BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Talk Part 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jobi McAnuff would at 33 be a waste of our scarce financial resources and also take up a valuable squad place. He ended last season on Leyton Orient's bench which says it all really. No harm in having a look at him but we must be getting desperate if we end up signing him.

But does it not cost money to have a look at them? I think the hotel costs and expenses would be picked up by the club.

It seems to me that he is desperate to fill the spaces he has available.

• Moderation Lead

What is the actual point of buying ANOTHER winger? We've now got Barrow, Taylor, Conway and Marshall! FFS. A burnt out one at that, who was on the bench for a team in the division below.

Ridiculous, and he's bloody 33!

Bringing in players on trial is fine, especially if they have/had talent like Avdic, even Jobi McAnuff ( I did think this was a joke when i saw his name last night ex Reading and all)... seems like a case of 'yeah why not take a look at him for a couple of days'

Only becomes a problem if they sign

What is the actual point of buying ANOTHER winger? We've now got Barrow, Taylor, Conway and Marshall! FFS. A burnt out one at that, who was on the bench for a team in the division below.

Ridiculous, and he's bloody 33!

Keep forgetting about Taylor, any idea when he is back from injury?

Can you imagine Pearson here, we've already had one (alleged) drunk who makes a fool of himself and us in public thanks.

We can only dream of getting Pearson, ie a real manager with a track record of success.

Currently we have a buffoon who thinks he's funny with his "right good go" catchphrase.

Can you imagine Pearson here, we've already had one (alleged) drunk who makes a fool of himself and us in public thanks.

Pearson's a tough individual who isn't afraid to speak his mind or upset people if it helps to get the job done.

His performance in the media last season took most of the attention away from his team and that triggered the greatest relegation escape in Premier League history.

A lot of people would prefer some 'nice guy' who has a link to Rovers or Blackburn. People like Keith Hill or Gareth Ainsworth, or Gary Flitcroft or Matt Jansen. People who have achieved nothing as managers at the level we or at or a club of our size but at least won't go round upsetting people.

If we needed a new manager I would much prefer going for someone with a proven track record of success in this division with a similar sized club. I'm not bothered what he does in the media. Look at Mourinho. His behaviour is embarrassing at times but it helps get the job done and in the end nobody cares because he wins.

Sounds like Jobi McAnuff is a strong possibility according to the ever reliable twitter.

Its beyond bizarre. If he was 4 years younger it would be an ok signing. But he's 33 and is playing at Leyton Orient, who have just been relegated to League Two.

If we've only 2 squad places left then it appears Bowyer is looking at a winger and another striker. Yet if he brings those in then his squad will be full to the limit and he won't be able to dip into the loan market when the window closes and won't be able to plug gaps if he gets injuries (inevitable given our recent run).

If we had let Chris Taylor go and were looking at McAnuff for a season to fill that gap then I could maybe understand it. But why give Taylor a new deal for the season?

I'm getting quite concerned by some of the names we are being linked with. Filling our squad with Chris Browns, Lee Williamsons, Nathan Delfounesos and Jobi McAnuffs has League One written all over it.

If we sign another winger then I can't see any reason other than either Conway or Marshall are departing, which if it happens, to a rival club, will be the final straw for some.

Didnt McAnuff play for Cardiff at some point?

Think he was there for a season quite a while back. I remember him mainly from Reading and Palace.

McAnuff would be another piece in the 100,000 piece jigsaw.

Not a corner, or a straight edge bit, admittedly.

Dragon's den would approve.

Get someone in for nothing, sell them for £5k, that's a infintessimal profit margin.

"Operative Bowyer, you have the green light to acquire the McAnuff target. Please transfer with extreme prejudice and give it a right good go."

• Moderation Lead

BLACKBURN will decide on O'Sullivan's future shortly. BARNSLEY are in. Want to buy.

A youth team player out, and Jobi McAnuff potentially in.

For a youth team coach, Bowyer doesn't seem to like giving the youth a chance!

BLACKBURN will decide on O'Sullivan's future shortly. BARNSLEY are in. Want to buy.

If this is true I am seriously beginning to think Bowyer has lost the plot. Why give O'Sullivan another 12 months recently? Has he regressed in that time and Bowyer now wants to get rid, is he a bad egg? I really don't know but Bowyer should certainly come out and explain this (if true).

• Backroom

O'Sullivan will leave I think

We've got some good players in this summer but it's increasingly apparent there is no real plan, a player is offered and we consider it no matter the position. That's at least how it seems.

O'Sullivan will leave I think

We've got some good players in this summer but it's increasingly apparent there is no real plan, a player is offered and we consider it no matter the position. That's at least how it seems.

You could almost be forgiven for thinking that there's some sort of financial incentive involved

Archived