in Scotland, but then so did the young Wayne Rooney/David Goodwillie (and both have also won the SFWA Young Footballer of the Year award).

7 goals in 39 apps for Sheff Weds suggests he won't come close to replacing the goals we've lost in Gestede/Cairney. Still, he's young and a better target than most others we've been linked to so far. He's certainly a better option to have than Browny.

Perhaps. If you were at Rovers playing under a duffer of a manager in a team going nowhere at ANY lower Division club and got offered the chance to have a shot at the Prem, wouldn't you be a touch peeved that you weren't allowed to talk to them?

More accurate I suggest mustard.

May is way better than Brown. Looks like Darren Peacock though unfortunately.

There's not many that aren't better than Brown. Find it hard to believe that Yak wouldn't be a better option at any level of fitness, that's if he would consider sub 10k wages.

Mates been speaking to Hanley and Lowe. Lowe said to him last week before season kicked off "I'm looking forward to getting back out there and smashing people". Hanley said he's not going anywhere and that Koita has "the best shot he's ever seen from any player at Rovers with both feet" That was just today.

There's not many that aren't better than Brown. Find it hard to believe that Yak wouldn't be a better option at any level of fitness, that's if he would consider sub 10k wages.

I suspect it will be difficult to find someone worse than Brown at profeesional level ...O Maras and Mckinnons place as the pits is under great threat !

Archived